Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Unlike the rest of the people on this thread I don't just look at the media from one side, when looking at world matters like these I look at different media from around the world, I Google translate articles from media outlets in Ukraine, Russia, China, even articles from the middle East so I can make a well informed decision and have an actual opinion not influenced by solely listening to one side of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

I actually cant stop laughing at this lmao who are you trying to cod harry xD Ah stop boards never gets old!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

Youre totally missing the point. Ukraine have been under threat from Russia for nearly a decade now. War has been "imminent" to them every day. Theyve already been invaded, and theyre already in battle in the Donbas, every day. Russia has amassed tens of thousands of troops and weapons systems and vehicles on their border. Russia cyber attacked Ukrainian govt sites. As I already said Ukraine are arming themselves by the day with state of the art weaponry. They dont believe they will be invaded any second now as Russia still is building forces but they accept an invasion is very possible in the near future. There's no narrative here. Ukraine HAS been invaded already and Russia are upping the ante. Nato won't meet their demands so Putin has to react soon. Its very simple stuff.

Are you in all honestly expecting anyone to believe that waffle? honestly lmao i hope your being paid to spout this nonsense! comrade! lmao

You're having a laugh, Ukraine doesn't believe there's going to be any invasion either, in fact the president claims he doesn't see the situation as any worse than before.

As I've said before the only way people on this thread argue is by making up their own conspiracies and claiming I believe them. I claimed the story of an invasion being "imminent" and also the story that Russia is planning a false flag attack against their own people is propaganda. Yet people on here ignore that and make up imaginary claims that I'm saying there are no troops on the border.

• Advertisement

And PLEASE quote where I have denied any of that? All I have denied is that an invasion is "imminent" and that "Russia is currently planning a false flag attack against their own people as a pretext for the invasion". as has been claimed by the US and British governments and the CIA.

My opinion is backed up by Ukrainian opinion, the Ukrainian president himself Speaking to foreign reporters in Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, on Friday, The president said Ukraine's economy had been damaged by what he said was a false perception that Ukraine is on the brink of war, he called on the West to stop creating panic over the situation.

"doesn't see the situation as any worse than before." And what was the situation before ? lol

Of course comrade i whole heartedly believe you! everyone else is a conspiracy theorist and the invasion of ukraine is a myth! Got it loud and clear comrade! lol

So do you believe the Ukrainian president who is trying to protect his economy and prevent social unrest and chaos or do you believe two of the best intelligence agencies in the world? Look at Ukraine's actions, citizens arming themselves, trenches on their Russian border, importing Nato arms and that will give you a hint as to what they really think and believe. There is no western propaganda on this. Up until this crisis America did not give a hoots about Russia. That ship sailed in the 90s. They're not an economic nor geopolitical threat to America. They have no reason for anti Russian propaganda anymore. Their eyes are firmly fixed on China now.

Where I do agree with you is that Russia are not yet in a position to invade but theyre getting there if they eventually decide to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Something will have to happen for Russia to be "provoked" into invading.

Ukraine are playing it cool. Not flinching. They know the drill.

The Yanks are gagging for something to happen. Their internals will be pushing for something to flog off some military contracts. They are not involved in any major disputes, so it's a bleak time for those military weapons manufacturers.

There is three potential scenarios here with the military buildup:

1. Putin intends a military strike or invasion, he is keeping the West in talks and guessing as he prepares the invasion force. If he gets what he wants from negotiations great, but he doesn't expect to and has already decided on war.
    2. Putin does not intend to invade but it is merely a bluff and negotiation tactic. He's aware intelligence agencies will watch the buildups every move so it must look as realistic as possible. If his bluff is called he will look like an idiot and weak.
    3. Putin doesn't even know himself yet. But he continues talks and amasses an invasion force simultaneously and sees how it all plays out.

Either way there is no other reason for this military buildup on three sides of Ukraine other than to strike or give a replica imitation of preparing to. It is extremely hard for anyone to decipher this right now but if Putin doesnt get his demands met (which is very unlikely) or something close, and doesnt make a military move now he is finished. Theres no way the west could be spinning such a scenario. If they were than what are Russia doing if not them three above scenarios?

• Advertisement

You must be having a laugh, you seem to hold these agencies up as some sort of Romantic groups that could do no wrong, do you think those intelligence services wouldn't make and hype things up for their own benefit? Like the claims by the CIA that "Russia is currently planning a false flag attack against their own people as a pretext for the invasion".

So no to answer your question I take everything these agencies say with a pinch of salt, these agencies have told some of the biggest lies in recent history, they told me there were WMDs in Iraq and that Saddam Hussein was training Al Qaeda operatives "that could kill hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians in the USA". And even after all of that, I still wasn't prepared for the amount of post invasion deceptions that followed, but now in 2022 I have a hard time believing anything they say especially when it comes to international conflicts.

Agreed, that's how the Ukrainians themselves see it and I agree with them.

So you agree that russia is trying to invade the ukraine then? lol

and the "provoked" is said in the sense that russia will "provoke" themselves when the time suits them.

Absolutely, thats a very valid point about the wmd's in Iraq. But why do you think Russia has it's military on ukraines borders and is growing by the week and launched a cyber attack on the ukranians?,,,,and invaded crimea and is backing militant separatists in east ukraine? Is Colin Powell back from the dead and falsifying photos and hiring actors to pretend to be Russian military and little green men?

Only in 2022 could the level of misinformation and disinformation polarising society could you have patriotic republican nutters in America supporting Russia hell bent on defeating American hegemony, left wingers in Ireland defending a super wealthy, authoritarian, right wing, nationalist dictator and then edgelord conspiracy theorists online believing that Russia being behind the largest mobilization of troops in Europe since WW2 is somehow the west being hysterical and spreading propaganda. Putin's troll farms really have done a number on us. The man's a genius.

If you bothered to look at other sources of information other than the usual Western ones you would have listed a wide range of scenarios, countries like Ukraine, China, countries in the middle East all have a different narrative on what's going on, the exact numbers of troops on the border is disputed by Ukraine and other countries like China. Zelenskiy said Friday that satellite images alone were insufficient to assess the extent of the military buildup, he claims the West is vastly overestimating the claims.

He called on the west to stop creating panic on the situation. “We are grateful to the U.S. for the support for our independence and territorial integrity,” Zelenskiy told foreign media on Friday in the capital Kyiv. “But I am the president of Ukraine, I am here and I know more details and I have deeper knowledge than any other president.”

The opinion of the Ukrainians is that Russia wants to annex minor pro Russian Ukrainian territory such as Crimea and Donbas, but believe the Russians have no intention on taking the rest of Ukraine, they don't deny that the situation could escalate leading to war but they regard that possibility as unlikely and accuse the Americans and British of hyping up the situation as they think that it would suit them if it happened.

Ukraine are saying the same as the western hooligans with regard the scale of the buildup. Over 1000,00. and risen to nearly 130,000 this week, so what is there to dispute? https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-says-russia-has-nearly-100000-troops-near-its-border-2021-11-13/

You also say Ukraine say Russia want to annex Crimea,....they already did that in 2014...and annexing Donbas equates to an invasion.... I presume the Americans and British are forcing Putin to move troops to Belarus just north of the border of Kyiv too?

Oh man your points have been destroyed so often on here your posts are just a parody of the previous ones at this point lol

That article is from months ago when things first started to surface, the president has changed his opinion since then.

I'm saying that the taking of Donbas is a realistic possibility in the future, while the Invasion of Kiev is extremely unlikely unless the situation changes dramatically. The largely pro Russian population of Donbas are currently fighting for their independence from Ukraine to join Russia, the Russians view the pro Russian speaking population of Donbas and the overwhelmingly pro Russian population of Crimea as their own people and want to make them part of Russia, these are the areas that are under a realistic threat of being invaded by Russia in the future.

• Advertisement

Just remember that the USA and UK have told the biggest lies in recent history to gain support for wars, lies that if I had have questioned at the time on boards, you lot would have been saying the same thing you are saying now, that I am a conspiracy theorist who has fell victim to Iraqi propaganda. I'm not claiming there are no troops on the border as some keep saying, what I'm claiming is the same thing both Ukraine and Russia and other countries around the world are claiming, that there is no "imminent invasion" and that Russia is not "currently planning a false flag attack against it's own people as a pretext for the invasion".

Look don't get me wrong, I get it, you are all getting educated on this subject from Western media, you identify strongly with the Americans and British and take their narrative more seriously than anyone else, just remember that Russia, Ukraine, China and middle Eastern countries all have a very different view on the situation for the massive build up of troops, China for example says that the massive build up of troops on the border is defensive and that Russias security concerns should be taken seriously, now I know what your going to say, we cannot believe a word from the Russians or Chinese and it's all propaganda and the only ones we can trust are the United States and the UK who don't partake in any of that behaviour, but even Ukraine claims that the USA and UK are hyping up the situation and the President of Ukraine called on them to stop creating panic over the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭MFPM

Back to those homophobic accusations, any sign of evidence or are you happy to be a liar?

Attack you? Where did I attack you? Might I suggest you report the post to the mods so?

Thetruth89 wants the truth but is not prepared to find the truth because he already knows the truth...

I stand behind every single post I've made. You're quite right it is a discussion board and I have contributed to that discussion and my posts are on the record the fact you're too lazy too read back through is your problem not mine.

Still no invasion....maybe Tomorrow...we await with bated breath..

This is amusing, the has been quite a liberal sprinkling of attack on me by some of your like minded friends here yet they've apparently gone over your head judging by your silence on them. I call someone's post disingenuous because it is and you're offended...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

@Harryd225 I take it you can only use google translate and throw some random history references together to try provoke reaction about anything that sticks...

If not, please, comment on the video about Russian dis-information and Channel 4's broadcast being doctored....

If not, we can throw random references too:

-Chechnya

-CAF

-Syria

-Afghanistan

-Domestic voting rigging

-civil rights

-no free speech

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

Anyone stop to think that there wouldn't be a huge mass of Russian soldiers on the Ukrainian boarder if the west didn't make such a fuss?

That's right, because they would be in Ukraine already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No man. They'd be just in donbass because people can speak Russian in donbass. And that's all they want just donbass. And they're entitled to it sure look at my point above about people speaking Russian.

This all gravy. That's not invasion it's.. Erm rescue. It's immancipation. Man...

They'll be over to emancipate other Russian speaking areas of Europe soon, because its legit.

There's an immenent threat to Russia from non emancipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I couldn’t be bothered posting anything about the CIA or MI5 controlling the media so why are you lying saying I have?

Anyhow I just presume most reasonably intelligent people have heard of Operation Mockingbird.

• Advertisement

Just browsed the last hundred and something odd replies, because you know I have a life, one thing caught my attention. Those who are referring to Zelensky call for calm and not panic are leaving something out which has been pointed out in the press. That he is at the same time rather urgently calling for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of defensive weaponry.

So, Russia is moving most (?) of it's military, in some cases over 9,000km distance, to the borders of Ukraine NOT to start an invasion and Ukraine is scrounging the globe for defensive weaponry to defend itself from an invasion that ISN'T imminent.

Right........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement