Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

So you can't answer anything about what I said that you think is a conspiracy? There was nothing conspiracy about my post at all, just facts and you know it which is why you refuse to answer.

And I know the bloody difference, I spend a lot of time on threads about Northern Ireland and have been in many discussions about MI5 activity in Ireland so I wrote MI5 out of habit, not a hard mistake as I'm sure most people would agree but good try on making accusations of conspiracies in relation to known facts and refusing to answer why you even call them conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just relised the Posters across multiple threads have all gone on about an invasion ,

AH threads.

Current affairs.

Military .

Then having a go at anyone calls them out for making rediculous claims

I copied and pasted that from an article I read yesterday by the Irish examiner, it was a quote from a marine conservationist, you're the only one on here making stuff up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40794042.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

More rubbish. It's was the other way around. The US supplied the Russian with over 10 billion dollars (180 billion in today's value) in mostly military aid

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Lend-Lease - Wikipedia

In total, the U.S. deliveries to the USSR through Lend-Lease amounted to $11 billion in materials: over 400,000 jeeps and trucks; 12,000 armored vehicles (including 7,000 tanks, about 1,386 of which were M3 Lees and 4,102 M4 Shermans); 11,400 aircraft (4,719 of which were Bell P-39 Airacobras) and 1.75 million tons of food.

Yes the USSR played a significant part. However this has to be understood in the context that the US fought the complete Pacific theatre war against Japan virtually by itself.

The US could have reached Berlin before Russia, but was more careful in there use of troops. Stalin or his Generals cared nothing about losses. They lost 3 or 4-1 compared German losses.

Slava Ukrainii

No according to several posters it's all propaganda , there's no Russians in Ukraine ,there was no invasion , flight MH17 was a hoaks.

And did we know America invaded Iraq like it was breaking news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Right can you clarify your stance on this topic , what exactly is the point your making?

I just want this in writing now so the goal posts cant be moved after the fact, cause you ve tried to do that a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Wrong. The Royal Navy has does not engage in live-fire exercises in Irish waters, and it's a matter of record in the Oireachtas that the Royal Navy provides assurances to the Department of Foreign Affairs with regard to such.

All navies have the right of transit in EEZs, if the dolphin watch man wants to call that "exercises" he's free to do so, but the Royal Navy does not carry out comparable missle testing like was planned with the Russian Navy.

What has that got to do with anything? So the Americans gave the Russians some money to save them from Hitler.

The USA lost a measley 400,000 soldiers and a few thousand civilians during the whole of WW2, while the Soviet Union lost 10 million soldiers and nearly 15 million civilians, I think you may have been watching too many movies and fell victim to the American propaganda and rewriting of history that Americans themselves beat the nazis alone with a little help from Britain and the Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union bore the brunt of the Nazi war machine and played by far the most important role in the Allies' defeat of Hitler, they also lost more than two thirds of their industrial capacity to the Germans which is far more than anyone else.

Not only that but the Germans suffered more than three quarters of their wartime losses to the Red Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

They d have lost far more than that if the measley USA didn't help, fact is if Germany had only to fight Russia it would destroyed them.

So yeah it sort of has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I'm not saying they didn't help, they did, I was just stating the facts that the Soviet Union largely defeated the Nazis by themselves, hilariously that other poster claimed it was the other way around.

• Advertisement

His point is don't talk about the fact Russia has massed war material on the borders of a sovereign nation to coerce them against their will back into the Russian near-abroad sphere, and wants to waste everyone's time with nutbar conspiricies about a war nearly two decades ago in a different region involving a third country that isn't the topic of the thread.

"Russia’s naval drills planned for next week are the first exercises by a foreign military in at least 20 years that have required an Irish maritime warning.

While other navies and air forces regularly transit through Ireland’s exclusive economic one (EEZ), live-fire drills are unheard of in recent years, aside from those carried out by the Irish Naval Service.

The Department of Transport told The Irish Times it has issued 39 marine notices relating to military exercises in the last two decades, all of which related to exercises carried out by the Irish Defence Forces. The one exception is the Russian drills planned for next month."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/maritime-warning-on-russian-navy-drills-is-first-for-foreign-military-in-20-years-1.4788228

You're welcome Harry.

He labels posts I make that are stating simple facts as "boogeyman conspiracies" and then refuses to answer why it's a conspiracy after being asked numerous times and proceeds to ramble on about nonsense.

See my above post. Boogyman conspiracy about non-existent no-warning Royal Navy live-fire exercises in Irish waters. You made it up. That's a boogyman conspiracy, but you weren't prepared to be served evidence you concocted it

Boogyman conspiracies about MI5 (*snigger*) manipulating international media and the public.

You're up to your neck in it.

The point was to provide evidence of how often in the last 20 years that the West (mainly US and UK) routinely spreads misinformation and propaganda through the media in attempts to further their aims, which is why I'm simply telling people to open their eyes and not believe everything they hear like the narrative and all the scaremongering they are currently hearing, like those moronic fishermen for example, who probably haven't got a brain cell left in their head and would believe anything if they seen it on the TV.

I don't believe there is an imminent invasion coming and all the other scaremongering stories like the British and Americans are claiming, even the Ukraine president of Ukraine only yesterday told the West to chill out.

