Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

First pack I open at 6pm. Time to go on the lash

I did the Hero SBC since it was so cheap.

I just kept saying Ginola as I clicked ok and thank God he was the first one of the three.

I've had Di Natale before and none of them really fit my team but I could maybe do something with Ginola as I have a few French players already.

I got that Saudi fella from the first one(and that cost a fair bit) so deserved better luck this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I guess you’re not up for the co-op challenge then for a CR7 TOTY loan card?? Lol - congrats - what pack was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Opened up all the fodder packs I saved up - got a Goretzka from the 85x10 and have used the rest of the fodder to finish 3 of the squads for Varane. Have about 40 more packs waiting to go later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

A Luke Shaw TOTY honourable mention card, honestly, what am i missing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Done the mid or prime icon SBC, from the other 2 ones I have done this year I got baby Seedorf and mid Petit. Who pops out? Mid Petit, FML. What are the chances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

David and Bonnuci best I’ve packed so far. My 85+ pack has 3 85’s train off which were goalies 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing working, CMs on go forward wont move, Kane on get in behind dropping back into false 9 again, Wingers get inside, stay wide, but my opponents just keep winning, at least theirs is working, it baffles me how tactics work perfect for a few days then everything mucks up again for another few days

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got nothing really. No blue cards. A few crap IFs.

Packed David again!! First one is tradeable at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

packed Rudiger from a. Flash SBC. Put himself traight into Varane since he won’t get any time for me ahead of Varane or Vidic.

there’s exactly one If going for more than 50k from this weeks red picks right now :/

Varane is a beast!!!

Packed HM Benzema, no use to me but will go straight into Kaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Insigne, Bonucci and Walker. Hardly worth 200k between them.

Had enough fodder to do Varane though so happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lads I am actually disgusted out of 200 or so mid and prime icons I get the single one I already have. 😭😭😭

8 packs in and I’ve packed 4 back to back walkouts (incl IF Verratti) and then I get a prime Bergkamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone used TOTY Jorginho yet and if so, what are your thoughts?

I'm looking to upgrade my box-to-box midfield from RTTK Vidal and Jorginho is within budget and none of the icon CM's at that price range really seem worth it.

The medium/medium workrates on Jorginho look concerning to me and if I'm spending 1m on a CM I don't want a situation where he's kind of invisible which I often find happens with those workrates in CM.

Running a 4231, and have tried him at CDM and CAM.

hes…fine. He has games where he’s amazing, but the vast majority of games, I just felt he was anonymous. Not nessecarily bad. Not leaving gaps. Just, felt like a cheaper player would have done spree same job as him.

Cheers.

Yeah, it's the same sort of role I'd be playing him in. If he had the high/high workrates it would be a no-brainer, but then again he'd be an extra 500k if he did!

I'll keep an eye on his price as he may drop another bit with everyone opening so many packs.

He'd be ideal to fit into my Serie A based squad with his Italian links but if I'm spending that much I want a game changer to be honest.

3x Kane, TOTY Donnarumma, Hero Cole + Milito, prime Bergkamp, nominee Bruno, Goretzka + David and an absolute heap of high rated fodder. Not bad… now to rinse everything into upgrade packs.

• Advertisement

So apparently that's a straight red... Tackle into the side running those angles. Thankfully the fella was useless and I went 6-0 up before HT and he left.

Etebo 336 games 1 yellow and 1 red.

I'd say I have more reds than yellows(still only maybe 10 max) and they've all been tackles before the last man like the above.

The officiating logic is even worse this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Well they say don’t get your hopes up and boy were they right

Had 80 Packs Saved and it went downhill fast, My Best players we’re honourable mentions Chiesa and Jonathan David X 2. Got them both from the same attackers pack

Was running into trouble with duplicates so I have 15 Untradable Rare Players packs left but I’m not expecting anything from them

Lots Of fodder which was yeeted into Varane and Kane, only got the 88 rated squad left for both

Time to grind the upgrades I suppose

Going to hold off on doing Varane until we see what the requirements for Maldini are.

He's supposedly coming on Monday.

I could fit Varane in but would need to change keeper to WW Maignan to have a half decent keeper on full chem, whereas Maldini slots in very nicely with his icon links.

7-5 in WL so far. I am really struggling with defending, I don’t know how to make my players mark better or be more proactive in closing down. They seem to stand like statues or make stupid positioning mistakes. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

what defensive tactics do you all use?

I’m actually quite impressed by Shaw. His stats look awful but he got a goal and assist in his first game and is solid at the back in all games since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Opened an Ultimate pack on Thursday when the full TOTY was in packs - best was 88 Kroos.

Opened a Jumbo Rare Players pack today and got Benzema TOTY HM. Anyone used him?

Also finished the Shaw objective, which was pretty straightforward apart from the last 5 games when I needed a Premier League scorer as I kept losing connection and it didn’t register my goals

I have that Benzema, he's a sub for me at the moment. He's ok, I wouldn't be raving about him. Won't have the same impact on your team as his FB card would have at the time.

I'll be firing him into an SBC at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Some of the Honourable Mentions got fantastic boosts whilst others like Benzena and Bonucci got quite mediocre boosts, I wonder why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Such a weird pick but I honestly thing RTTK Kostic is my favourite card this year. He's 3* Skills 2* Weak Foot which is obviously really bad but he forces you to just play in a very specific way that I'm having a lot of fun with 😂

Just thinking about it as he single-handedly won me my last game:

Also in love with the pass from Trent in the third clip

• Advertisement

Ultimate Pack and a rare players pack from rewards, and not a single special card :(

Lukaku and Kroos for good fodder though. I'd say I'll get Varane finished off tonight.

Advertisement