Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Very unlikely but just be aware of Paediatric Inflammatory Multisystem Syndrome

"The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) said there is a possible temporal association between PIMS and Covid-19"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

All of us got it for Christmas Day with immunocompromised son and husband getting it earlier than others .

One guy had no symptoms but tested well positive for 16 days on antigens !

One other son tested positive two days after me but had altered sense of smell and loss of taste at the same time , mine was about 3 days in , and we both had piercing nasal sinus pain for a day like another poster has mentioned .

He was perfectly fine though after 3 days whereas I, older with underlying conditions, had chest tightness and soreness , a hacking cough and some breathlessness for a night. My gp gave me steroids and was on an inhaler so it settled but I am still coughing and it is now a month since I got it. I had lower back and hip pain in the beginning also .

I felt ok one day but ill again the next for about 3 weeks . Am back at work since and feel good now apart from the cough .

The other people in the house were sick with temperatures in the beginning and sweats , which 5 of the 6 of us had , sneezing and a dry cough with loss of appetite for a few days and apart from my husband were better quick enough . We are all double vaxxed with the immunocompromised pair and myself triple vaxxed .

Its a very strange illness . Not like a cold and seems to affect everyone differently .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

On day 9 here, first time I tested negative on an antigen test. Still feel a bit shite. Still quite congested, nausea on and off, tired and brain a bit 'foggy' (although that could be because it's Monday)!

I went out for my first walk today since getting covid, only around 2 miles only but I was knackered coming back. We live in a hilly area and I'm well used to hills but I felt seriously crappy at the end of the walk, just no energy :( But I will try to get out everyday this week just for 30 mins to clear the head (literally)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm on day 7, vaccinated but not boostered. Kids seem to have knocked it back quicker than they would a cold, although one of them is starting to show symptoms. I'm slightly congested now but christ I'm knackered. The fatigue has been on and off the last week, although at the start I had an absolutely banging headache and tiredness, it's the tiredness that I'm struggling with. I'm usually up at 6am, out and about but the past week I've been fucked. Got up at 7am this morning, made breakfast and the missus took one look at me and said "I hope you're not planning on working today", I didn't even notice but I was leaning like an old lad against the kitchen counter catching my breath.

Herself, however, has the booster. Negative tests and no symptoms, thankfully she's also WFH so sher's not worried about bringing it into the office or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭rogber

Did an antigen test on Friday - negative.

Yesterday (Sunday) all of a sudden I felt pretty weak around midday and quickly developed a temperature, bit of a headache too. Woke up this morning with sore throat as well, did self-test and as expected result was positive. Then went and got antigen test at a test centre and when that came back positive PCR as well. So I guess I'm on day two. Double vaxxed (second one in August) but no booster (was supposed to get it this week). Now have a few sniffles as well but actually on the whole feel a bit better than yesterday, when I just wanted to lie in bed. Would like to think the worst might already be behind me but reading reports here I won't count my chickens yet.

When I told my GP he said as the vaccines don't seem to protect that much against omicron, natural immunity from an infection might be a better option at this stage and get booster later in the year when vaccines have been tweaked. Told me not to worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Well how are you now?

Has anyone had lower back pain as a side effect? My lower back is in bits and I can't seem to get any relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

First day I’m feeling half normal. Had a good ten days of symptoms. Very weird dose.

started with achy legs and scratchy throat, fatigue, and then I got chest tightness, palpitations, sore eyes, headache and sinus congestion.

feel 90% fine today. Day 10.

Day 5 now, the first 24-36 hours were by far the worst with weakness and chills mixed with sweating. I have more energy now (though not yet back to normal) and temperature fairly stable apart from a bit of night sweating.

But other symptoms are weird and come in waves. Sometimes like a headcold with sniffles and sneezing, then goes, then comes back again. Yesterday sore throat, today not, but congestion and a kind of tightness in the chest. Was unsusually sensitive in my joints and hips all morning, doubt it was just from a weird sleeping position, then the discomfort went. None of the symptoms particularly strong but none pleasant either.

All in all, feel I'm on the mend but very glad I have the week off work (even though I work part-time from home, couldn't bear the thought of 5-6 hours in front of the laptop every day, there's some definite brain fog, doctor gave me a sick note for first half of next week as I well, will probably use it).

Also, I assume it's omicron as I still have sense of smell and taste. If this is the mild variant, I wouldn't want the strong variant, particularly with no vaccination protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Day 12 here. Mostly back to normality bar the physical energy lacking a bit :)

@rogber i was so glad I could take sick leave. Joined a short meeting on Monday and was exhausted afterwards. Take the time. I’m also in the wtf if I’d not been vaccinated camp. The chest symptoms in particular were very unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭homenotaway

I have horrific back pain (left side) since getting the dreaded covid early January. I've had an MRI (awaiting results). I've also completed a course of antibiotics and steroids for a particularly bad chest infection. My GP says there's no connection between covid and the back/leg pain but I think it's definitely connected.

BTW I'm fully {3 shots) vaccinated but am on immune suppressant therapy for Rheumatoid disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Day 5 here. Has been fine for me - a little cloudy during the week, but have been able to keep working thankfully. Probably would have taken a few days off but have had a particularly important week at work so just soldiered through it. Scratchy throat that has me up for a glass of water at night and more tired than usual mostly in the evenings. My arms were exhausted after drying my hair after a shower on Tuesday which was more funny than anything.

Double vaccinated + booster if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I had covid in December. Symptomless. had x2 vaccines but no booster. I only knew I got it when I did antigen test on 23rd Dec.

I think the reports here show just once again how unpredictable the virus and reactions to it are. Some have no symptoms at all, others are hit hard, most of us somewhere in the middle. In a way it's no wonder there's been such disagreement about the best way to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

I’m not sure which day it is for me. Earlier in the week, I developed facial pain and had sores on the roof of my mouth. I’m not sure if these were Covid symptoms? Within 2 days, laryngitis… in a couple of hours my voice went completely and I left work as I knew something was wrong. I had been doing antigens regularly and all were negative but booked a pcr for the afternoon that I came home. I got the results 2 days later and they were positive. The day I got the laryngitis was the day that the symptoms started to ramp up with sweating and a dagger throat at night, cough, tightness in my chest and a bit of a runny tummy. I have had the vaccines and I also had the booster in early December. I’m a primary school teacher and I’m so surprised that it’s taken until now for me to get Covid. I’ve had so many cases in my class.

• Positive antigen as of Thursday and everyday since. I’m in denial a bit. 😂

main symptoms are cough, body aches and fatigue. I’ve also kinda lost my voice. No sore throat or fever funnily enough.

breathing is very bad at times, but I have sarcoidosis (as far as anyone can tell me til all the tests are done!) so that’s probably why. I am double vaxxed no booster cos I just kept putting it on the long finger.

not looking forward to the next few days as it hits its peak.

Is Delta still around? Our whole house tested positive in October besides our teenage daughter. She has now tested positive since Wednesday but we are all still negative even on PCR. Is it possible she has Delta because we were all around her loads in the days before/ of the positive test? Just want to see if we might be out of the woods. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

I had it last week. No symptoms, tested negative after 5 days, unvaccinated. All of my friends who had it are vaccinated and had several days of pretty miserable symptoms so I'll certainly be showing up to their houses to rib on them while whipping them with my belt.

Day 5 here and similar but my body is just so tired. Legs are aching and almost feek like they won't hold me up. Just generally feeling a bit ****. Find myself getting anxious that it continues to get worse. Felt fine uo to day 3...just feel like each day is getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

No you don't doubt it at all man, you know asymptomatic cases exist regardless of vaccination status. You believe what I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Saudades

I have a few of the covid symptoms so currently self isolating as precaution. I will buy an antigen tomorrow. As I don't want to be outside for too long, are they widely available in Tesco/Aldi (I don't live near a Lidl or Dunnes), or will I have to go to a pharmacy or GP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

They have them in Tesco anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Day 2 & just a blocked nose.

Day 2 for my 4 year old and her cough is gone already,

Well i think its day two in reality could be day 3 or 4.

I only tested positive yesterday butnon Thursday & Froday i had sleepless nights with mad dreams and heart beat racing so could have had it them

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I'd say you definitely had it since Thursday. The first two nights that I had symptoms were exactly like that with the sleepless nights, crazy dreams and my heartbeat was 100-110+. I was waking up practically every hour on the dot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,611 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Of the 4 or 5 families I knew had a case in the housearound xmas, not everyone in the house got it. One dad drove from Donegal to Dublin with one of the kids, kid had sniffles and tested positive after, dad didnt test positive.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Had anyone else had what feel like sugar lows? Like the shakes almost? They just wish over me snd I can't even type a message.

I am still feeling effects on my heart. It’s not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Same here . One person didnt get it in my house despite us not isolating from each other . One person in my brothers didn’t get it with 5 in the house positive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So how long after r the first positive test before yous all got negative test results

Advertisement