Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Trying to get three stars in some of the speed traps can be a right pain in the bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not sure I'll even bother with them... Or I'm just using the wrong car, but even with that free S2 Porsche, I can't do most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I find speed traps to be easy enough! Speed zones is where I can struggle.

And don't get me started on drifting! 😆

The Nissan 370Z Formula Drift is the ideal car for drifting. Give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I used the Koenigsegg Agera for speed traps and zones normal roads and used the hoonigan rs200 for speed traps and zone on dirt roads. Made very easy work of them! Likewise with the FD Viper for dirft zones

• Advertisement

Oh Zones, yeah, they're what I meant. Traps I'm not too bothered by, just need to unlock a few more S2 cars. And a +1 for the 370z, third gear is all you need!

Ah brill, thanks for the suggestions lads!

Had a car back the first week the game came out that I was killing drifting with and forgot what it was! The Viper and the 370Z should do the trick! 😃

Change your garage view to Recently Added and go to the end, you might find it that way. But no matter what fiddling I did, nothing compares to the specific drift cars, much to my dismay in wanting my highly modified 190E to drift like the 370z...

It could have been the FD #117 that's the one that shows up near the start! 599 GTB Fiorano 2007.

Yeah, I'm useless at tuning! I usually go to the Reddit post in r/forza for the season and see who's got good feedback on tunes and use them!

Yeah, the tuning side has no interest for me, because no matter what I do, someone with knowledge will do better and I won't have a hope of winning. I usually auto-upgrade now, and only to beat the AI in the story races.

Saying that, I "finished" it last night, Hall of Fame or whatever. I've all the street races done, most the road, some dirt and some offroad, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. It doesn't have anything else to offer me. I can't give out, I've surely 40 odd hours or so put up, but while it is a stunning looking game, that is fun to play, there's not much to it. It gives you everything you need too readily, so there's no progression, no sense of moving forward. I miss the old NFS games for that, starting off rags to riches kinda thing.

And I will say, it majorily annoys me there's a separate box/section for bodykits, but it's rarely applicable. The ads would make you think there's a lot of visual bodywork customisation. There isn't. There's a set amount and not on ones you'd expect (not a single wide kit for any of the Evos?!. I believe Google has told me there are 52 cars that can have full wide bodykits. 52 of 550+...

• Advertisement

What a beautiful and serene game 😆

^ That's one thing I love about the game - the colourful buildings.

If any of ye are doing the trial this week I recommend using the 911 GT3 RS FE. Makes very easy work of it!

Here's my tune code 182 022 420 for the 2019 911 Carrera S if anyone wants to use it for the "earn your stripes" championship

Does anyone know what the treasure hunt involves? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Get 5 Stars from Danger Signs. Then the chest appears near Uxmal in the courtyard of a small temple.

Earn 5 stars from danger signs in the 2020 Land Rover Discovery, you might want upgrade it as its pretty slow

Is this week's weekly challenge not tracking for anyone else?

I've been in a load of different cars from all the countries mentioned and it just doesn't acknowledge it at all! :(

Working fine for me but this game seems to get worse as the updates goes on

I ended up deleting my local save data off the xbox and starting the game again.

This pulled the save data from xbox network and it seemed to work then after I went and got a barn gift!

Went through about 50 different cars trying to get it to work before I did the above 😆

Post edited by marcbrophy on

• Advertisement

They added a new version of the 2018 Ford GT to the game but you can only get it if you buy $20 of nail polish from a brand called OPI

20 bucks worth of nail polish for a 2018 Ford GT. Nein danke.

hmmmmmmmm! 🤔 But my nails could look so pretty! 😆

This guy got the nail polish, applied for the code, then returned the polish 😆

If it was an xbox product like getting the Ford de luxe coupe fe with fh5 controller i'd say fair enough but before we know it they'll probably introduce something like loot boxes

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

So will any of you be getting the Hot Wheels expansion that will be released on the 19th of July?

I won't be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nah I liked the Lego one last time but this doesn't look like my thing at all. I think I had the Hot Wheels expansion for 3 (got it for free) and wasn't into it.

I got the premium add-ons pack, so it's included and I'll definitely play it alright!

Still playing the base game most nights sure 😁

But I haven't got all achievements yet haha!

• Advertisement

Thought they would go for a new expansion instead of using an expansion from FH3 and the hot wheels cars from FH4, I think one of the main reasons hot wheels is back is because of eventlab. This game is just a reskin of FH4, I'm looking forward to the new motorsport more so than what's coming in FH5

Advertisement