Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Firstly it was definitely on when I test drove it... Secondly I'm relieved to hear you can turn it off and on... Thirdly thanks for the answers, much appreciated 👍

Does the car then act like any other auto would? Lifting off the brake pedal moves the car forward slightly etc

I might give it a go in time, car is due later this week, but the thing is my daily commute is about half motorway and half national road so I'll be cruising for most of it and in my current car I'm used to getting to speed, turning on cruise and my foot hovering over the brake pedal in case of a kamikaze driver or cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I would drive with the e-pedal almost all the time - I'd still have the foot ready for breaking but I find it a much more relaxed driving style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

There's a setting you can set to have the car remember the e-pedal state. I.E. if it was on when you stopped the car it will be on when you start it again. The default is to have the e-pedal off on car start though.

Must find this setting when I take delivery, thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Has anyone else noticed on the L40 that the "Charge Time" screen, when you turn off the car, is inaccurate?

I came home a couple of nights ago at about 40% battery. I have my Charge Timer set to start at midnight and finish at 8 (when I leave), but when I plugged in my charger it started charging immediately. After a little investigation I realised that this was 'cos I had "100% charge priority" set, and it reckoned it wouldn't reach 100% between midnight and 8, so was starting immediately. I didn't think too much off it, as I'm only getting used to the L40 battery (I used to drive an L24) and I thought maybe it really wouldn't have enough time to charge.

Anyhow, now that I was aware of it, last night I had 78% charge when I got home. When I turned off the car the charge screen told me that it would take until 6am from midnight to fully charge. I thought that was a bit extreme, 6 hours to get 78% to 100%? I plugged it in, and got my notification from the App at 3am to say it was fully charged. So it took 3 hours, after telling me it would take 6.

I've checked, and in settings I've got the Charge Screen set to 6Kwh, so that's correct. Has anyone else noticed that this screen is so off with its estimates? I've now turned off the 100% charge priority setting, as I don't want to use day time rates just 'cos the car thinks it won't have time to charge fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Zappi V1, 32Amp. Is one charge points 6.6kW different to another's?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What mode is the Zappi in... Fast, Eco or Eco+?

One of the things that can happen with in-car timers and Zappi is that when you plug the car in it will immediately fire up a short (a few seconds) charge session to see what the maximum current the charge point can deliver. The car then uses this figure to estimate how long the charge will take.

The Zappi (depending on firmware you have and settings you have) will not deliver full power in that first few seconds so the car then incorrectly determines that its a lower rate charge point than 32A and so you get a much longer estimate than it should be. However, when the actual charge session starts it will ramp up to the full rate and so will finish much earlier than the estimate given.

There is a setting in the Zappi to counteract this. Cant remember it off the top of my head now though.

Zappi is in Fast Mode. When I plug it in, it kicks in for a couple of seconds and then says "Charge Delayed".

The thing is the Leaf gives the estimated time for charging every time t's turned off, whether it's plugged in or not. So I don't think the figure is based on what charge rate it's detecting, as it's not plugged in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I've noticed this before when using priority full charge instead of on and off time. I think the car believes that the charger is 3.3kw and there is no way to change it (the 6.6kw setting does not seem to affect the priority setting). Its a bug in the software and has never been fixed, mine is a 2018 40kwh. The bug essentially means that the car thinks it will take twice as long to charge and so will start the charge much too early.

Yep, that seems to be exactly what I'm seeing! Like you say, turning off the priority full charge bypasses the issue. Good to know I'm not the only person seeing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had some issues like this with my Zappi2, turned out to be a faulty cable so I was sent out replacement as under warranty

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Picking up the L40 SVE tomorrow - surprised when the dealer called. Trading the car I've wanted since I was 10 years old so bitter sweet (more bitter to be honest 😰) !!

Enjoy it, I've got my L40 SVE about 3 weeks now and really like it.

So, I traded in my 151 L24 (SV with Cold Pack) against a new L40 SVE a while ago. I went to three dealers, and the most I was offered for it for Trade In was €7,000. I thought about private sale, but as it had over 130,000kms on it, and looking at some ads online, I decided that while I could probably get a bit more (maybe €8,000), it might not be worth the hassle, so I took the €7,000.

Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to check to see if my old car was up for sale yet. And it is, thought not with the Dealer who took it, they obviously passed it on. Another garage is now selling it, and asking for €10,795! I'm not annoyed or anything, I was happy with the €7,000 and I love my new car, so that's all fine. I just think it's mad asking for so much money for a 7 year old car with over 130,000kms on it. I mean, I bought it in 2018 with 77,000kms on it for €12,500! Anyone else think that garage is chancing their arm with their asking price?

Not at the moment. The price of second hand cars are gone nuts. My trade in is 12K more this year than I was offered in Jan 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was also offered 7k by a dealer as a trade-in on my Leaf. Got over 8k privately.

It has next to zero depreciation in the 4 years I owned it, thats how crazy the current prices are.

But its no great success, as the younger Leaf I traded up to was big money too.

Post edited by NIMAN on

Anybody else find the drivers seat in the L40 is very narrow and a bit too deep between the 2 wings and not very comfortable? Thinking of this as a practical solution. Anybody any other ideas?

https://www.micksgarage.com/g/seat-cushions/products/04af2355572/taxi-driver-the-breathing-cushion

Picked up the L40. Cannot register on NissanConnect though - "This VIN is not supported". Anyone come across this?

• Advertisement

As far as I can see it's only the app that is different. There doesn't seem to be a Nissan connect EV website, just one NissanCoonect site. The app I am using is the EV one but when you log in with no car in the garage it just redirects you to the website anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Has the car been previously registered in the Nissan Connect system? If so, that may be your problem.

If that is the case, an email to Nissan Customer Services (probably needing a copy of the Cert of Registration in your name) ought to resolve that.

I had this exact issue a couple of weeks ago, @harderthanf .

Nissan support told me not to use the website at all. They told me to download and install the NissanConnect Services app, and register through the app. Even if you're registered with the website first, that username and password won't work. When you register through the app, you can then add the VIN, you'll need to sit in the car and get a code from the car screen, and add that to your app, and then it will connect, and after an hour or two you'll be able to control the charging/heating etc.

Its saying my VIN isn't recognised. Any ideas?

I am trying to register on the app, NOT the website.

I have emailed Nissan Ireland for advice in meantime.

Edit: Nissan got back to me. I needed to be using the NissanConnectEV app and not the the NissanConnect Services one.

I created my profile online on a laptop, did the security checks of switching car on/off, then it was recognised.

Deleted the old app, reinstalled it again to get rid of my old Leaf login, and signed in again with my new details, and all appears to be working fine.

Post edited by NIMAN on

I tested my gen 2 Leaf at a public charger to make sure the cables were working ok, but I found it didn't release the cable from the car port.

I had to press the little charging cable button on the dash to get it to release.

I tried 2 different leads and did same thing with both.

Does that happen all the time?

That happens to me also. I think it's a security feature

So you disconnect the one from the charge point ok, but have to go to dash to press a button before you can go and take it out of the Leaf?

Seems overly fussy. The Gen 1 car didn't act like that. You could lock the cable if you wanted, but it didn't lock all the time automatically.

• Advertisement

You can also press and hold the bottom button on your key, the one with the charger and the lock on it, for a few seconds to unlock it. I had a family member last week return to his car to find his cable had been pulled out by some idiot passing by, the only casualty was a minor scratch on the plastic casing but it shows you the mentality of some and why extra security shouldn't be scoffed at

Advertisement