Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meh........they would have been better off going for Nihon Falcom and Atlas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

When pre-ordering on Gamestop, the €5 "deposit", is this lost if I cancel?

I don't quite trust that the game will be delivered on release date, which lands on a Friday. (Elden Ring)

It's possible to have both. But I agree that gameplay is more important.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,809 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is a great interview. A girl who grew up in the arcades in the 70's, gamer nearly 50 years before becoming a mod for the Dying Light subreddit. It's rare i post on Reddit but the DL sub is definitely one of the friendliest I've encountered and a lot of that is down to GamerMom being so friendly and helpful.

Very interesting listen on how she deals with being a mod, gamer and mom with rheumatoid arthritis and staying positive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement

Sorry but not feeling Deaths Door. I've got to stop listening to Parris Wiley hyping sh!te games up. He lost all respect from me after the carry on out of him over cyber punk. Again Deaths Door, hyped to bejaysus and seriously I don't know how anyone can give it more than a meh. Respect to the 2 guys who made it, it get that aspect of it that it's fantastic from just 2 guys and I hope they get the success they need and come out with more games. But seriously, l'm glad the game was "free" on game pass and I don't feel that I have to play it and pretend to enjoy it because I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I was really enjoying it. Lovely flow to it and some gorgeous graphics. Like <franchise that can not be mentioned> with easier puzzles and harder bosses. Plus, and this is a big plus, it's a short game. It's fun to explore and find the power ups in the isometric world. Then I came across some PITA boss and I'm taking a break. I don't have the time or patience for that at the moment.

I really really want to get OlliOlli World on launch but his have to push it back a few months. As many things as Danny Trejo is in, I was not expecting him to pop up in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That man will take any job! Legend!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was listening to a podcast with him and he is so grateful of getting out of his old life and into acting. He was saying that he turns up to auditions for student films and takes part in the projects to help people get into the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't argue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Team17s foray into NFTs lasted around 33 hours.

"Team17 is today announcing an end to the MetaWorms NFT project. We have listened to our teamsters, development partners, and our games’ communities, and the concerns they’ve expressed, and have therefore taken the decision to step back from the NFT space."

In case anyone missed the Boards Game Awards thread, here is the link to quickly vote. Mr. E put this together so would be great to take minute and vote for your favourite games of 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm playing the original Watch Dogs game. Aiden Pearce 4evr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Quite possibly the worst protagonist in any game that I have played. Even the randomly generated blank slates in Legion were more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ok, last boss on Deaths Door and I'm done. Not sure what next, might be Outer Wilds while it's still on GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know people didn't like him, but he suited the game more than these flashy not-Saints Row but wants to be Saints Row annoying characters. I'll take emotionless over annoying. As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a sequel to Watch_Dogs. Just 2 spin offs. 2 bad spin offs (even though I haven't played Legion, but I just know it's not a game for me).

Started up Little Big Workshop from Now, i'm a sucker for these types of games so will tie me over until Dying Light 2 tomorrow, and will be a nice little inbetween game for when I need a break from DL2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

But he has a cool hat

• Advertisement

Watching the apprentice atm and their task is to design a game from scratch and work with a dev to bring them to life. I have to admit that when i was trying to think what I would do to have a successful pitch, my mind went straight to microtransactions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭McFly85

Currently playing a few things in the backlog, finding it difficult to settle because I know everything will be dropped in a couple of weeks when Elden Ring is out.

Currently it’s Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Disco Elysium & Metal Gear Rising.

Fire emblem is great an seemingly like advance wars half the game is a tutorial before the real stuff happens, haven’t really managed to get into DE, I think I’ll need to devote my full focus to that at some point. Metal Gear Rising is showing its age a bit - sometimes fantastic and suitably bonkers but the controls are sometimes fiddly and the camera is unforgivable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I found the DLC in Watch Dogs 2 and Legion to be better than those two main games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OlliOlli World seems to be getting some great reviews. I liked the first but bounced off the second. The team seem to have taken a big swing with this one and happy to see it pay off review-wise for them at least! Might have to give it a try when it’s out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I wasn't really too high on it until the reviews came out and Eurogamer beaming about it really sold it.

I absolutely loved OlliOlli 2 so was looking forward to World but just a bad month for release. I decided to put off Sifu for a while but still on the fence whether to get OlliOlli or wait a bit. Definitely gonna get it at some stage and agree, happy out for the devs it's reviewing well.

Does anyone else prefer Sonic games to Mario games despite growing up with a SNES?

Oh god no. I was a SNES boy, so Mario would be better by default, but I never got the love for the hold right simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No I prefer Mario but admittedly I never played a sonic game properly. My cousin who I would only see rarely(living on other side of country) had a Sega Megadrive with a sonic game and I only played the first level. As in I never got to sit down and play it or learn to play it but I have played many Mario games properly as in start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The first Mario game was more of a hold right simulator. Sonic you could and sometimes had to go left.

Advertisement