Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Stupid question but you aren’t using your vpn while using it are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No. Ive researched this to exhaustion. Seems the recommendations, charts etc are tied to country of payment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

4 or 5 months so startig to see my tastes appear now in new albums and singles but still 90% Argie, same for trending.

I just checked on ours and the only mention of Argentina is the top 100. Don’t think you can change that but there shouldn’t be any other Argentina stuff on it

• Advertisement

When you click on the top 100 charts you can then change the option to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Ok, so I signed up for this but seem to have made a couple of mistakes.

1. I thought I signed up for the annual family subscription but when i look at my YouTube membership it says I have an individual annual plan. I may need to cancel the subscription and resign up for the family plan.
    2. When i try to invite my family members to my families.google account it tells me that they're in a different country to me. Should I change my location in Google Pay, or will that cause red flags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Del007

Turn your vpn on when you're sending the invites

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You should be fine to change your location. Did you change it to signup? Just wondering why you would be different to everyone else (I'm just assuming you are all in the same country of course)

If you changed your Google location recently you might not be allowed to do it again on the same account for some time.

I don't think using a VPN will work here as it is taking you google settings not where you appear to be located on the internet.

I just added family members google account to it after I had it set up, zero issues with location and no need for vpn, all locations were set to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

I renewed my sub with indian premium , and today I see that it charged me 5 times and continues to charge me until I turned off online purchases on revolut. Has this happened to anyone else?

No but it happens me every month with Indian prime, I get charged twice every time but it’s only 50c so I couldn’t be bothered trying to fix it!

I have now been charged for the family account 2.25€ 5 times on revolut. Not much of a saving if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've youtube premium via India using Revolut for the last 3 years with no issue so there is something funky going on there with the way it's working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

Iv paid 6 times now 2.22 a few times and 2.25. I used Vpn unlimited and revolut. I paid 13.40€ all together, I had just added a few to my family account just before I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BORATS RAT

Something not right there, check your Google account payment log, should only deducted it the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

When I click the buy button the screen just keeps going back to where I put in my card details. The price is showing up in rupees and I'm using Revolut. The only thing I can see thats odd is I haven't been asked for a full address, I just had to pick a State from a drop down menu.

Anyone able to shed any light on where I have gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Is YouTube premium a good substitute for amazon music?

Can it be used on amazon devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭a2deden

I use it every day, imo it easily rivals spotify....for my music needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

Ive tried n26, curve and revolut.

Ive tried vpn unlimited and nord. Ive tried india, turkey, argentina.

Payment rejected each time.

Anyone having any luck?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

A relative got this going yesterday, somehow.

He attempted it with Revolut (virtual card, not physical, not disposable virtual), tunnel bear, from Argentina with a googled address and then the Irish embassy address.

He tried in the morning and all seemed ok until it kept throwing it back to the payment screen after seemingly accepting payment. No good.

We then tried in the evening, same story. Tried a different local payment card, still no joy. He then tried it on his phone with the virtual Revolut card and it went through. Haven't a clue why or what the difference was but it worked all of a sudden.

This just worked for me. Couldn't get the transaction to go through no matter what I done but no hassle at all once I used a multi use virtual card from Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

Was it visa or mastercard?

Never thought to look before but the virtual card is Mastercard and my physical card is Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine are both MasterCard but I've had them a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭breeno

I signed up to a family plan yesterday including a month free trial via Turkey on my Revolut card.

The pre approval went through perfectly according to revolut app but will be interesting to see if the actual payment goes through next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is anyone elses YouTube horrible today? I'm having lots of buffering and pauses on YouTube app on Xbox, on YouTube music via phone and Google speakers. Xbox and speakers on home WiFi and phone on mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

I noticed it buffering a little, about 2 days ago. It's alright now though.

• Advertisement

So weird the variation for different people. I did 3 months in India and when it ran out I stacked a year no problem. Then I did it for a mate on his account when he gave me his password.

Just created a virtual card in Revolut and used the VPN for India and no hassle at all. Both were long-term existing accounts, maybe that was a part of it?

Advertisement