Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Masters 2022 - Eurosport 2

Options

Comments

The spellings are likely dissimilar, but, thanks to summit Alan mentioned, There's a 'Yan' playing and refereeing here... the things you notice/or don't 😋

Entertaining match this..

Hon Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Oh dear, just tuned in to see Allen miss that pink to give it to Bingtao

Long way back for Mark at the current scoreline..

Would have been unfair no matter who won that last frame, as both had chances...

Allen done the less wrong in the last seven/eight minutes imo, and was a bit unfortunate to get snookered, and ultimately give Yan the chance to pot the last red, and all the colours.

At 5-3 Mark can't afford any mishaps..

I like McManus but he does talk a little bit of nonsense at times.

Totally agree. Opinion on his commentary is divided. I think he talks too much and should tone it down a few notches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Out of all the commentators Dale is the best IMO, knows what he's talking about and doesn't talk to much, he knows how to get the right balance right.

• Advertisement

Either McManus went for a toilet break or he read my last post lol

Hope it goes to a decider, for the sake of a decider. Not bothered who wins.

That white (about 2mins back) was always 'odds against' to go in yellow pocket.

TF JV's not on comms 😊

And Angles is back, and Allen's luck seems to be in 😋 It is! noice red to yalla pocket!!

Gwan MarrrKkkk 😊

Bingtao looks a bit frustrated, that green he attempted and missed into the middle was a bit wild.

This has gone desperately scrappy.

• Advertisement

Great show of sportsmanship there from Yan.. He could have gotten away with that - doubt the camera would have clocked whatever infringement he made 😊

Gwan Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The foul on the red would probably never be spotted if Yan didn't call it.

Bad miss on black by Allen.

Some bottle from Yan.... that red to middle !

This match is a cracker.... still in balance... great brown from Allen - gets lucky with blue going safe.

I doubt anyone would ever have seen that foul Yan admitted to.

I though it was a foul on the red as well but the commentators said he feathered the cue ball.

This scrappy frame turned out to be quite entertaining in the end.

Allens head is gone, should be 5-5 but he just can't get there despite the chances Yan keeps giving him.

How did Bingtao miss that blue over the pocket. Maybe he was afraid if he hit it the wrong way he'd sink the cue ball at the same time but ended up missing it altogether.

edit: great pink by Bingtao to take it.

Allen missed a fair lot of balls tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Allen was garbage towards the end.

An all Chinese final in Germany.

• Advertisement

8-0 to Zhao...

Ah Yan, not a scrap of sport on this evening now, evening ruined.

Was the first session shown on Eurosport today? I missed it because I was out but when I came back for the last couple of frames it wasn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Darts semi's and finals on ITV4. First Super Bowl 'semi-final' on Sky Sports at 8. (Neither of which may float your boat obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That's poor and surprising from Eurosport

Yep, not a scrap!

Seriously though are they showing this evening’s session? Very strange they didn’t show the earlier one.

It's on Eurosport now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I guess the grand-slam tennis final and the after match analysis of it was correctly going to be their main focus on one station.

For their second station, they seem to be big into their winter sports events which I don't really follow, but they may be contractually obliged to show certain events.

I don't think we can really complain as they generally do snooker superbly, but the lesser events do occasionally play second fiddle behind snow stuff in winter, and cycling in the spring/autumn.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, this is disappointing from a spectator point of view.

Looks like I'll be watching the tennis final repeat instead if I can find it somewhere.

Advertisement