Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Longest month of my life waiting for the overhaul. 18 left here, down to 4th now but still hope I am in a good position. I hope I have more than anyone in the top 10 anyway. Hoping that we all don't have template teams for the next while after overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I had a quick look at it there. I’d say these players could form part of a template, based on fixtures and recent form

Pope-most Feb fixtures (5) plus the single captaincy day

Cancelo, Laporte

TAA, VVD

Gallagher

Bowen

Salah

Fairly certain all those players will be in most teams. I think a lot of will depend whether you go with a 5th expensive defender or go with an expensive striker up top along with Salah. I plan on having a flexible team where I can change formation if I see a good 3 for 1 or 4 for 2.

I plan on having Pope at the start after overhaul but can see me being flexible with him depending on his fixtures. I don't see him as a set and leave goalie. Burnley were very lucky not to be hammered by Arsenal yesterday. Their defence is not as good as it has been in previous years. Apart from Cornet maybe I don't see who else I would bring in off them. Hopefully they sign someone in the window.

Yeah on Pope, I’d be planning on just keeping him for Feb and then moving to Mendy in March. Mendy has a good run of fixtures and Chelsea should be close to full strength at that point.

Updated fixtures for the end of February and March. Only one game rearranged. Wasn't planning on having United coverage really for the first few weeks, guess I will have to change that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not necessarily. Man U Vs Brighton could be a miss - you could easily see it being a 1-1. Alternatively, Webster or Cucurella could be a cheaper option that covers that fixture.

Trying to work out why there can't be fixtures on the Wednesday that week. It's not as if they don't have enough options to bang in a couple of matches that day!

Current draft

Pope

TAA VVD Cancelo Laporte Webster

Gallagher Bowen Raphinha

Salah Son

Some future plans:

-Pope to Mendy in March

-Webster to Broja for the single match day 25th Feb

I originally had Kilman in instead of Webster but the rescheduled Brighton United fixture has me looking at Webster instead

Yeah that's a very nice draft I can see a lot of teams being like that. All bases covered except the Southampton Norwich game. Gallagher is a very popular pick for obvious reasons, though he isn't necessary to cover any captain days for now at least. João Moutinho for the same price interests me - is showing good form and covers 2 possible captaincies (though one of them is Vs Leeds so Raphinha can probably cover that one)

I was thinking of going 5 at the back too and having 3 midfielders who would chip away. I had Broja in a draft but I don't really want to hold him till the Norwich match. If I thought Son was fit he would be in there, I don't really want to have Kane. I also want to have money in the bank in case I want to upgrade Pope after the 2 matches they play immediately after overhaul. I can see me being flexible with my goalkeepers and using some of my transfers on them. Definitely looking at Sa again. He was one of the reasons why I made a good start.

• Advertisement

This top tier 5 at the back has me tempted:

VVD Robbo TAA Laporte Cancelo

Re. Broja - assuming Southampton manage to keep him - he's arguably a season keep @ 6.6m some good fixtures after the Norwich game

I think he is probably a better transfer in for that match and hold for the better fixtures after it than have him in now. I think I am scarred for having Dennis for a while waiting for that disaster last week!

What would you do when Liverpool play the Cup Final? You'd have 4 players not playing that weekend. Do you think most people would just accept it or try to take advantage of it?

Depends on your strategy I suppose, plus how many transfers you have to burn. It's much more about how many points total you're going to get in the long term anyway with Sky, as well as covering (most) captain days obviously..

I guess it won't matter if they reschedule the Arsenal match around the time of the Cup Final anyway. I don't want to be making too many transfers even though I have 18 left. I have to say I do like Webster there as the 5th defender rather than Dias or Robertson though. Seems to be guaranteed the passing bonus just like Dunk and the odd clean sheet. Just a pity they aren't playing the week after overhaul.

The guy in 8th and 10th must have a few transfers cos the top 10 average up from 14 to 14.6. They moved into the top 10 this week. Actually the top 100 average up slightly too.

Yeah it's getting tougher to get a top 100 finish now (let alone win it). You can see just from Twitter engagement that there's a lot more people playing it this season than last.

I don't think I will win it and I have 18 transfers left and am 4th. I think the top 100 will look very different at the end of March than it is does now.

Is anyone considering KDB as a option?

• Advertisement

Who knows. You're in a great position. Do everything you can to try and win it. You probably have a few transfers on most around you. KDB i'm not sure of. In your position you'd hardly be captaining him ahead of Cancelo, and he's very pricey. For someone who's chasing and wants a real differential, maybe, but TBH if i was looking at any City mid it would probably be Rodri - the dude just ticks along constantly with passes, tackles, and even the odd attacking return. If you want you can PM me your overhaul team and i can offer critique - at 937th position i don't think you have anything to worry about from me 😋

Ì will take you up on that thanks! I am undecided over a few things, probably need to stop looking at twitter and do my own thing.

Just watched the 3 for 1 podcast, looks like we are all going to be doing the same kind of team again 😃

So where are we all at position-wise and transfers remaining with our teams? I'm at 938th(19) and 1363rd(17). Top 100 will be a tough ask from here but i'll keep plugging away.

I’d say top 100 is definitely within reach for your first team.

im at 87/88th with 22 transfers left. Aiming as high as I can get but I’d be pretty content with a top 10 finish if I could manage it

Did you watch the 3 in 1 podcast? What do you think of people not starting with Salah on overhaul?

Yeah I was watching it live and having a discussion with a guy in the chat on it who was pro going without Salah (think he had 24 transfers left).

id prefer to save that transfer for an extra Chelsea player in March instead of using it to get Salah in

I just don't see the benefit of it. If you don't start with Salah and he plays against Leicester, you either hope he blanks or your alternative captain that day outscores him. Plus the player you'd have in instead of Salah would have to deliver. If you had Kane in instead of Salah, you wouldn't captain him instead of Cancelo for example on the Wednesday. I hope people waste a transfer on it. I think transfers will be very precious going forward.

Arsenal vs Wolves on a Thursday night lovely 😊

• Advertisement

What are you thinking there player wise for that night? My initial thoughts (for my own team) are Pope to Sa.

id say people will also be looking at Kilman and Ramsdale.

There could be a case of starting with both Kilman and Webster at the back from the off

Advertisement