Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

wearing this today, when setting the date realised it hasnt been out since November, shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Snap! My birth year SMP Mark II runs about +2 to +3 per day. I reckon for a 50 year old watch, that ain't bad :) I had to play with mine a bit, as there was a major discrepancy that suggested +15 in one position, but when worn, and left dial up fully wound at night, at the end of the week, it will be about +14-18s. That's grand, as far as I'm concerned.

I love messing with the timegrapher, but it can be easy to get obsessed :)

My SKX009, that has never had a service (2003 model), according to the first owner, runs at +8 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

That is stunning Cyrus . I find Im getting more attracted to watches with complications lately and they dont get a whole lot more complicated than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks it is a lovely watch and generally this kind of thing is a little under appreciated, a good portion of the proceeds of the sale of my Hulk went on this. C24 tells me its gone up 80% in the intervening period which im not sure i believe, but perhaps people are a little more drawn towards these kinds of watches now.

• Advertisement

Yeah just looked at their prices and they are higher than i expected .beautiful watch though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

T'is a Ball day for me

I want to pick up some other straps for this. Only have this leather one and the original bracelet (not a big fan of that). I'd like a bracelet of some sort for it but don't want to chance getting something that won't integrate nicely with the case and lugs.

@hitemfrank Try AliExpress. There are loads of options there for anything from €17 to 30 or so in all kinds of styles, straight or curved ends.

I went through a good few for a couple of watches before splashing out (relatively speaking) on Uncle Seiko, Forstner, Strapcode, etc.

You might need to adjust end links for pressed curved ones, but that's easy enough with a parallel pliers.

This is an Alpha on generic curved end links and a 1447 style bracelet with double safety toggle clasp.

Less than 30 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Will be 10 years in November since I got my first mechanical watch and this became my Grail while I was researching that watch!

The Eagle has landed 😁

Stowa Flieger Classic Baumuster B 40mm

Was on their Advent Calendar sale so saved €165. Counteracted some of the inflation over the years of waiting!

Sorry for all the pics, I'll get a proper lume shot tonight! I'm delighted with it. Have a €10 voucher so I'll order a spare brown leather strap for it anyways but I'm tempted to get an other option or two to wear it on.

Now to find another Grail! Good chance it will be Sinn diver though I'm still drawn to an A dial flieger. Matching Stowa or maybe the Laco version for the more original flieger look!

• Advertisement

@Ryath That is lovely!

I do love a sterile dial, military watch. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Nice Stowa.

Old school DJ for me today, it hasn’t had much winter wear. Put it on this morning along with a few sprays of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino to make me feel a bit more summery.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That's a really nice Fleiger

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Ryath: "sorry for all the pics ...."

😁😁😁 there can NEVER be enough watch pics!

Congrats - it looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Some lovely watches on wrists in here for the weekend! The sheer variety in here always delights me tbh. A little bit of everything and all loved 😁

I'm off to Athlone today for a sneaky night in a hotel before taking on a pile of DIY jobs in the out-laws tmrw. With electrical, plumbing and mechanical work all to be done.

With that in mind its the Hamtun H2 on the wrist as a cool but also very robust watch.

I've got plenty of jobs on tmrw for them but, I'd do it and more in a heartbeat for them. They are lovely people and I'm honestly lucky to have them and even luckier to be having their daughter 😉😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

This big box for a small 26mm watch arrived last week.

It was sized yesterday by our local jeweller. It's a Grand Seiko STGF286. I've had a few abysmal failures in attempting to get a watch for my good wife. We had the discussion about a used Rolex 69173, she liked the look but not the whole stops if you don't wear it and the servicing every couple of years. Quartz seemed the best option, we bought online and her biggest fear was that the gold tone would be rose gold.

I got a bit of a bargain on it, as I assumed the watch was without spare links so I bid assuming I'ld need to buy links, I bought a loose link to make sure it would fit. The proxy service took some extra photos when it arrived to them and there were three spare links with it.

Ok twist my arm 😄 In my defense in my rush to get photos earlier I used my phone, broke out the DSLR for these still a bit rushed though. The blued hands are very hard pick up without glare and reflections on the crystal. Overcast day doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

That is a pretty cool looking watch. I miss it. . .!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I’ve looked after it I promise, you’ve got a couple of nice replacements at least.

Still think that the two tone DJ at its best when you’re sitting in short sleeves on a sunny day with a brightly coloured drink in hand.

Post edited by mailforkev on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Sitting all morning do a very boring presentation and slumming it with my Casioak...its not a great watch but its alright. Comfy and light. The dark colourwise is a bit hard to read and the light is a bit dim. Mostly makes me want to get another Dark side of the moon. If only somebody would sell it back to me....cough cough.....

• Advertisement

Love the stowa. Still miss the one I sold for half nothing here few years ago. Had bought it in their used and checked sale and sold it on at what it cost me. I've been looking at their bronze offerings for a while

Was always sickened I missed that sale. I've had that sale page open as my first tab ever since and checked nearly every day. Always says check back soon 😥Some day I'll find the funds if they do. They were a steal at the price. I'll be torn between the A dial, Icarus and Marine though. 2nd two are a little cheaper so I may be tempted in another advent sale in a year or two.

Probably go for hand winding next time. Was tempted this time know it's more authentic to the original flieger but I was more drawn to having an ETA movement. The auto is handier for regular wear, this Flieger is going to be pretty much my regular weekend watch I'd say for the foreseeable future. I can't stop admiring it, I'll be sorry have to take it off Monday.

Was hoping your watch would be offered back some day looks like it's gone for good now though!

The Bronze versions are very nice alright.

I was trying my speedie on a nato last night and it just makes it too bulky .Currently have it on a leather strap as I can’t get the bracelet comfortable.Have looked at doing the mod for the adjustable clasp but the clasp with end links are over €400 which seems an excessive amount but if it makes the watch more wearable it will be worth it .

I’m also considering the forstner bracelet which looks great .

Does anyone here have experience of the clasp mod or forstner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Cheap and cheerful hand cranker arrived last night. Seems to be very accurate and I like the idea of the 80h power reserve. Was tossing between this and a white dial flieger but the black arabics and sizing done it for me with this. Wears very well.

Have you tried the speedy on a Erika's NATO? Wears pretty slim

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Swapped to the stingray strap for my Luna Dude. I absolutely love this watch and it's pretty nice owning something with so my hype around it.

I put a deposit down on a MG ZS EV today so my watch purchasing will need to go on hold for a bit 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

I like to be different

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Measure twice cut once! Measure twice cut once!

And never assume from a glance that the units in a kitchen are standard sizes🤣

I had planned the work for the In-laws on being a straightforward swap of a 1200mm unit with a 600mm one. Leaving me space to plumb in water and waste before slotting home the new washing machine.

Turns out that the double unit was custom sized and the sink was off centre in it meaning I had 550mm to fit the 590mm wide washing machine into 🤦

Luckily the original kitchen was built with 50mm of deadspace between the cooker and the wall, so knocked out that sliver of countertop and moved the cooker against the wall, then moved 2 other units around to free up the 600mm needed and **** me if I didn't make it all work 😁

Followed up with rehanging the garage door, installing some handrails and other supports and finished off with 4 new double sockets.

This morning? I felt like I'd done a double session at the gym with far too much weight tho 🤣

The Hamtun held up wonderfully to all the work tho 😉

As an aside? If anyone knows any decent builders and/or roofers serving the Midlands, drop me a pm please.

Advertisement