Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Excellently thought out reply. You should look up what democracy is. There is plenty of good information online describing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You don't half read some nonsense on this thread....

Lockdowns were passed via TDs who are voted in by people....what do you suggest..a referendum on each one... during a pandemic?!?...lol

No need for the quotations around vaccines...I don't really think people need to "vote" for vaccines...I get the feeling people would vote to have vaccines available....

COVID passes were and are used in plenty of other countries to gain access to indoor services...but they are gone now here bar foreign travel pretty much.

I don't think anyone voted for homelessness....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

it seems more to me that you don't like the control being taken out of your hands.

From a personal perspective, life is moving from a physical to a digital era... the only thing you will probably physically own is a means to access that digital arena (phone, laptop, tablet etc....) and the clothes on your back with some personal possessions..

cars are moving towards autonomy, to a point where Uber in the future won't need a driver... if you have "driver as a service" you get rid of the need for having a drivers licence or owning a car.... the biggest thing a lot of people will own is a home** (* if they ever can)...

Ireland is a very poor example to compare to, but there are schemes in Germany and The Netherlands when you rent a home for life. These schemes are becoming more and more popular as you have a known quantity of housing that you know will get fed back into the local housing market at some point, and not sold off to equity funds, developers, or held up in years of inheritance arguments... These are secured by the Government after 2 years, and pretty hard to get kicked out from (unless you're a total fuckwit). These are the models Ireland should be looking at, as with this level of control and introduction of they houses they said they would build, you could easily get everyone into homes that need to.

Will there be single individuals who benefit out of this... of course, always have, always will

What are you doing about it? You are on an internet forum pissing a moaning about a WEF paper which was produced to anticipate these changes (they aren't the instigators, they are adapting like everyone else) ...

"I won't own this, I won't own that"... times are changing, you either get on board, or go out and launch a disruptor service, or more likely in your case, sit behind a screen and piss and moan about it and do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

The point is you vote for a group of stated policies but often get things you would never have voted for. Would ppl have voted for lockdowns (which were unheard of at the time, fair to say they would have been a conspiracy theory 😃) or vaccine apartheid passes? Some polls suggested 80% would have been against them.

Because they are used elsewhere is no recommendation. They are gone FOR NOW. I want to see them gone for good never to come back, just like Naziism 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Klaus schwab is a billionaire? He's not even a millionaire 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am not sure parties would have clear policies on how to act in a pandemic.

The COVID certs, I entirely doubt your 80 percent figure. In fact anything I can find says pretty much the opposite.

76 percent in favour.

The constant use of the term Nazi and apartheid pass is truly embarassing.

COVID certs/tests will be needed for travel for the time being, it's no big deal imo

How was anyone expected to have stated policies for a pandemic they didn’t know would happen and that is very fluid?

When’s your next stand up show. Your thought process is hilarious and I’d pay good money that you’d get to keep, just to see your show.

Lol, thats a lot of stuff.

So are you saying you'd be happy not to own your own house or car?

Fair to say we are both sitting behind screens pissing and moaning, thats the nature of this medium.

Perhaps you should retire from it and stop adding to the pissing and moaning? 😃

We're a long long way from Apartheid and Naziism, you're mis-representing everyone who even slightly experienced either of those regimes by even trying to compare.

If you thought they were comparable, you're going to have a tough time the rest of your life. God forbid you get told no by someone, might cause a panic attack.

Ah ffs, well I sure wouldn't listen to a submillionare 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

See. Weaseled away from the question.

Typical.

However it's not a theory I'm proposing. It's a theory you lot are proposing. It's been claimed many times on this thread by conspiracy theorists like yourself. If you disagreed with it you'd have just said so. Instead you dance and dodge. Conspiracy theorists like yourself aren't very honest which is why no one takes you very seriously.

But it was a speculative article. They are very clear on this.

I suspect however you didn't actually read it. Not have you actually read the book.

Most likely you only read what you were told by people on Twitter running a conspiracy grift. You never bothered to think very deeply about those tweets and now like a good drone you're repeating what you've been told to.

I know, tough work for someone like yourself to work through..

Personally, not having to worry about a car and just order one when I need one, sounds great.

The German/Dutch housing schemes, can't fault them, secure housing through to retirement also with tapered down payments to match your means, I have a few colleagues who avail of it, and are paying rent which is cheaper than a mortgage because there is no interest on payments....

I'm not moaning at all, just pointing out your false information and your circular arguments, where you regurgitate crap, don't think about things critically, and when you run out of diarrhoea to spout, you start trying to get personal...

rinse repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I am referencing them. I wouldn't call myself a "conspiracy theorist" but I've presented one or two conspiracy theories here, it was pretty easy. Explain what the conspiracy is, answer whatever questions you can, give evidence, let people make up their minds.

You are stuck on step 1. For the 6th or 7th time do you have a conspiracy related to measures being "permanent"? If no, that's fine

Lol, thats a laugh, you're the one getting personal...pissing and moaning 😂

You can hire taxis now and you can rent, so let's know how you get on in a few months/years with that and good luck...you'll need it 😆

I don't, other than they haven't gone away yet. Let's wait and see 👍

this wait and see game is a little old.... maybe it's like the buses, if I light a smoke, 2 wait and sees will come at once

Okay, I'll accept for now it was mere speculation, let's hope they kick it to touch asap.

I could level similar accusations at the likes of you, you don't think for yourself you just regurgitate whatever varadkar and his msm tell you. Getting personal and levelling such accusations is a bit of a waste of everyone's time I reckon.

Well until the vax apartheid pass is done away with...its still here, so your notion that the restrictions are over is nonsense.

What do you think, have we seen the last of it for restaurants and bars?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Varadkar is now in control of the world's media? Did anyone let the Murdochs know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Common sense measures dealing with a global pandemic compared to Fascism, Nazi Germany and Apartheid. No grasp of reality + no grasp of history all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭wassie

Yeah this guy....the puppet-master.

The real conspiracy is did he eat it afterwards?

Apartheid? Ended years ago.

Covid passes, can I see them being in use for the foreseeable? Yes I do. Does everyone have to use it to move about? No they do not. At this moment in time you can enter over 90% of countries with a covid test or proof of recovery.

Pub and restaurants? You've obviously not left your house the last few days...

Will there be restrictions again? In Ireland, if there is a dangerous variant which results in a surge of hospital bed use, yes I do, because 2 years into this, nothing has changed in the Irish health system to allow for the weathering of these soon to be higher bed numbers, not only from a Covid point of view, but from a general population expansion and aging point of view...

Will those restrictions be like what we've had.... it will be very hard for the government to justify it, I do see restrictions akin to the 2018 flu season occurring more frequently (if you have no clue what I'm on about, good for you, it means you had no interaction with hospitals during it, anyone who was in a hospital during it, will know it was one step short of what we now know as covid restrictions)....

Except, no you can't. That's a tactic you might be able to get away with when you're with your friends between classes.

But in grown up conversations, the "nuh uh you are too" stuff doesn't really work.

I do think about conspiracy theories. I question things beyond the base level. I actually read stuff rather than just accept what I'm told about it.

For example, you've just admitted to not having read the article or the book.

SInce that's the case, where precisely are you getting your information about it? What do you personally do to fact check this stuff and make sure it's actually true.

Again, because like most conspiracy theorists you aren't very honest, you will ignore this question entirely. Because the answer is that you don't fact check anything. You don't actually make sure it's true. You just accept it's true because you're told it and it agrees with your childish worldview.

Yup. The Irish government is in control of all media and all scientific institutions and the scientists and doctors who are part of them.

Yet for some reason Leo et al need these elaborate plans to take over a world they already apparently control?

Yet also Leo isn't even in charge of Ireland?

Gosh kinda seems like that silly conspiracy claim doesn't really make any sense if you actually apply even the barest amount of thought to it...

There you go again, I agree with something you've said but you go the personal route again 🙄

You've little enough to offer the discussion except insults, so I think we're done here 👍

Lol. I'm not insulting you, I'm just stating facts. Your worldview is ignorant and childishly simple. You are not honest because you keep avoiding questions you don't want to answer.

SO again, please tell us what you do to actually fact check the things you read on twitter.

No more dodging. No deflection. Just answer the question directly and honestly.

If you don't, you're proving my point.

Why the need for the big exaggerations? I never said he controls the worlds media, he certainly controls a good lump of our msm though. He says jump, they ask how high.

• Advertisement

Well there you go then, its not over...till it's over. Vax apartheid is our future...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement