Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

I might stand corrected on that. The Citizens Advice website gave the link to that page under CTA but I think it may have been for travellers originating from outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The end is nigh! Even the Austrians have started to return to civilised behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The UK.Gov site also specifically mentions the CTA a bit further on......https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#ireland-the-uk-the-channel-islands-and-the-isle-of-man

Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man

If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you do NOT need to:

complete a passenger locator form

take any COVID-19 tests

quarantine on arrival in England

This only applies if you have not been outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in the 10 days before the day you arrive in England. If you have, you must follow the international travel rules in the place where you arrive.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

NHS drops proposed mandatory vaccination of the their staff hear hear !!

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So vaccinated and boosted Trudeau has now apparently tested positive for covid. Hes really proving the case for forced vaccination of truckers to stop them bringing covid cases into Canada right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Yeah I’m Irish but live in England, have travelled home twice since it all began and never has any test been needed to enter England from Ireland, there has been rules to enter Ireland from England though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Is it really thought it was end Feb.

Hopefully to God the damn things are gone

Supermarkets will probably keep them or maybe the vulnerable can use these special masks to protect themselves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

From overhearing staff chatting in the supermarket the other day, they want rid of them too.

I see a lot of staff these days with them under their chins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They need to drop the open windows and doors in the schools now too. It was baltic yesterday and my kids were complaining they were freezing in school. If offices and shops dont need doors and windows wide open then why do schools need to do so in mid winter?, time to end this nonsense.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Absolutely. Total nonsense having children sitting in the freezing cold wrapped up like they are going to the Arctic. And some schools don't allow them to wear coats in class!

There's a huge amount of money being wasted on heating bills in schools with the heat pissing out the windows. Climate crisis how are ya.

There's an air of vindictiveness about it. I can't for the life of me understand it. We've more regard for pint drinking than educating our children in some degree of comfort.

Covid has highlighted that the vast majority of people only signal their morals. And they are completely dependent on what's popular at the time. They can vanish in a heartbeat to be replaced by a completely contrary set of morals.. Shallow doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I got tackled last week for not wearing my mask when I walked into the work canteen.

The lad who tackled me got covid in the pub a while back, and still goes to the pub every weekend, without the mask of course.

Lots of space between the tables in the canteen, so there's no fear of ever getting covid there, but you know, rules are rules 🙄

TBH you've gone a bit defiant and militant about this anyway, when you could just explain your principles to the chap while you very considerately put your mask on. Conversation about masks over!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Not really , they are still mandating the vaccine.

Their utterly evil sociopathic "health" minister (relation of Mengele maybe?) said it was "necessary" .

She obviously hasn't read the Nuremberg code.

The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision

Wow!! You would think the Austrians of all people would know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I suppose one thing that they will be looking at is what happened in England when they removed the mask mandate, case numbers went nuts for a few weeks. Sounds bad but from an immunology perspective not an aufully bad thing and it wouldn't be too bad if it happened here with omicron

Agree that it should eventually become optional. We never wore masks for the much deadlier annual influenza virus after all, vaccines were enough then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Not really, considering they vilified pubs for two years while insisting schools were safe, despite schools being the main driver of at least one wave of Covid.

That said, says everything about the media in this country that none of them are asking what the justification is for maintaining such restrictions now in the supposedly safe schools, when everywhere else in society has opened up. Don't think there's a single actual journalist left in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Schools are safer than pubs though, in schools you can very easily contact trace and you can antigen test all the kids and teachers daily.

Our govt did neither - which actually made schools less safe than pubs... Only in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Don't want to be negative here, and I noted happily that they weren't going to announce cases in hospitals and ICU numbers over weekends anymore in the media.

However, on listening to the news yesterday RTE just said there were 3,872 cases yesterday and made no reference to the numbers that occurred on Saturday and Sunday!

Fortunately my update from Journal.ie sorted that out, it seems there were 26,000 new cases between PCR and DIY tests, Saturday, Sunday and Monday inclusive, so cases as bad as ever it seems to me!

WTF RTE don't publish Deaths on a Daily basis is a National Disgrace. Publishing once a week nullifies the effect and sweeps the issue under the carpet.

Even Boris's crew for all the things going on there and also N. Ireland give out proper stats on a daily basis including Deaths. Reporting like that is needed to frighten people who haven't taken the vaccine to get it. We are too softly softly here.

In fact it sounds to me like our Government are in denial and trying to tell everyone we are safe now whereas that cannot be the case! Unless the vaccine stats get near to 100% we will be back in the mire come the next awkward variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

''Reporting like that is needed to frighten people ''

WHAT??? We need to move on from this, it is not healthy to want to encourage to frighten people to do something.. not healthy AT ALL.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

My wife was turned away from the driving test center this morning because she hadn't taken an antigen test in the last 24 hours. Shes fully boosted and not sick at all, which is why she hadn't. Apparently this came into effect on January 17th however it seems they didn't tell anyone that had already booked about this new requirement. Talk about a farce, going backwards.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

According to RSA they ask you, but don't need to see the result.. its the same for driving lessons as far as I know..its for the tester, so you don't knowingly get into the car with covid.

RSA website notes, you dont have to bring the test result with you and show anyone.. so its up to the person-to be honest or not.

I think prior to this, you had to be vaccinated - I could be wrong here too.. going on driving lesson info and not driving test..

From Monday 17 January 2022, you must take a covid-19 antigen test within 24 hours of your driving test. This is to reduce the risk of spreading covid-19. 

• Please take your antigen test at home and before coming to your test. You don't need to bring it with you to the test centre. 
    • Your driver tester will ask you to confirm that you’ve taken an antigen test and that the result was negative.
    • If you haven’t taken an antigen test or have a positive result, your driving test won’t go ahead. You will be sent a new invitation to book another driving test free of charge.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

One side thinking RTE reporting deaths once a week is sweeping it under the carpet, the other thinking it is to have a suitably high number to increase the fear. The reality being the figures are only released once per week by the HSPC for about the last 8 months. This being because daily death numbers are meaningless because the proximity of reporting to actual day of death varies massively depending and where and on which day it occurs and you had one sidew always shouting "Doom" at a high number on a Tuesday and the other shouting "its over" at a low number on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, I heard about something about this but you just have to say you've done it and don't need to show proof of a result.

Unfortunately she didnt cop why he was asking her that and told the truth, test over. In fairness they will reschedule for free because of this but the stress of waiting for the test etc isnt nice to have to go though all over again for nothing. Now i've got to go on more drives with her around the test route bored to tears! I dont know who is more upset about it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, it's understandable.

I suppose all you can do is email the RSA and make sure they inform learners of it via text/email before hand.

Advertisement