Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well the Welsh ones certainly are because they have no money.

Maybe if they had some supporters they'd have some income to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

No but they were patiently coached and developed, Leinster hardly went down and bought the Southern hemispheres best players.

WRU earn more than the IRFU maybe they should look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How do you think Leinster retain those players?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Sorry, he fails to realise what?

He literally says, in the same interview:

“They have a very strong schools game over there and they are linked in to their academy system,” says Turnbull, who has been trying to deal with Leinster back row marauders since the days of British and Irish Lions stars Jamie Heaslip and Sean O‘Brien.

“If you have quality competitions at a younger age group level, it will breed competition among the players and you are only going to make them better. Ultimately, at junior level, that is what you are striving for. Later on, you will then have an abundance of talented players coming through.”

The petty nastiness against Wales on this board is embarrassing, spiteful, and pathetic.

Strong fan base, Players identifying with their province, IRFU support, prudent finances, qualifying for Europe etc

Welsh players are more quickly inclined to run across the river Severn due to history and being paid more in the same currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jesus that's quite the overreaction. I think most are just sick of the constant whining and zero solutions brought forward by the Welsh. Its always somebody else's fault as to why they're brutal

Well there's an interview with Turnbull and the guy literally points out everything that Leinster are doing right, he couldn't be more complimentary of our system, and it's still painted as Welsh moaning by a lad who either didn't bother reading the whole thing or just wanted to have a go at the Welsh. Probably both.

Our criticism of the Welsh is well justified, ever since Gatland they've been always launching jibes and digs at the Irish through their gutter press and they put forward no solutions regarding the league.

They didn't vote for us to host the world Cup instead voted to send their players and fans to South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Personally I think the pettiness and nastiness towards Welsh rugby is spot on. We might even be a little soft on them. From top to bottom, they're a delusional bunch.

Bahahaha

That is literally the definition of spiteful.

As for the league, surely the WRU have been just as involved as everyone else in the restructuring?!

• Advertisement

I did read the whole article ya townie! Yes he compliments but then has to get the low dig in at the end regarding finances. All Welsh regional problems are internal and not the fault of the Irish nor do we have an obligation to fix them.

Your part of the problem of being too much of a nice guy, about time the Irish developed a more nasty ruthless streak.

Wow.

I guess my point is that when you completely and utterly miss the point of something and twist it to meet your pre existing prejudice, as in this instance, how will you ever change your opinion?

Anyway, I seem to be in a minority in thinking an entire country of people might not all be bad so maybe it is me.

Nobody said the entire country of Wales, but the blazers, some players and their allies in Welsh media like Wales online are always throwing **** our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

"An entire country of people", and you want to talk about pathetic?

Again, you read a bit of an article in which a Welsh player was gushing in his praise of Leinster, and you decided he's "throwing sh1t"

The problem there is 100% you.

You also missed the part of the dig at the end regarding finances, maybe he should talk to the WRU about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭PMC83

I'd agree tbh, some of it is a little over the top. Sure theres lots critisise regarding the WRU and their handling of the regions and so on, but a lot their issues simply stem from the countries economic situation. Sam Warburton gently tip toed around it in an interview a while back, but the reality is that Wales as a county isn't particularly flush with cash. Their teams can't afford the squad sizes we can, home grown or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Welch underage systems must be struggling? The regions are awful, but it doesn't translate to the national team. Wales do have a big pool of qualified players through parentage and they do take advantage of it. Perhaps, they need to privatize the union. An injection of cash from investors could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Anyway, I seem to be in a minority in thinking an entire country of people might not all be bad so maybe it is me.

hyperbole

noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

• Advertisement

The WRU fucked us for our world cup bid! A pox on them and their offspring! Off with their goolies!

goodies!, the Scots did too, skirt wearing ladyboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Turnbull seems more complimentary of Ireland's set up than anything else. But I don't think it can be disputed that there's a lot of jealousy and begrudgery in certain areas of Welsh rugby towards Leinster and the other provinces. Just look at the comments made by Dragons chairman last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

Welsh rugby twitter is bleeding into welsh rugby, which is awful to see because welsh rugby twitter is a cesspit of negativity and bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Holy mother of God, if only we were all as good as you.

A true hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The pictures of the players for the lineups are gas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,047 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Annoying near clash of colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Poor from McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Looked like off a boot on the replay but yeah should be controlling the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The year is 2022 and we're here watching two teams play in blue jerseys on TV

Advertisement