For God sake it's even been circulating around the media that they are planning to invade Ireland and the Kremlin is also launching cyber attacks against our health service, I'm sick of all this nonsense.

Moronic fishermen. Righty oh.

I think their brain cells are firing at a higher rate than yours at the moment, because I have seen nobody, on any form of media, traditional or social, saying they seriously think Russia is going to invade Ireland.

I challenge you to find a single person who said that. Drop the link or the quote. You're crawing and moaning about being misrepresented saying you're not a conspiracy theorist, yet there you are, making sh*t up and think nobody will call you out on it.

Completely twisting my words and making up lies because you know you were wrong, pathetic really.

When you called what I said "boogeyman conspiracy theories" you were quoting the post where I said the intelligence services were providing the media with misinformation and lies in relation to WMDs and other matters to justify the invasion of Iraq, which is fact and common knowledge for everyone at this stage.

Your words, post #1805 30-01-2022 12:01am:

"For God sake it's even been circulating around the media that they are planning to invade Ireland"

Nobody's twisting your words. Stop making sh*t up Harry.

There's loads of it been going around for God sake, not that most people will seriously believe it but if you know how propaganda works it's all scare mongering and planting the seeds in people's heads so when less extreme claims come out then people will be more likely to believe it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/russia-going-attack-ireland-audience-26083060.amp

"Youtuber and TikToker Philip DeFranco who answered one question for his massive audience of millions - will Russia attack Ireland?"

That's not the media, that's a dumbass American Tik-Tokker

You're making sh*t up.

• Advertisement

I think you're just a troll at this stage I'm not even going to engage in further conversation, anyone can feel free to go back to the last page and see for themselves that's not the post you called a boogeyman conspiracy theory, it was in relation to propaganda before the Iraq war.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Lads.

Wouldn't it be easier to exchange phone numbers and carry on your ding-dong that way? 😁

🤣 Would that be the post where you said that MI5 was manipulating the world's media? Yes, that's conspiratorial thinking Harry.

I'm not the one presenting one American Tik-Tokker's post as some sort of evidence of mass-media manipulation chum. Or indeed inventing Royal Navy live-fire exercises that never happened.

You're dead right, take a time-out, you need it.

😂😂😂 I'm done anyway, he's just making up complete lies and believes there was no propaganda in relation to the Iraq war, it's all just a conspiracy I made up, so how is he going to think there's any propaganda going around now, everything negative, any narrative he hears about Russia him and others will take it as complete fact.

No it's not, I claimed the intelligence services of both the UK and USA spread misinformation and lies through the media in relation to WMDs and other matters to justify invading Iraq, anyway we can agree to disagree if you think that's a conspiracy them fair enough, let people make their own minds up.

I said "for god's sake it's even been circulating around the media that Russia is planning to invade Ireland" as an example of how bad the scaremongering has got, you told me to post an article I googled it and posted the first thing that popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Russia is invading Ireland, some in the public arena have fallen to new depths.

Seems Russia is seriously agitating for war with NATO.. a group that would send Russia back to the stone age.

Thankfully they're not, when you have a situation playing out and bilateral talks are been had (US/Russia) and excluding the nation that is being "invaded" we all see the game that is at play.

How does talks exclude Ukraine? Ukraine asking for calm and calm Joe then saying that US troops are being readied for deployment to Eastern Europe..

It seems the US is leading NATO into a war situation with Russia, they've just gotten themselves out of a lost war in Afghanistan and are bulling themselves to dive straight back into another war..

How bad are the stocks of the US war machine

Ukraine has already been excluded , Russia who invaded ukraine 8 years ago repeatedly tried to stop ukraine having a say in the Minsk and Minsk 2 agreements they wanted Germany , France,and America to be the only ones at the table ,and even then when there was agreements Russia pushed it's troops further into ukraine and then blamed Ukraine for breaking the agreements,it the same reason Russia blocked ukraine from asking the UN to deploy peacekeepers to help deescalate the situation in the East,and Putin said they were preventing Genocide of the Russian population.

But lets look at the situation between the US and ukraine I think it's Been taken out of context ,it's global news that's Russia is readying an invasion ,the Americans put it out they didn't want Americans to travel ,then withdrew embassy staff along with other countries ,Zelensky this is causing panic, but most Ukrainians are just going about their daily lives ,Zelensky believes they should already have imposed sanctions , but what would happen if sanctions were imposed and nothing changes military wise, the Russians won't stop ,

But if the west keep the pressure up Putin can't move,yes he's more or less surrounded ukraine and blocked them from using the azoz sea for shipping through the black sea, but a slight miscalculation from Russian forces and there's no way back .

Zelensky could do himself damage if he's seen to be biting the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I get Russia has done wrong with regards Crimea and the Donbass via proxies or direct military involvement, that situation has all evolved under the auspice of a Ukrainian uprising..

Do you believe it? I have suspicions.

Leaving that aside, NATO, it is US lead with force and with money, why should Russia feel comfortable having that power and that military might positioned on its door step?

There was agreements made when east and west Germany were being United that NATO wouldn't close in on Russia, they've now basically created a curtain around Russia if Ukraine joins.

If I'm living in my house and fall out with a neighbor and then all the extended family starts buying up houses around me and moving in, I'm going to start feeling like I am being attacked without being actually attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭MFPM

Go back and read the thread, I've made my points clearly several times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement