Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bad missed tackle from Tom Farrell there and Glasgow score under the posts.

And now Farrell goes off injured I presume. Walked off. Bolton replaces him.

Games after game of unforced errors and soft scores conceded.

Lineout is a mess so far.

Can’t win games when you can’t win any of your own lineouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think that's 4 lineouts that Connacht have lost on their own throw now.

• Advertisement

Getting killed at the breakdown as well as a non functioning lineout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭OldRio

I'm amazed Connacht are only 5 points down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yeah, Glasgow are well on top here. Odd to see Connacht on the ropes so early in the game.

I know Connacht are missing a fair few important players but this is very poor fare so far. With a good breeze behind them as well.

Should be delighted to only be 7 down at the break. Need to sort themselves out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Heffernan is not having a good day. Maybe Delahunt and Dowling can settle the line out in the second half. Still not seeing the value of Fifita, either.

Very disturbing is the number of missed tackles and a midfield which is being violated at will. None of our backs are putting in proper hits, it's not on. And when we do have the ball, and this has been a regular if reduced feature this season, the carrier is getting isolated and ball presentation is often poor.

On the positive side, the scrum looks solid, and McGrath is doing ok. And that was an important kick from Forde on half-time, great for his confidence and allows us to go in just seven down, which we don't deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Is D’Arcy drunk?

he can’t string a sentence together

• Registered Users Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Him and the commentator need to learn to shut up when the ref is talking

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

Very fortunate - head on head - that should have been at least a penalty to Glasgow.

Tbh I don't understand how that isnt a yellow for the Connacht. Both he and the Glasgow player were upright and he ended up smashing him in the head. I thought the whole point of the framework was to reduce those sort of hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

Definitely not a red but that was not consistent reffing.

Forde had to get more distance on that clearing kick.

Our back 3 defence has been appealing lately and TOH has been a big part of it. Out of position and then bad kicking.

Two trys for Glasgow in two minutes. Both of them came self inflicted Connacht errors. A poor clearing kick from Forde for the first. Then another awful clearing kick from TOH, which didn't find touch, for the second.

Absolutely painful.

Leinster are going to destroy us over two legs.

The IRFU really need to start to do more for Connacht. The province with a population above a lot of decent international sides shouldn't be stock pilled with Ireland players while the one with 500k loses good players hand over fist.

It's not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Unfortunately on the previous try TOH also did a very poor impression of a tackle.

He’s been diabolical in defence lately. And his kicking has been equally poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭OldRio

Muck, utter muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,463 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looked like a forward pass but ref missed about 3 forward passes by Glasgow this half including one that led to a try that was clearly forward..inconsistent and unconvincing.

Glasgow seem to be finding so much space to kick into. Every kick is causing havoc. Just turning Connacht around. Simple but very effective today anyway. Where are the Connacht back three?

Worst home defeat in a good while that.

Outmuscled and out thought. Glasgow just lived of Connacht’s many errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

So what do Leinster do?

Hand over players and play who exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Jesus that was awful. Its a long time since I can remember a good performance by O Halloran

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

That hurt. I think what hurt more was the ridicule from the commentators. That said Darcy is such utter tw$t who would ever take his opinion seriously.

Advertisement