Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interpay

• 28-01-2022 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I wanted to do a 15k + 10k transfer yesterday from my account in branch to an account in another Irish bank.

One of your colleagues got me to fill out Interpay forms at a cost of €60. I mentioned it was a domestic transfer, but she insisted on Interpay.

Is Interpay the transfer mode of choice for domestic transfers aswell as international when not online banking?

Separately, the money has not arrived today, even though I submitted the form before 11.00AM yest.

How long would an Irish to Irish tranfer usually take?

Post edited by yaknowski on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

An Interpay form would be required to request a SEPA or International Transfer, SEPA would include transfers to other Irish banks. Can you please let us know if you requested a normal or urgent Interpay? With these types of transfers the payer's account is debited at the same time that the payee's account is credited.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

Yeah, the girl asked me if it was urgent, and I said yes. How long do non-urgent transfers take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us. We would expect this to be received by the payee by close of business today at the latest. Have the funds debited your account yet? A non-urgent transfer would usually be processed the following day for funds to reach the payee the day after that.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Why wasn't the customer offered same day SEPA? Or at worst, next day? costs should be minimal (20-50c) then rather than 60EUR?

The girl did bring offer bank drafts, for 50c or something like that but thought this would be quicker!

Feel sorry for anyone (older people etc.) not on Banking365 who have to pay this for domestic transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

My mother is 87. She uses online banking.

Many of her peers use online banking too.

You'd be very surprised at how tech savvy "older" people are. They grew up in a non snowflake era.

They don't need pity.

Great for your mother. My parents in their early 80s can hardly use a remote control, let alone internet banking. But in general not great for anyone who doesn't use online banking that they have to pay such high fees to make a domestic transfer.

Your use of that nonsensical snowflake term says more about you than anything else.

This still has not arrived in the destination account. Is there somewhere I can ring with the Interpay reference to see what is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We can certainly check this with the branch. Can you please send us a Private Message with your full name, contact number and account holding branch? We would be happy to request for a call to be made to you so this can be looked into further.

Can you also please let us know what branch you visited to make the transfer?

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rachelcs

Dun Laoghaire Branch BOI - trying to get money transferred since June 14. Complaint made. Thinking might picket them. No manager available any day - been there 4 times. No call from manager even though major complaint letter handed in. DISGRACE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi rachelcs,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Please send us a private message with the name that appears on your account, your account holding branch and your contact number.

We can then ask our colleagues to follow up on this with you as a priority.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement