Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

But like Crimea happened , Russia has already invaded them. They are continuing to occupy large parts of the east of the country by proxy.

These events have taken place in the real world.

So claiming this current suspicious build up of personell/hardware is not a potential precursor to a further invasion doesn't stack up in reality.

Putin may not further invade but given all the true facts above, its hardly Western propaganda to claim he might.

• Perhaps one of those fishermen should become our new Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Amazing what can be achieved with a bit of diplomacy instead of Red Scare tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The fishermen were willing to back it up with action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I am beginning to think that Russia seriously underestimated NATO's unity on the Ukraine question. Russia has been probing NATO for years and drew the wrong conclusion that they [NATO] were a has been.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

The Ukrainian president only two days ago called on the West to stop creating panic on the situation.

The propaganda machines of the West like the BBC, claim in their headlines on the presidents comments that "Ukrainian president calls on the west to not create panic on the situation", implying they are not already doing so.

• Advertisement

First of all Ukraine isnt a NATO member,second of all,sending NATO into Ukraine would escalate it even further.

And the reason why its concerning,is because of Russias agression as far back as 2008,in Georgia.

The preconditions for Russia’s aggression against Georgia were laid in the 1990s, when the Moscow-backed separatist regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia declared “independence” from Georgia. After the local wars, Russia imposed a truce on Georgia and placed its “peacekeepers” in the conflict zone. But Moscow did not adhere to the principle of neutrality, ignoring systematic ceasefire violations by South Ossetian “militia”. In addition, Russian passports were issued en masse to residents of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.

On the eve of the invasion of Georgia, Russia conducted large-scale military exercises Caucasus-2008. Increasing the intensity of provocations, Moscow was waiting for a good excuse for open aggression. Their excuse was the Georgian army’s attempt to put an end to the Ossetian shelling and the creeping occupation of the border territories.

On 7 August 2008 Russia invaded Georgia, violating international law and flouting the principles enshrined in the Helsinki Final Act, including sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the non-use of force. Coming a few months after the Bucharest Summit, where NATO promised Georgia a seat at its table, it was a clear message that Moscow would not tolerate Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic integration aspirations. Yet, rather than sanctioning Russia for this act of aggression, the West gave Russia a second chance and offered a “reset” in ties. This was a major error.

Thirteen years on, 20% of Georgia remains occupied. Russia has not implemented crucial elements of the 2008 six-point ceasefire agreement, including withdrawing its forces to pre-conflict positions. Instead, Moscow has increased its political, economic and social influence in the occupied territories of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

This is laughable.

Two Russian proxy states carved out of a Moscow-sponsored war, the illegal annexation of Crimea, and a fully prepped Russian army on the border of Ukraine is not a 'false narrative' weaved by the CIA or any other spooky group. It's hard reality.

Do you think the CIA has agents in newsrooms all around the world feeding them computer-generated imagery of war material shipped from Siberia? Warlock like powers they have - weaving their magic spell. Or did the CIA hypnotize Russian generals into the army buildup using black-hand mind signals?

You're not just wearing a tinfoil hat, you've got a tinfoil three-piece suit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Ah yes attacking the poster rather than the post again, great so you are unwilling to clarify your points, so far all I'm seeing is the goal post being moved and classic deflection tactics.

You won't stand behind one side of the arguements because you won't be allowed to move the goal posts if you do.

This is a discussion board not a research board so I won't be thrawling back thru 66 pages to try and piece together your ramblings to prove you wrong, when I already know what your saying is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

It's basically a Mexican standoff between Biden and Putin....

You clearly have no idea how propaganda works, which is why you fall for it so easily.

In the recent story published by every major Western media outlet that Russia was planning a false flag attack against it's own people as a pretext to invade Ukraine, where do you think the media got this information from? The CIA, this is fact and is pointed out in a few of the articles, if the CIA want to circulate a story in the media or create a narrative then all they have to do is tell the media whatever they want, and boom, the story is everywhere, that's how propaganda works.

How will we know if this is true or not? We don't but most people will assume it to be true anyway if the media reports it, it's the exact same way propaganda was promoted during the Iraq war and other US conflicts, the intelligence agencies simply told the media about WMDs, the media reported on it and everyone just assumed it to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@Harryd225 You clearly have no idea how propaganda works, which is why you fall for it so easily.

Your perfect case and point , propaganda and people who fall for it ..........

🤣🤣

We're off with Iraq again.

The man peddling Kremlin press releases for the past few days is going to tell us how propaganda works. Your brain has been hijacked son, and you've allowed to happen.

You're not edgy, you're a mark. You're like a teenager from the 80s who thinks that professional wrestling is real and that Hulk Hogan is the strongest man that ever lived. It's a loaded term I know, but the phrase useful idiot really is apt here. The real shame is you're not even getting paid to spout this idiocy, you're actually chewing up your free time with this stuff.

The CIA aren't controlling the media sweet summer child, there is actually a fully prepared Russian army on three sides of Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

I doodle every day thinking about what part I could play if Russia ever invaded us 😆

The scary thing is, he actually believes he's thinking for himself.

From QAnon to Putin online edgelords - there's been psychological studies showing that for certain people if you keep on exposing them to the same point or signal over and over, no matter how ridiculous, eventually their brain kind of gives up and accepts it as a fact and they won't budge. Like flying saucers, CIA conspiracies, you name it. Basically, their birdboxes are highly susceptible to being rewired through repeat signaling.

The people susceptible to this are closely correlated with the lack of a well-rounded critical education that help them sort fact from fiction. It's why Coca-Cola do so much outdoor advertising in lower-income neighbourhoods pushing Coke as a healthy lifestyle beverage even though it's nonsense. It works.

I think we're witnessing it in this thread with our snooker loopy Putinistas.

"There's no Russian military buildup - it's the CIA!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It would be helpful though if you could help shed light on the radical right's motivation for supporting Putin.

Reminds of cheerful spring and egg posters who cropped up in the original Crimea and ukraine threads 8 years ago , total denials of all things Russia and putin in Ukraine ,

No troops in Crimea and eastern Ukraine and flight MH17 wasn't shot down , instead the Americans planted the reckage of flight MH370 , which disappeared the same year near malasysia .

This is what we're dealing with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Alright Yurt, I used strong examples on how propaganda works by using examples of Iraq and how the intelligence services told the media about WMDs in Iraq, the media then reported on it and everyone just assumed it to be true.

This example correlates strongly to much of the information and narrative we are currently being fed like the story that was all over the news recently that Russia was preparing a false flag attack against their own people for a pretext to invade Ukraine, this information was given to the media by the CIA, this is fact and is admitted in some of the articles, albeit less people might have believed it as a few people are starting to cop on after all the lies we have been told by the media over the years and won't just believe every headline they see.

The intelligence services can simply tell the media anything they want with no evidence and then that information will be all over the news and in every newspaper in the West and then like WMDs and all the other lies people with automatically assume it to be true, that's how propaganda works.

The Ukrainian president only two days ago called on the West to stop creating panic on the situation.

The propaganda machines of the West like the BBC, claim in their headlines on the presidents comments misquoting him by saying "Ukrainian president calls on the west to not create panic on the situation", implying they are not already doing so, the panic they are creating has completely brainwashed you so much that you believe anything that goes against the narrative is all Russian propaganda.

I wonder if minor threat will join the conversation

It seems the actual sides involved, Russia and Ukraine are the ones who most consider the threat to be minor.

The Ukrainian president two days ago called on the West to stop creating panic over the situation and speaking at a news conference on Friday, Zelenskyy said: “I don’t consider the situation now more tense than before. There is a feeling abroad that there is war here. That’s not the case.”

Russia claims they have no intention to invade, Ukraine tells the West to stop creating panic over the situation and that they don't consider the situation now any more tense than before, at the same time the British and American governments acting on information from the intelligence services tell us that an invasion is "imminent" and that Russia is preparing a false flag attack against their own people as a pretext for the invasion.

It's actually just funny now at this stage how much the West is hyping this up for their own benefit and even funnier how easily people are falling for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I know it's truly hype to deploy 100k troops against two borders of a neighbouring country when that specific country has made zero moves to invade.

Its all a bit odd, right. I mean you do these things... Just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

Channel 4 news ran a good story this evening on how their report from a day or two ago was picked up by Russian media, mistranslated to make out the west are the instigators and rebroadcast on their version of RTE1... give it a watch... even get one of your comrades to retranslate independently what was said..

There is a different narrative on the situation, the Kremlin said “The key question was ignored – how the United States and its allies intend to follow the principle of security integrity … that no one should strengthen their security at the expense of another country’s security,”

The other narrative is that the build up of troops on the Ukraine border was done purely out of fears for their own security, similar to the Cuban missile crisis.

I myself personally find this narrative far more realistic than the Western narrative, that Russia put all those troops on the border because they are preparing for an "imminent invasion" and that Russia is preparing a false flag attack against it's own people as a pretext for the invasion.

Ukraine are also telling the west to stop creating panic over the situation, Russia also says it has no plans of invading, I'm not saying the Russian narrative is 100% true, what I'm claiming is that anyone with half a brain can see that the Russian narrative is far more realistic than the one being promoted by the American and British governments and intelligence services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Standard MO from MFPM,,,,his posts are liberally peppered by use of derogatory words in his reply's...... Nonsense, Bizarre, Lad, Thin skinned, Assumptions, Smart ass, Hilarious, Disingenuous, Sanctimonious, and the latest one, replying to your post.... Arrogance. Wonder what drives a person to this level of discussion??? Its really strange. I might agree or disagree with a post, and argue a point, but I'd never stoop to using words / phrases belittling the poster.😎

Enough with your narrative talk.

What imminent security threat have Russia faced since invading and talking a large portion of Ukraine territory.

Since you are calling this laughably a defensive action.

I'm not, I'm looking at the facts and have come to the conclusion the Russian narrative is far more realistic than the Western one, the facts are Russia said they have no plans to invade, Ukraine is telling the West to stop creating panic over the situation and that they don't see the situation now as any worse than before.

While the intelligence agencies and the British and American governments are telling us that an invasion is imminent and that Russia is preparing a false flag attack against it's own people as a pretext for the invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Stanley 1

Putin's main goal is to get very very rich along with the Oligarchs and uses the army to pursue these goals, there ain't no idealism involved, if some of his get killed, so what, there are plenty more can be conscripted.

I didn't ask you that.

I asked you specific question what threat are Russia under that's immenient according to the Russians that needs 100k troops.

Stop avoiding questions and trying to change the story and the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

the reason they asked them to reduce coverage is because it's feeding mis-information machine in Russia which is fueling Russian internal propaganda that the west and Ukraine are the issue

• Advertisement

What? They never asked them to decrease coverage, they asked them to stop creating panic over the situation, stating that they don't see the situation as any worse than before.

Sorry I can't reply to the rest of your post as it is not a coherent sentence and I can't understand what you mean.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement