Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It was around the first week in October, estimated delivery at the time was November.

Its a red RWD, black interior, aero wheels.

Obviously the estimated delivery has changed a few times

The vin showed up in the source after the renewal of the expired finance agreement was approved. That was about two weeks ago.

The finance had only been expired for a few days but I’d heard of some vins starting to show up in the source for people. So I gave Tesla delivery a poke to get the finance renewed and get the account complete again in case that would delay things as it didn’t look like they were in a hurry to come to me about it. At least it was approved in literally 5 minutes upon submitting the updated form. They also asked for some SEAI details and once the account page updated there was a vin. Decodes as a 2022 model year, 60kwh lfp, newer motor unit.

It could be on Grande California which is due in zeebruge in just under a week, then it will need to hitch a lift here, so maybe I’ll get some official confirmation of a date in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Jayus you should have had something by now.... What spec did you order might be worth giving CS a rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

RWD white 18 inch aero wheels plus tow hitch. I reckon the hitch is what’s catching me so I’ve asked delivery team to note that I’ll take a car without hitch or upgrade to Performance even if that avoids another 3 month wait. The problem is that no one person there can nail it down. I’m sure they’ll ask me to keep an eye on inventory page but unless I know what day they all go up then that doesn’t help me much

Your going from a LR to then if your Jumping to a performance. You should have a better chance then. There were a good few that popped into inventory around delivery in Dec. Again I'm know someone who ordered I think a red performance and waited from before June to December. But whites, blacks and Grey's were in inventory but think only 1 with tow hitch. Can't you get an after market one.

No grant on LR and performance so even bigger price jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Tesla called me two weeks ago just confirming AIB had approved finance (VIN was assigned straight away) and said they'd be in contact in the next couple of weeks for a mid-to-late February delivery. For current owners, how long before your delivery date did you get notified? Hoping to hear soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Speaking as someone who went through the process recently I agree with your points made. The uncertainty over the lead time between initial order to delivery is painful and not reflective of a premium brand. Those on this thread who have ordered should be clear of this when they are ordering (or before they do). A agent may say "I would expect its the end of this quarter for delivery" - the reality is they have no way of being anyway certain of that. If you are ok with waiting up to 6-7 months for your order than podge's views are irrelevant. If you are not then they are very relevant. I wouldn't consider it "bitching" either.

In my case the long wait time caused a good bit of uncertainty regarding what to do with my trade in which happily didn't result in a loss but in another market it could have. It also caused hassle with other items such as a the EV charger grant and I was almost booked in to fly abroad when I got a weeks warning of a delivery date. All these things can be rectified by Tesla if they operated in a more logical fulfillment manner and gave people more certainty (for example first come first served by market). Overall their volume levels clearly need to increase to meet the ROI demand.

Don't get me wrong - I was glad I waited, car is brilliant and the after care so far has been very good. The ordering process would make you think again about buying another. If I was to get to that stage the chances are I would get a car in stock so I didn't have to wait around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Without defending them I think the long wait times are across the whole industry at the moment. A couple of months ago I was able to get I custom order in 6 weeks (ordered in April delivered in May) which is the shortest time I waited for a new car. In 2019 I bought the Kona from the dealer's floor and still waited 7 weeks. My car was registered in March and I got it in April. In 2018 with VW, I waited 9 months with a 2k deposit paid for the car after which I pulled because they were unable to tell me when the car will be in Ireland. They offered me at least 10 times to switch to diesel which is why you don't hear complaints. You're going there with something in mind and they push you towards what they have minimizing the wait. Being a very small niche (RHD) market doesn't help. And if you don't believe me here is a famous quote from few months ago:

Aye we were in it from around the same time glad it worked out for you, well worked out for me too in the end, we both have our arses in an EV ( both getting nicely warmed by heated seats too).

But Tesla need to reflect delivery timings to reflect not only the chip crisis (which is affecting them now). The delivery estimates are the same for the UK and Ireland which is in no way realistic especially after Brexit when even more RHD go to UK because of additional logistics needed now for Ireland.

I had the same with VW and and ID4 mid last year but at least they came back and said it will be severely delayed now and gave me my deposit back.

Tesla model is suck it up and we'll let you know whenever. I was advised 6 week for delivery and turned into 7 months and no return of deposit.

It's ok for them now as the hype will sell car but premium needs premium service. Not once in the whole debacle did they reach out bar the text mentioned above.

Was weeks and months waiting, I'd contact and the next days something would happen (eg. Finance application, finance approval).

All the time same generic responses, your order is being processed we will reach out soon..... *£&@ off!

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

First sign of delivery approaching:

• Advertisement

Congrats

If you live more than 200 km away from Dublin they'll deliver apparently? They can use my 100 euro as part of it🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Nice! What did you both order and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Also got the same! :D

M3 - RWD - White/Black interior/18inch wheels ( Cheapest tesla :D )

Bog standard white with aero wheels. I didn't get a choice of home delivery and I am in Cork but I'd almost rather pick it up in Dublin so I get to drive it back 😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can stop off for a SuC on day 1 as all SuC free on your delivery day, fill up!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

They don't advertise the home deliver that much. Getting back will be enjoyable but getting there may not 😉

I did not know this, I'll be filling up in both Ballacolla and Mahon if so! Thanks for the heads up 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭wassie

I thoroughly enjoyed my pickup trip. Was away for work and had to get up early for a 2hr train trip to Heuston, Luas into the city and then another out to Sandyford, followed by a brisk walk to Tesla. Was a very cold December day but the anticipation across the whole morning was like being a kid again the night before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Test drove M3 last Friday - ordered Saturday for a March delivery (hopefully). Long time since a car made me smile so much. Really more impressed with it than I expected to be. Anyone any recommendations for car buying companies? Have a trade in value from Tesla but would like to get better. Joe Duffy motors offered me a grand less! Don’t want to sell privately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It all depends on what you are selling....

if its a €50k BMW then you need to shop around for the best price, but if its a €2,000 Fiat, then you could probably afford to take the hit and just let Tesla dispose of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

I’m in same situation, was offered 22k for 172 bmw 330e from Tesla. I was getting 2 k more from Zucar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Trade in offer came back at €39,620

(March 2020 SR+ - Made in USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Yeah, Tesla's trade in offers seem to have improved recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Think it could be worse for those picking up from now on. My pick up was in Walkinstown which is a pain to get to from a public transport point of view. Think they are doing from there for when there is a large number of pickups or perhaps it was because Sandyford had the charger construction going on?

I think I'm picking up in Walkinstown as well. Probably easier than Sandyford for those of us heading south, it's straight out the Red Cow after collection. Although you're 100% right on the public transport piece, looks like I'll have to get a bus from Cork and jump out at Heuston and get a taxi across to Agnelli House.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

More the former than the latter! Local garage offered me 1k more than Tesla. Kearys interested and will call me back

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Friend got an ioniq5 , and drove from wex to belfast. on the journey after overtaking a few cars, he was prompted to enable automatic overtaking. from then on, the car would overtake slower cars automatically, without them having to do anything, press anything or initiate the maneuver .

I triple checked that they didn't have to do anything for them to over take , as my understanding was this was a restriction in european law. as someone with FSD, I have to initiate the maneuver in europe :(

anyone know if the law has changed ? I can't find details of it changing, and assume this is a bug in the ioniq 5, as my friend can't find a setting to enable or disable it, there was a one time prompt after manually overtaking a few times (with lane keep and cruise enabled)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I also got the "Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is nearly here..." text yesterday and it said to prepare for delivery in late-February. I ordered mine (RWD, Blue paint, Black interior, 18" wheels) in mid-November. I emailed DeliveryIE@tesla.com to ask them a couple of questions about the completion process and the reply I got was....

"It seems this was sent to you in error so please accept my apologies. We should be in touch very soon to confirm a more accurate delivery date.. "

Hopefully this only applies to me and the rest of you were sent the correct information.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think it's the first session thats free, not all day.

Walkinstown location is at Agnelli Fiat place right? It's right off the red luas line, couldnt be any better served by PT

Advertisement