Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL Playoffs - Conference Championship Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Deeeeeeeeeeelighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm delighted for the Bengals. Delighted for Joe Burrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭amacca

I like the chiefs but I'm delighted for the Bengals. Cracking championship game. Real fairytale stuff for Burrow. I hope they don't get monstered in the superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Congratulations Cincinnati.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Embarrassing stuff. Up 21-3, didn't take a FG at the end of the first half, and couldn't win the game with a TD at the end of the fourth. Complete bottle job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭threeball

Bills will be sick. Josh Allen would have taken the Bengals apart.

Just got beat by the better team again, have to take your hat off to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Incredible effort from the Bengals, just incredible. KC will be kicking themselves they had the game in their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Best season ever

The Bengals were brilliant in the second half but the Chiefs should've been out of sight. That decision not to take the FG before half time swung the momentum and was huge.

I like the Bengals a lot, Burrow was ice cool with the comeback, but the Chiefs blew it completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

Just amazing how one poor play call, mental lapse and quite probably a bit of over confidence can change a game.

Immediately thinking that if Stafford can't win the SB this year he never will

if

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Stoolie

Don't care that Bengals won but delighted we don't have to listen to Jackson and Brittany any more dis year

This presenting the trophy to the owner is a joke of a system. Trophies should always be presented to the players, regardless of sport.

Yes, the Chiefs weren't able to put it away.

Thus, the Bengals were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Delighted stick your peace sign up your ass tyreek.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Think i remember a stat from the wildcard round that the Bengals hadn't won a playoff game since 1990 or thereabouts? And now they go from #1 pick in the draft to the Superbowl in 20 months. Mad really. Bar a few years under Marvin Lewis when they were decent, they've mainly been a poor team for all my time watching the NFL. Delighted to see them reach the Superbowl. Burrow is so calm. Looks like nothing phases him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I got that wrong, not as bad as when I wrote Tom Brady's obituary during Q3 of Super Bowl 51 and at least two times more after that

Congratulations to Bengals, Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor for an amazing achievement to pull that one off and take the Bengals to a SB, I won't be against them in two weeks time

I'm happily sitting on the fence for this game coming up.

SF can't afford to fall too far behind the Rams. They just don't have the firepower to recover a deficit. Something like the cowboys game would be ideal. Just keep a couple of points up. FGs probably enough to get over the line

INT niners.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Defense on top so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

Same old story from Stafford so far unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yes agreed, but unfortunately it will be one of the worst Super Bowl ever.

Nice TD from Stafford and nice pass from Jimmy G, nearly a TD.

SF haven't developed any momentum........ yet......

Samuel is such a difference maker

TD deebo Samual.

49ers starting to build their way into this game. Few more hits on Stafford and he might not want to know much more.

If Deebo goes here they're toast though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers defense has struggled and been lucky not to give up more points, they need to get a handle on the run game as if LA can run it they'll go on to win I think

Ambry Thomas has been burned twice, once not called for a PI, once gave up the TD to Kupp.

Offensively 49ers need to get their run game going and build some drives, they can't have their defense out there the whole game.

Stafford has been hit a few times and looks rattled to be honest, but need to make them one dimensional. Impressed with Jimmy, he has made some nice throws so far.

Interesting stats:

• Advertisement

Big stop there by the 49ers, especially given it cost the Rams a timeout as well.

Advertisement