Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of Pandemic Late Late

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm gonna live dangerously here. Haven't read any of the thread and for once TLLS isn't on in the pub of a Friday night.

Lemme guess.

Misery spot?

Former Irish sports star.

A Z-list Irish music artist, like someone from boyzone.

Someone Irish who did well in the UK.

Someone from the RTË canteen.

Hoping for at least 4 out of 5.

Good for her

Good for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I like her

Good cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Well done to her...she should lift her head high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭sully123

Sound sort. Gonna give her a follow on insta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why has nearly half an hour being cut off the show's normal run time now every week? Will it be ever explained?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Was watching ozark. Turn off Netflix and rte is on automatically.

What do I hear?

A girl saying "that wasn't rock bottom, things could always be worse".

This is absolutly shameful. Its an affront to human decency to treat a PAYING audience like this. EVERYONE involved should be ASHAMED of themselves.

• Advertisement

Whoy not hold it to 11.30? Ffs

Wtf....it's over!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

Lovely interview. Sincere and honest. Even Ryan seemed humbled.

"Be kind to others"

Well said Mary

God damn it...anyone know how to delete a double post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I wonder will the crew and Ryan still get a full week's wage for this shorter than usual shambles?

• Advertisement

What is wrong with Vanilla tonight? Anyone finding posts being saved as drafts after posting etc… driving me mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Anyone pissed off of all the sanitary towel ads ? They appear to be "Always" on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till next week, folks!

Stay safe

Nos da :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭maebee

I absolutely hate the misery slot on the LLS but I thought that Mary's story was inspirational. Never thought I'd say it but the Late Late (even though it's not late anymore) was enjoyable tonight. Loved the build up to the 6N and the lovely girl harpist from Wexford. She was a tonic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,032 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

If on mobile, click boards logo on top of page, bring you home and out of thread, scroll all the way down, see drafts, click drafts and press the X, this deletes draft and you start again. 😉 It's the only way I believe.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

She told her story very nicely without a sense of misery about it. She was leading, Ryan was following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭hawley

RTE viewers are outraged after the latest segment on The Late Late Show that focused on nurses.

The host Ryan Tubridy spoke to five young nurses who had travelled into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I noticed the late late show has been ending half an hour early each week. I thought one week it was because one of the guests couldn't make it but it's every week. It's only on for an hour and half these days. They didn't have enough guests to fill the hour and a half even anyway. Yes that one wasn't a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

#can'tseeitcan'tbeit

Where were the male nurses????

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jackoflynn

Would you ever think of giving up that constant embarrassing shite you go on with?

Its pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

/waves.

Still here! Bit busy of late, with getting people back into the office and such. I did hop on for the last show or two on a Thursday (once RTE did their "big reveal" for the week), to find that someone had taken one for the team and done the heavy lifting for me.

I'll be happy to pick things up again next week, once more, unless someone else does the honours ahead of me, which they're more than welcome to. 😊

Slim pickings tonight as ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn’t watch the show (obviously) but read the thread. It seems RTÉ were trying to out-RTÉ themselves yesterday for some reason - on top of having one of the most randomly bizarre and worst ever episodes of Lahv Lahn, they weren’t content with that and decided to go for broke by also hosting one of the worst LLSs too.

The only good thing that happened yesterday in RTÉ was that Tubs and the Duffmeister got richer for less effort than usual……I’m speaking from Dee 4bes perspective here.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

These uppity women and their opinions. Down with this sort of thing.

• Advertisement

And your opinion on the 5 (FEMALE) Student nurses, herded up on to the stage like sheep and asked utterly bizzare questions and treated like moronic Fools would be 🤔🤔🤔

Ironic , it seems only a short time ago ALL student nurses treated disgracefully, I'd like Tubs to have delved into that story but of course to hot to handle, instead he went to default Clown and buffoonary Mode 🙄

I'm not sure what the point of your question is?

Your very quick (actually) slow to critise the point about female Rugby pundit , not so quick it would seem to comment on the bizzare Segment involving the 5 FEMALE nurses, was just curious as to your thoughts on their treatment or did you enjoy the offensive spectacle 🤔

Like others who read the thread, I rarely watch the show, as, as you pointed out, the host is a clown and a buffoon. If he did treat the 5 FEMALE nurses in a demeaning fashion, and I have no reason to doubt your assertion that he did, then once again I say " Down with this sort of thing".

Touché and point Taken, I actually rarely watch it myself to be honest and enjoy the thread, decided to tune in briefly last night and my god it's Dreadful, would actually make Joe Duffy blush.

Others may have varied opinions on the Nurse segment , my own was it was crass and undignified, rather insulting. But IMO of course 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

For most of 2020 and 2021 Tubs trumpeted how when he could have a full audience back it would be solely frontline workers. When the opportunity finally arises, he invites (from what I read here) a paltry five nurses on, then proceeds to basically embarrass and demean them into partaking into some sort of Rose Of Tralee meets Lovely Girls Quiz for a night away in Carlow. Who is making these decisions?

Dee 4bes, the absolute neck of you asking for more money this week and producing this muck and yesterday’s WTF episode of Liveline as “content”.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

That's a pretty good assessment of what happened IMO , but just to add , 5 FEMALE nurse's , it would seem the Late Late is either unaware there are actually Male nurses or perhaps they just couldn't find any (I'm being generous) 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sone of the comments here are misogynistic and quite frankly, a bit creepy.

From the comments on the woman rugby pundit, to saying Tubs should ask the student nurses which of them are the “easiest” and they will come back “up the duff” and then we have the comments on the 14 year old child harpist ( a beautiful looking thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I even spotted the host and a few of the guests sipping wine in full view just like adults

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That last guest the Kdare GAA player was very good. Though I had to laugh when she said the night before the All Ireland final she cut back on her usual drinking and only had the seven cans of beer that night becasue she was playing in the final the next day. She went on to win the player of the match award which kind of begs the question as to how badly did the other 29 players play that someone with a hangover performed better than them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What is with highlight female. They more then likely looked for 5 nurses who were friends (doubt they had to be from down the country) and they got this 5. Given the vast majority of nurse are female (should I capitalise this for you) it is no surprise they are female

As for there competition it was stupid but they know exactly what was happening as they were straight down in there exact position with no prompting ig was all rehearsed up to yhat they know one had her driving test

Edit specifically on capitalising a word like that to me is w&%^#$ism and demeaning

The entire segment was a stupid embarrassingspectacle, but the fact I need to explain my curiosity re only picking 5 FEMALE nurses speaks volumes. Utterly absurd to use the lame excuse the Majority of nurses are Female, perhaps if that's a justification, maybe One Male nurse could have been found .

Your fully aware (or perhaps not) of the recent hysteria about the human male species after a recent tragic event eagerly stoked by most RTE programs to include the Late Late. I'm sure the Late Late decision not to include a Male nurse wasn't deliberate, perhaps just typically ill judged.

Except I never asked why you wondered it was all females I also don't think it was badly with all that happened either. It just happened it was 5 females they got. My whole point was your point of capitalising the word. Was the segment stupid of course it was but again that is not something new when they do meaningless games where everyone will win

In relation to the segments on RTE on us male never gave a crap as I know 99.99% of people do not think like that

Apologies if the Capitalising of the word Female caused you concern or troubled you, I was simply highlighting the fact only Female nurses choosen , not of course the addition of one or more males would have made the appalling segment any the more palatable.

Bizzare condition that "Allergic reaction to Capitalisation " had not heard of that before but now understand how you've completely missed my point 🙄

I'm male incidently and was bothered by the recent hysteria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I wonder if Ryan woke up this morning and thought, ‘Dear God, did I lead the audience in a rendition of ‘Ireland’s Call’ last night?’

Probably not.

Full-Body Cringe For Everyone In The Audience

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2022/01/28/cringe-for-everyone-in-the-audience/

• Advertisement

A come off it I never missed your point and I have no aversion to capitalisation but highlighting male or female completely especially with what has been going on with threads here recently is questionable. I have no idea why anyone need to capitalise someone's sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'd put the mortgage on that O'Halloran fella, who was released from China, being on the LLS next Friday night.

Nailed on.

I'm not at all referring to hysteria on Boards, I'm referring to RTE, VM (especially) , Main Newspapers actually .

Accompanied by Simon Coveney (Desperate for a good news story) don't think a certain person who can't be named and curiously also thanked by O Halloran, will be invited on, EVER 😏

• Advertisement
Advertisement