Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do these Parts work together and why do they not work for me :(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Shot in the dark here, but I once had a problem with the reset switch on the case. I unplugged that from the section where the case's front panel connects to the motherboard and it worked fine.

Failing that, just verify the front panel connections are correct and PSU to motherboard connectors are all secure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

BTW: "Onboard" graphics for the Ryzen series of processors only work with the G series of (APU) chips, 2200g, 5600g etc. - there's no "onboard" graphics in the classic sense on the motherboards like there used to be. So no point trying to setup without a separate graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ryzen 2700 does not have onboard graphics.

Can you confirm you plugged the display cable into the graphics card and NOT the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Yeah, tried it with and without graphics card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Ryzen 2700 does not have onboard graphics.

You literally cannot get a video signal without a graphics card installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had this problem before and it was that the HDMI wasn't working but would work with the DP cable into the GPU

what GPU is it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Firstly makes sure you have the monitor plugged into the 1060 and not the motherboard.

Next, that motherboard would most definately been configured for Ryzen 3xxx and 5xxx processors. You will need to down step the bios. That board comes with a flashback option so you should be able to do it with the 2700 installed. Just follow the instructions on the Asus support site

Advertisement