Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

U4 is definitely better if you have played the previous 3 and know the characters etc, I'd just be concerned that someone starting with 1 (which I think everyone agrees hasn't aged well) might give up and not play any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,803 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have Virginia in my backlog for about 2 years, i definitely need to play it some day!

To contribute slightly to the thread, currently playing Dying Light while i like forward to the sequel next week. 7 years later and still an incredible experience. Dying Light with The Following dlc is currently on sale on psn for 12 euro of anyone fancies parkour zombie slaying fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You are really really fond of that game 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You're completing and platinum-ing games at an astonishing rate. You review games for a living? :)

I'd squeeze in a couple of hours every other day if I'm lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I started playing Spiderman a few days ago. It's damn good fun and should keep me going until Horizon Forbidden West is released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,582 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had a few matches of UFC4 last night. It's pretty awful. Some of the gameplay is okay, but the camera is janky as f*ck considering how much you have to move as your character causing the camera to move with you and your opponent pretty much every step. All the grappling/submission stuff is awful to control to the point where my last few matches I just went for the striking-only matches.

Might have the odd quick fight in it here and there, but can't see myself playing too much more of it.

Finally completed Wolfenstein The New Order there last night... about time since I picked it up in 2017!

The incentive to finally complete it came after I purchased The New Colossus on Switch over Xmas, so had to obviously get through the first story.

Loved the weapons and lean-mechanic, though some of the AI left a lot to be desired.

I'm sure it was cutting edge back in 2014 ;)

Heading over to Switch-land for next month or so... got Luigi's Mansion 3 and Wolfestein New Colossus up next

• Registered Users Posts: 7 neveragain1985

Just got a ps5 through Done Deal a few weeks back. Currently playing Star wars Jedi fallen Order. It can be a bit repetitive and feels more like Tomb Raider and Uncharted. Getting that feeling of "cannot wait to finish it" to be honest lol its very long! After that, Death Stranding. It looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Anyone playing Horizon Forbidden West yet? I'm not kidding myself, I'm 100% going to pick it up once I've finished a few things I'm playing at the moment, but I'm interested in people's first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Ah cheers. Saw all the reviews (and an ad on a bus stop) and presumed it was out in the open already.

Good incentive for me finally to play the original from my backlog (I played it about 3-4 hours but got sidetracked by something else arriving) :)

There are some here on Boards who have gotten review copies and have been playing (they've given some of their opinions on the main Games forum). Lucky b*stards. Looking forward to belting in over the weekend when it's available for the rest of us plebs.

Trying to platinum Sifu before the rest of the February games come out. It's a fantastic game, though some of the design choices can make it a frustrating experience in places. Some of those seem to be on the list for changing in the next update or two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I haven't played or know anything about the sequel, but considering the nature of the story (and particularly the backstory) delivered in the first game, I can't imagine the sequel will make any sense if you don't play the original one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think I sunk about 140 hours into zero dawn to get a full grasp of the lore, so I'd get cracking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Sidford

Started TLOU2 again but now with the PS5 update. Definitely worth it if anyone hasn't tried it yet on PS5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I have been holding off on another playthrough in anticipation of the TLOU remake and a native PS5 TLOU2, but with the HBO show not arriving until next year I reckon I could be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Sidford

Didn't realise they were doing a full PS5 release of it but it's the only game (except Mario's on SNES and NES minis) that I've ever played for a 2nd time so if they release a full PS5 one il get that one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Vanquish on PS3 last night. So far I'm not very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Playing Far Cry 6. The controls are terrible i can't focus on anything. My aim is way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Finished Mafia on PS4, very good game, enjoyed it alot.

Moved onto Mafia 2 and not enjoying it as much, seems clunkier in terms of aiming, about halfway through so i'll finish it up this weekend most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone playing Elden Ring yet? Is it good?

Also interested in whether Cyberpunk is worth playing now after the big update?

Advertisement