Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumnigh Manor, Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

Does anyone have any update re completion date? We were originally told March, but now May has been mooted! Conscious of loan offer running out!! Our property has roof on, looks watertight etc, but houses across the road are what will cause the delay. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mei000

Me too!

Originally I was told our home would be completed in March. But just before Christmas, selling agent told me it would be delayed until mid/late April. I wouldn't be surprised it would be completed in May or later.

However, I don't think the mortgage is a big problem. My bank told me that it is common to have the home completion delayed and they can easily extend the mortgage for another 6 months. If there is a further delay, then I can only re-apply the mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lzunyuan

We've been told the house will be completed in April.

anyone could sent a invite to the whats-app group?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Last we heard they'd be ready for snagging in April, I'm still assuming it'll be May we get to move in. I'm 3 months pregnant now, so time is of the essence!

FYI, I spoke to Judy from Hooke MacDonald about whether the house would be tiled- apparently only the bathrooms will be tiled and all other flooring is on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Our house is on the left hand side as you look in the fence/gate of the block nearing completion. We've been told it should be ready for snagging mid/end Feb. We're in a similar boat to Lollipops above in that we're expecting, although our due date is end of March so we're cutting things tight! 😁

Understand that the local WhatsApp group is reserved for people who have moved in, but I'm happy to set one up for those of us looking to move in over the coming months. I've heard from other people who have moved into new estates that it can be really handy, especially when snagging comes around.

If anyone thinks that's a decent idea, feel free to PM me and I'll start a group for those of us in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CatalystMak

Latest Photos for those interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ad2105

Hey guys, thanks for all the info and pics..it’s great to see the progress being made! Our house is in the middle line and we were told end of March/April..I’d be keen to join a WhatsApp group if one is being set up, could be very handy for the next few months 😄

Has anyone been told they don't have bricks on the outside of their house? We were shocked to see that our house had no bricks,and we were never told that our house had no bricks,and the contract was never mentioned😔

• Registered Users Posts: 2 novan

Interesting point about the flooring. First time I’m hearing this. Would someone from the already completed blocks please confirm? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nsa22

Just seeing the front facade of the newer phase pictured above for the first time today. Considerably less brick than had been suggested in previous conversations. How disappointing. I'd be interested to speak to any new buyers about this - feel free to PM to discuss further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

The stuff about the bricks should conform to the planning. You'll be able to see the intended design if you hoke through the documents for your street. Seems to be a thing with these developments that each stage maybe loses a little that the last lot had but gets charged a bit more, although that's also the market

Hi,

Do you know where we can see the street plan,they should let buyer know this when they viewing the showhouse😑 I'm pretty sure most people didn't know about this plan until it was built outside recently.Because they never told.

I have two friends who bought the same house with me which just built with only a few bricks, and we are very disappointed.☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

We’re in the middle row (68-77) and were told that apart from the bathrooms which are being tiled, flooring is not being provided. We contacted the builder to get the details for the company who did the show house. Feel free to PM if you want those details.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No problem at all. Just set it up this morning, so we officially have a group! Fire me a PM on this if you can with your number and I'll add you in.

Anyone else keen to join who's moving in this year, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicole919

We are the same that my house on the right side has nearly no bricks. The agent never mentioned that to me and I was so disappointed when seeing the house. Wondering if there is anything we can do now? Or too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

In Skylark one of the streets had yellow render on the planning which wasn't popular. It was later changed to a better tone so I think it's not unchangeable. Not sure what it would take to change it though, probably some kind of group communication?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicole919

Thanks for providing this example. I think we should communicate this with the builder together to bring them some pressure. Anyone who has the same issue welcome to PM me.

Hi,cannot PM to you,as you are on profile private

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BPS87

Hi there,

My wife and I secured a 5 bed property last October for completion 3/4 of 2022. We were only informed this evening of the changes to the property facade and roof and are extremely unhappy with this change.

Pm your phone number ,i invite you to the whatapp group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nsa22

Hi BPS87. Tried to PM you there but your profile is on private. Do touch base if you would like to discuss this further.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Laura R

Hi there,

We are looking at buying in the current DM phase being sold (Judy indicated an October completion - so I’m estimating a Jan move in time?!). Would love to hear from those already living there:

• How is the community atmosphere in the estate? We would be moving from city centre apartment living which is quite anonymous so love the idea of getting to know our neighbours.
    • How do people find the commute in to town (my husband and I would likely be commuting about 2 days per week)?
    • How do you find the accessibility to portmarnock village and malahide? I know it’s only a short drive but traffic seems to be an issue in the area so presumably on nice days it can be a challenge?
    • From looking at the dublin projected flood planes, looks like portmarnock could be in trouble in the coming years - do you know of any plans to protect against this in the area?

Hope I’m not coming across as negative above - the houses are absolutely lovely, unmatched in terms of quality and we love the idea of a more beach lifestyle. Just want to make sure we make a fully informed decision!

Thanks in advance!

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cambridge01

Hey Knex, will pm you to request joining the group. We are in the left row and have been told snagging will start in Feb. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sophiew

Hey Knex, will pm you to request joining the group, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Hi Laura,

We bought in the latter part of Phase I so here since last summer.

1: There is a good community atmosphere in the estate. People are always giving each other a hand with info or borrowing things if someone is stuck. Over Christmas, some money was rounded up to get a big Xmas tree for the front of the estate, a lighting event was held with mulled wine, beers, and snacks and everyone got to chat with others they hadn't met before.

2: My partner commutes to the CC most days, the walk to the dart is about 15 mins but the path is quite narrow and only on one side of the Drumnigh road and the station road. Over winter you'd want to have a hi-viz on. Cars go quite fast so you have to have your wits about you. For one or two trips a week it shouldn't be too bad. There is a bridge at the back of DM over the railway that the farmer who owned both sides would drive a tractor over, it's not accessible but the intention is when DM and the estate on the other side(Skylark/Quintain) are completed that the bridge will be pedestrianized and it would greatly improve the walk to the dart or the village. This however may be years away and some hurdles to overcome with Irish rail. The council did make mention of it in the DM planning but no conditions were implemented on the developers to speed up access to it. You can actually see it on the DM site map on the website.

3: Similar to above, the Drumnigh road and Station road are roads that are of an older time when Portmarnock was rural. There is a tricky junction where the Drumnigh road meets the station road and there are crashes there often enough. Traffic does build up there at peak times and on hot summers day traffic towards the beach will be backed up. Another option is to go towards the new junction and left onto the Mayne road towards the coast. The road through Portmarnock village also builds up at peak hours and especially when the Schools get off. The new junction to Clongriffen/Donaghmede has really improved access southbound.

4: Drumnigh manor is actually on a quite high bit of land, if you look at it from Mayne road or the coast you will see it. It's also a good bit back from the Estuary down towards Portmarnock which will have the most risk of rising water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darryn

Hi all,

We visited the showhouse a few days ago and really liked the layout and finishes. As we have never lived in a semi-detached house before (lived outside of Ireland) I wanted to check in with the group to see what your views are around the sound insolation from outside noise as well as the neighbor?

Finally did anyone make changes to the std finishes?

Thank you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RepublicofForest

Hey Cambridge01 & Knex - we’re on the left hand side & hoping to snag in Feb as well! Hopefully no delays.

Would like to join the WhatsApp group if still going for the residents-in-waiting:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RepublicofForest

We’re in the middle of this row on the left here. Expect snagging toward end of Feb.

Kitchen still to be installed and electrics finished, some paining as well.

Can’t come quick enough! :)

Advertisement