Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I bought a second hand car and it took about 3 weeks to get to me. I'd say with it being early in the year they are running behind schedule. Last year most were working from home so that was my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

We got the log book in 3 working days, before it was even taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

We received log book 2 days after receiving disc, and disc posted 2 days after applying online

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Same with me. Tax disc took 12 days.

Tip: print off the receipt for your tax payment and keep it in the car. Ditto the schedule change from your insurer as both documents seem to take far longer at present due to Covid and the usual January buying rush. Saves having to take them into a Garda station if you have to produce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Should also say I got tax disc within 2 days of paying on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Thanks all!

I'll double check all the paperwork we recently got and just see if I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Anyone has much issue getting a quote online for the car? Car reg isn't working yet so had to manually enter in the details.

Most website either throws an error or ask to contact insurance by phone. Which I did with AXA. Waited 10 minutes then the phone rang and nothing.

Only online quote that gave me a price was 123.ie but it seems they only have UK Ioniq 5 model available to select.

Basically what you said. We either had to ring or just wait until they showed online.

We just ended up swapping current insurance over and extending it a few days until it was showing everywhere else.

My partner is taking the car for its first long-ish trip this weekend so I did a bit of a mini-motor way test to check efficiency. I drove 50km one way and then 50km back. I stopped as close to motorway ramp as possible to track the journey as best as possible.

It was raining pretty much whole time, bit of wind and it was around 11 degrees outside.

On way out I set cruise to 120km/h and the efficiency was around 28.9kwh/100km

On the way back I went 110km/h and the efficiency was 22.8kwh/100km

One thing for sure - 110km felt real slow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Yep I made that point earlier in the thread at 75cent per KWh would have expected faster. No such thing as an ESB super charger they seem slower that the 50kw charger.

How long did it take for your reg to show up for you?

It's a pain to get through the phone. I rang Axa again and this time I got through to be told that someone will call me back.

I was using Liberty's live chat earlier and the car model is buried in the 1cc option. But in the end its still threw an error.

I'm guessing the system is having problems generating a quote due to the car being too new?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I should have my ioniq 5 sometime next week or early next week it down in Cork at the moment.

I have get my car insurance sorted to hopefully doesn't go up my much.The people that have already insured there ioniq 5 did yours car insurance go up by much.

About 140 (I won't be going with them again when I renew). Some people on this thread said there wasnt much change in their premium.

I got vehicle registration cert yesterday after two weeks (the should be enough for the grant)

I don't think you get a log book. Also getting vehicle reg cert is not dependant on tax it normally two weeks after registration.

I'd say give the office in Shannon a buzz to check giving them your reg.

Yeah seems like I just didn't realise I had the vehicle registration certificate which is basically it.

Will post it all off tomorrow and see how long it takes to get the grant back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

A question for those who have purchased or are thinking of purchasing. I’m thinking of trading in my Ioniq for the 5, but for those who chose the executive over the executive plus, or vice versa, how much did the heat pump or the privacy glass factor into your decision? I think I would prefer the executive plus, but is it really worth the extra just for those little bits.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

No idea about heat pump, but someone a few page's ago got tinted windows done on exec model for a couple of hundred. Might be a good short cut to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just asked the missus ☺️ she says she prefers the all cloth seats of the Executive and also prefers the brighter interior without a tint. Also she has loads of range even in winter so no advantage of a heat pump, but if you regularly need an extra bit of range then a heat pump would be an advantage. She is inclined to pre heat car if leaving early and then turn heater down quite low so heat pump may not be much of an advantage anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 peterwhit

Our kids love the privacy glass (they feel like celebrities being chauffeured around), but an aftermarket kit as noted above would be cheaper. Apart from the heat pump, the Exec Plus also has the sliding centre console. That’s a bit of a gimmick. Most of the time I have it forwards, for better left arm support while cruising; but on a couple of occasions it’s been useful to slide it back to give more unobstructed width in the front (once to carry a large framed picture in the front, with a bike in the back.).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 peterwhit

I’ve used the esb super chargers three times with my 58kwh RWD:

Kilmartin N6 station, Athlone 

Dur: 25 mins

Avg: 73.42kw/h

Galway plaza junction 16.

Dur: 26 mins

Avg: 80.63kw/h

Circle K M9 Kilcullen 

Dur: 16.5 mins

Avg: 66.2kw/h

Two of those were on same day round trip to Clare (550km). Averaged about 110kmh on motorway. Next time I’ll try averaging 90kmh to see if I can closer to the advertised max range!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Mine came down by about 120€ which was a nice surprise. Since your reg won't be in their system, look for a reg of a similar spec car to give them. Liberty had picked a completely different spec and the system told them not to insure me. Ended up going through this thread to find a reg and then it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

First wash - Shooting Star Grey Matte, Premium Plus

Before talking about the wash, a word about the paint. In decorator’s terms the colour finish is more satin or silk that totally dull matte. Surprisingly the painted parts of the B pillar are finished in the colour but have a pearlised finish! The car has drawn a great deal of attention in the two weeks I’ve had it.

Moving on to the washing, the car has covered over 530 kms on Kerry country roads in the last two weeks and was filthy. The lower sides, most of the rear of the car - don’t mention the rear window which Rain-X only marginally helps keep clear - and the front panel were the worst.

Over the last 57 years I’ve had over 40 cars - the Ioniq 5 has more dirt traps than any car I’ve ever had. The flutes on the body mouldings, the sills inside the doors, the bottom insides of the doors and the flat areas inside the tailgate at the corners all attract masses of dirt.

I had intended a contactless wash using Autoglym’s Polar Blast and Polar Wash which Hyundai had advised were acceptable as the products listed in their matte paint washing instructions are not readily and economically available in Ireland.

A first rinse wetting with plain water from a power hose showed that the paint has some factory protection as the water beaded readily on the bonnet and shrank and ran off the vertical panels. The wetting was followed by snowing the car with Polar Blast which was allowed to dwell for 10 minutes. This was then rinsed followed by total coverage with Polar Wash which was again allowed to dwell. Rinsed off, the method had worked well on all but the doors below the crease that runs from the back of the car to the front edge of the front doors and the sills inside the doors. These had to be washed again using the two bucket method with Polar Wash and a microfibre mitt.

Drying was achieved using a large microfibre towel.

There is no doubt that this car will need more cleaning than my white i40 ever did.

One thing I forgot to mention and ask if anyone else had felt similar.

At 120 and to be honest at 110 it felt like there were quite a lot of vibrations especially steering wheel and centre console, to the point it was a bit annoying.

I usually do around 103-105 on main road near us and it's not bad at all.

I wonder if it's because I had 2 others in the car but then it didn't happen today on the main road mentioned above.

How have others found the vibrations on motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Haven't noticed any vibration at speed, but haven't been over about 110 as yet, no motorways. But I did notice one particular short bit of road does produce a slight rumbling feeling that is not evident on my VW. What pressure are your tyres? At speed there could be a wheel imbalance but unlikely on a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Like EagarEv said check you tire pressures, when I got mine the pressures were at 50psi, the Manual states 38.

The other thing to do is get your tyres checked by a tyre fitter, they may need balancing, it only takes minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I have the same around that speed. Car going into the garage on Monday to get some updates done (which they said were done when I picked up the car) so will be getting them to check the wheel balance. Tyre pressure was also wrong when I collected it

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Which updates are they ? And how can I check if they've been done on mine (which I seriously doubt).

Thanks

• Advertisement

It's taking out a new insurance policy on the day of collection a bit late? I imagine I just need a confirmation email to say I've taking out an insurance.

Also we won't be getting a charger installed until 2 weeks after getting the car. Is there specific card to get for using chargers?

Advertisement