Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

I lost my yellow record adaptor after safeguarding it for years. That's more than trivial it's catastrophic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d love to see what that does to the bill… good immersion though not burning out or whatever the terminology is, after 7 years…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at cars who feel I'm in the wrong by being on the road on a bicycle. This is mostly shown by them speeding past me honking their horn for a significantly long time.

I don't know what the feck their problem is. I'm using the road legally, I'm not in the middle of the road and I'm wearing reflective clothing and have my lights on. It couldn't be more obvious that I'm there. I'm not in their way and I'm not hidden. So clearly they just don't want me on the road or they think I'm breaking the law....? Might be annoying them because the pavement has a cycle lane that I could use if I wanted to but that segues into my other TA; not being able to use the cycle lane on a pavement because it gets taken up by groups of two, or more, people who refuse to budge. It's actually safer for me to use the road. It's even more annoying when I'm approaching two or three people from behind and I'm using my bell for ages before I get close, to make them aware "there is a cyclist a good few yards behind you, get ready to move", yet the moment they turn their back, I'm already trying to weave around them and they jump out of their skin when they see me. AND THEN I'M THE BAD GUY - THE NUISANCE!? I'm just trying to get home from work, **** move!

Another TA just happened about 10 minutes ago. I went into my local shop/deli to get a coffee like I have been doing every morning for the last few months. As I approached the coffee machine, I got my cup, I placed it under the thing, pushed the buttons and what not..... And as I leaned over to grab the sugar, spoon etc., Some fuckin meat-headed workie decided to slam his roll, bag and jacket on the unit where all the sugars and stirrers are, blocking me from grabbing anything. He didn't even look at me. He turned his back and went outside to use the phone. Prick.

I had to gingerly move his stuff out the way so I could get the thing. I just wanted **** sugar, pal. Why did you do that??

Anyway. Happy Friday everyone

GOOD NEWS! The coffee beans in Lidl are back in 1kg bags for 7.99. Oh wait, wrong thread... carry on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Technically, if your hot water cylinder is one of the more efficient ones ie a stainless steel cylinder your immersion should be on all the time and turned off only by a thermostat. It's more energy efficient.

That said, being Irish, it's simply something I don't think I can ever accept. My wife goes absolutely nuclear if I use the switch to turn it on.. because usually I forget to turn it off, I have to instead push in one, maybe 2 pins if I'm feeing wreckless on the timer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Off he went to buy some curtains, he found some in a charity shop but they were too short when he tried to put them on the window, the measurements on the wrapping were wrong.

Decided to donate them(as they are perfect except for the size) to a homeless/supportive housing charity, he rewrapped the curtains and put the same(wrong) measurements on the wrapping!!!

😶

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back in the day I used to put tips on shoes for exactly that reason. The 80’s have ALOT to apologise for 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

F...ing alots and moresos 😁

I see them a lot here...😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Shops have signs mask required people go in without a mask, people don't know how to wear a mask, eg it must cover the nose And the mouth

if there's a rule it must be enforced or else drop it

. Going to shop buying 10 items but forgot to buy coffee or tea. Look on website January sales , 100 off item x, TV, laptop model x then realize its not avaidable in the shops. its sold out. People who use complex words but can't pronounce them right on podcasts. People on podcasts who just say this show film game is cool, everything is cool. The English language has 1000s of words try and use them . People over 50 who insist on using the latest slang word s. It just sounds weird like your elderly aunt talking about the latest Kanye Drake rap album

One advantage of getting older is you don't have to even try keep up with the latest trends in music fashion, just relax.

Post edited by riclad on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The feeling of a long hair in your sock.

Cat owners who don't put bells on their cat's collar.

The crick I have in my neck.

My foreign language student not getting the whole working from home thing and constantly interrupting calls/sitting on the couch watching videos on her phone while I'm trying to work/generally being completely oblivious to the fact that I'm not just sitting at home for the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I tried putting collars and bells on my two cats, all I achieved was numerous cuts on my hands

You should try putting one in a box . Then you'll know about cuts !!

Anyway my TA is put on my reading glasses to look at boards and one of the lenses popped out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Poppy seeds everywhere after eating a poppy seed roll

I had green stains on my fingers and kitchen, I haven't a clue where they came from !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

'Were' and 'where' are NOT the same word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Neither are swath and swathe.

Trying to watch the Donegal ,Mayo game and you can't because of rain on the lens 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at Boards now defaulting to double line spacing whenever I hit Enter.

It's horrible when trying to write a list format.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Washing machine died the other day, replacement arrived yesterday.

Previous machine was 7kg and a normal wash took 1.5hrs....thought that was a pain in hole but got on with it.

Looking up specs for new machine....up to 65% quicker washes....great thinks I....order it

Looking through the manual after it arrives normal 9kg wash takes 3.5 hrs ...who has that type of time to do a wash especially in Ireland when you are likely to have 4 seasons of weather in those 3.5hrs.

So go looking for this 65% quicker wash....small print (of course) you have to reduce the load ....great 2kg of washing in an hour ....but only light clothes ....so fantastic an underwear wash for an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭blackbox

Can edit post but can't delete it or delete the quote.

Quite annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

TA its hard to find heavy duty bin bags. You used to be able to get thick black plastic sacks, great for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, in 2020 I bought a ticket to see a Dutch band perform live in London. Obviously, that didn't happen. Looks like it might happen in April but the ticket's 3 years old so it's quite faded. Whatever creature who saw my email thinks I want to reschedule despite my never having mentioned it. I now see why people hate Ticketmaster.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I was driving in behind a lad on a bike the other day.. kinda busy so overtaking wasn't really ever an option so I tootled along behind him keeping my distance..

Well the amount of times he looked back at me, shaking his head, gesticulating for me to overtake him and then roaring something at me when I didn't.. all the while there was a steady stream of oncoming traffic.

Bizarre carry on.

I cycle a lot so I know what it's like to have someone squeeze past me because they are overtaking while trying to avoid oncoming traffic. I thought I was doing the right thing. Not in this lad's eyes anyway.

Booster pain

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I

n

s

o

m

n

i

a

and I’ve stuff on tomorrow, there be no cure

Trying to read that is making my eyes hurt.

• Advertisement

People who don't type words normally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement