Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politicians who never made it to the big time despite high profile starts

Options
1235»

Comments

He was also back by the majority of the country. Whereas Casey was a protest vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,245 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

What makes you infer that I or anyone voted for Peter Casey on the basis of his traveller comment??

I voted for him as representing a change, a breath of fresh air. And not to vote for someone who misled us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You mean in the election where the three main historic parties all backed the one candidate ???

And where the candidate from the next biggest party (or the biggest in terms of the last GE result) and their campaign was a walking disaster.

FFS lauding that as a great triumph is like lauding the Kiwis when they hammer Namibia in the RWC or when Man City beat some team in the Vauxhall Conference in the FA cup. 🙄

BTW there are a lot of people sleeping their way into trouble around here.

There is almost the same arrogance as exhibited in the US and UK where protest voters were laughed at, lambasted, and we all know where that ended up.

In the last election the protest vote went to SF, which if anyone cared to look at their history or even worse their actual policies and beliefs, will mean ruination for this country if or more likely when they get to power.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That's great, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Casey, and everyone else, got walloped.

Six candidates and one of them walked into the Aras on a first-count majority. Only De Valera had a higher FPV share than Higgins, and that was in a two-horse race.

It was a complete trouncing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Royston Brady, holy jasus. Forgot about him. I thought he’d be lined up for Taoiseach for sure. It’s unbelievable how far FF have fallen since I was in college. Seemed like Bertie would be Taoiseach forever back then

Lucinda creighton was another. I thought she’d have been quite a good Taoiseach. Wasn’t a woke virtue signalling numpty which would be quite refreshing after the Martin and Varadkar idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We're all supposed to be adults here ffs, but whatever floats your boat.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement