Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What's Rooney like at CM or CAM? Plan is to take the base,mid,prime player pick if I can stomach the 10 squad battles as I figure it's a free gamble at a multi million card but part of me is wondering should I play it safe and take mid Rooney instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mid Rooney is an utter farce... i have him and he's rotting in the reserves he's so bad. Cant believe he was 800k when I got him...I wouldn't pay 100k for him.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lads, Constant Pressure in this came is a complete joke. Even my best players with high composure stats turn into absolute lemons if someone uses constant pressure, it is infuriating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Judge to play devils advocate.

used him today as a CM for ten games, along side TOTGS Bruno and TOTY Jorginho, and loved him. Found he was absolutely everywhere, pinging around passes, firing off shows. Quick, strong. I feel with that three as well, I’m able to fire off passes to my front three at will too.

If I spot someone doing that, I just start launching long balls forward. Constant pressure usually leaves them very open to counter attacks. It’s just a matter of taking a breath when they try pressuring you, not being afraid to pass back to the keeper and throwing blind passes up the field to where you know your players should be, instinctively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I find R1 dribbling brilliant against constant pressure, even with centre backs. One simple move and you’ve beaten their press with a great chance to send a ball in behind their defence and more often than not, you’ll end up with at least a 2-on-1 situation.

It just requires a little bit of calmness. I’ve been using constant pressure often lately when behind by a couple of goals, you can overturn anything up to a 3 goal deficit against decent opponents or worse in my experience with the tactic, but against good players you’ll concede the next goal fairly quickly and then you know it’s time to quit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What kinda tactics/formations are you all using for all out attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

80 Packs saved for tomorrow, I can taste the disappointment already

3-5-2 normally but switch to a 3-4-1-2 for all out attack. 100 depth, 55 width constant pressure, nobody coming back on defence, both strikers and wingers on get in behind, everyone getting in the box for crosses. 60 depth and forward runs in attack. Sweeper keeper and come for crosses is a must.

It's very much high risk, high reward. Sometimes I'll go for it at 0-0 if the opponent isn't very good and I'm looking to get matches done quickly, but it's more useful when you're behind with no more than 30 mins left as it'll exhaust your centre backs.

It's the hope that kills you!! I've 91 saved including 6 ultimate packs for the ultimate disappointment...

• Advertisement

I use the 3412 also for all out attack. It leaves me very open at the back but you'd expect that. Any decent players can just ping it out the wings and a through ball and I'm done for.

For all I’m 3-1 in weekend league, I can’t say I’m finding any of Lewandowski, Jorginho or Hakimi “special”. Like, they’ve scored goals and done alright for me, but I feel that for their prices, I’m not massively feeling their presence on the pitch at all. Two of the wins were 100% down to my subbing decisions too.

Tempted to sell them up already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

that was my feeling on lewa aswell, id be glad to pack him but not having the coins tied up in him if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Oh absolutely, If I get a TOTY great but if not I’ll hopefully get a large chunk of fodder to help make a start on Varane

100%

Like, with Hakimi....he's really good. But I have POTM TAA. Is Hakimi a 700k upgrade on him? Absolutely not. So, Hakimi is going back on the trade pile, and TAA is coming back in. Same with the other two. They don't feel like they've improved my team for the sheer coinage I spent...

That's the first time I can remember someone on here putting their wins down to managerial ability 😂.

I bought Jorginho and I'm happier with him than Zidane(91) and Baby Ronaldo anyway.

Zidane was only averaging a goal or assist every second game. Have to spend the coins on someone when 9 are untradeable and going ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only 3 games in but this WL is hell already, not sure I've conceded a single goal that wasn't a rebound from a tackle I made

I have the first section and the last 3 sections done already from the fodder I had in my club. With the packs I have saved, I'm hoping to finish of crafting Varane, complete Vidic and maybe the Mid or Prime Icon.

After TOTY all my efforts are going on Kaka. Going to take the 82x25, 83x25 and mid icon pack from swaps and hope to strike lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Must have done over 100 of the Premium/Normal upgrade packs between using the untradeable fodder in my club and recycling duplicates back in,

Stuck to PL as they have more higher rated fodder so was thinking at worst I'd end up with a nice bit of fodder off Varane/Maldini.

Packed Mane and that was the only really high rated pull. A few 85's e.g. Schmeichel, and I genuinely packed Matip over 15 times of course! 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I'm finding this a huge issue of late.

It feels like you're being punished for positioning your defender correctly. Cordoba especially is a nightmare for it. He's so agile it's easy to put him into the correct position to win the ball, but with how small he is it seems the rebound always goes in favour of the attacker.

I don't really bother with WL lately and just give away all of my games on purpose. You'll end up with anywhere from 6-9 wins from people doing the same thing, far less stress and much more free time.

WL is pretty pointless now until TOTS as 99.99% of the reds aren't making anyone's team.

The game really doesn't reward good defending.

I was defend the ball virtually 100% of the time, it's just in my nature to do it and I don't feel like controlling someone off the ball if a striker has it in my box, so I'll even switch to a CB deep in my box if needs be.

I find you'd nearly get MORE passes drifting by the player you've put into the passing lane or deflections if they bump into you(than the passive players).

It's the opposite of what the game should do.

Isn't it amazing how pass after pass going 5mph go over, under and around your players over and over but if you hit a shot and there's another opposition player between you and the goal they'll block it almost every time.

I even had one this week where Kimpembe chested the bullet shot down and controlled it.

It's the completely opposite of what should happen, players should cower and flinch for shots and get the passes but obviously EA can't programme a proper football game.

I've noticed the dodgy rebounds have got worse as well. Sometimes it's pure nonsensical, like the ball could rebound off my CB who is surrounded by 3 of my players and 1 opposition player, and the ball will of course rebound directly to the feet of the opposition player.

Sometimes it will even roll right by my players feet slowly, but my player will freeze for a second like the game has already determined where the ball is going to end up and they're not allowed to intercept or touch it.

My keeper is also a lot worse. Ever since the patch Szczsney has saved 4 or 5 shots into his own net. He's pushing the ball out for a corner when catching it would be easy, punching high balls when catching is easy etc.

It's just so annoying to have an interception bounce right off your player because he wasn't expecting it......even though you placed him there to make the interception.

I just feel so helpless 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Sold Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Did the the Figo SBC, bought Lewa and Ginola. 4 rivals games in, 4 wins and up to 1960 points. Think thats about the highest I've been. The physicality of the two strikers and the quality of crossing from Figo and Ginola is a great combination. Considered doing Varane but my CBs are both untradeable and doing fine so threw the fodder into Figo instead.

😂 it’s rare I can feel confident in taking credit for turning games round, but I know the subs were working today.

Ive got Squad Foundations Openda and Neres, as well as Mid Best, on the bench. At the 60 minute mark, I throw them on, and if I’m losing, I throw them on aggressive interceptions too. The trio are incredible at catching tired defenders off guard, and Openda makes some incredible runs in behind late in the game. I’m feeling if I can survive till 60 minutes being less than two down, I can absolutely still win games bringing the, on to run at the opposition.

it’s just about the only thing I do feel I have control over in a way to turn tides in games 😛

So, I shoehorned TOTY Hakimi into the team on 7 chem at centre back, switching to CDM in-game with Petit going back into defence. First game with him, in the Weekend League and I’m dying to see how he gets on over a full match:

He’s not bad, to be fair. 😂

• Advertisement

The worst part about WL is how few even matches I have, I'd say of the 20 each week maybe 3 or 4 are a good game, the rest are all either 4-0 wins or losses against opponents clearly on a very different level to me.

Advertisement