Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Psssst Rene, it is I LeClerc ze mastour of disguise 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I thought she might have read them a poem about st Brigid or some sh1t

I'm not sure the Audience on this Thread would have survived dat Cawlur, the show was bad enough without a mutual love fest between the Host and Imelda , coupled with a Poem, it would have been vomit inducing, so to speak 🤢

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"Mia contacted us yesterday", says Joe.

No she didn't Joe -you contacted her while rounding up the usual muppets from the the last time you "discussed" this topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

She's green Joe, she's the apple of me eye Joe, so that make's her Green.... or Jesus Joe she could be red, or even one of those fancy pink ones... I'll have to check Joe

Precisely, I reckon all the contributors let it slip , they were called 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Snowflakes again.

Mental elf.

Hostibble visits. Woman pays one turd of her pension on parking - if only there was such a thing as public transport? To be fair she may not have access to public transport but could she perhaps park somewhere nearby for free (or cheaper) and walk the rest of the way is not a question Joe will ask.

Savage spitting incident in the unadulterated kip.

A D4-head or more likely a daughter of an RTÉ staffer or luvvie (probably) goes off on a day tip somewhere and gets abused online for it. While most normal people would ignore it and get on with their lives she took time to contact Da Lahv Lahn and tell everyone about it - or more likely the researchers contacted her when they were searching for content on social media on dis caller-driven show.

Barely a whisper this morning about the dastardly department of educations ongoing appalling, shocking, vicious treatment of our next generation.

Joe's loosing his Shock Tatic mojo, so to speak, no doubt he'll blame the Russians for his dip in relevancey, so to speak .

Not the first time he's had a foreign Nation in his sights, a little nugget from da Archives, hilarious if Cawlurs have time to listen back , listen out for the "Shyte on Your Shoe's bit" 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On the show today....

• E mails have been dominated by poor downtrodden students, who's dreams and aspirations are ruined by commie teacher unions.
    • A repeat of a moan student from last year, Mia the hybrid Pariah. Never have Irish kids been as badly abused by the education system!!!
    • Something else about wimmin and sauce boccles Daily Mail style.
    • Visiting hospipitubals; a pensioner cawlur who probably ringed up on the old number ages ago but she says that the parking bill's does be do be do be 1/3 of her pension. We find out what sort of a car she drives.
    • A wimmin put her holibop pics on Instant Gran n got all sorts of victory all from people.

All this and other important matters of the day from 1:45PM....

• Advertisement

O, this has potential 😏 will the color of the Pensioners car be disclosed Cawlur 🤣🤣

That's the one, it's hilarious 😂 😃 😄, before my time , observing Joe Duffy, so to speak

St. Brigid’s Day (best read in Jim Larkin’s voice)

St. Brigid’s Day, St. Brigid’s Day,

It’s in Feb so to speak, and not in May,

In 2-22 and 2-23, thanks to Joe Duff-fee,

We get an extra day off to drink some tea,

De Gubbermint are giving us a new day off,

Dont turn your nose up or dare to scoff,

Be thankful that Joe thinks of you,

Esp. when the licence fee is due.

De finest graduate of TCD,

Public servant, he’d work for free!

But we all know in the heel of the hunt,

He’s really just a miserable………and terrible broadcaster who represents poor value for money for the taxpayer so to speak.

While we are on the subject of classic livelines - this has to be up there:

Joe to Blindboy; "Can you talk properl?y"

Outraged caller: "It's a joke, Joe"

Blindboiy: "You got that right, kid"

• De Nigerian Embassy, I was once given the task to call upon it for work purposes to get stuff to create a promotional display on Africa. They looked upon me with very great suspicion, can’t actually remember if I got material for the project.

Big discussions today on Pension age, increasing, not increasing, Joe's ears must be pricked up, so to speak

• I’m laughing at de dichotomy between what some folk from the WFH thread imagine de young peepul will want of a wurkin environment, and doze who do be phoning de Liveline moaning dat dey couldn’t be gettin into de skewel and out and about an dat. One cohort of de WFH believe all young peepul will want to be sitting at home behind a screen all day, never to interact personally with a colleague as they are so technologically advanced compared to de old dinosaurs. It’s great hearing these young folk ringing into de Lahvlahn or having Mammy on do it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Today's show sounds like it could be a bit of a Hornet's nest wid the mammies rearing up and dat.

All hail the head Hornet !

Joe would never ask a person of colour “can you talk properly?”.

It’s a Limerick accent Joe, and guess what? As bad as it is, it’s still better and easier on the ears than yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,792 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thanks I needed a good laugh!

Username - Notwhoyouthink..

I think you are Joe Duffy or his "researchers"...

Note to self copyright the drag queen name "Polly Math"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pension age discussion today will be awkward for Joe.

Yesterday his Party Political broadcast for the upcoming Presidential election to get the kids on board will be replaced by his disgust at any attempt to increase the pension age.

All this despite the fact that a few weeks ago somebody who is 65 is only a youngster who is well able to do anything they want. But today I think the same 65 year old will be an auld crock incapable of getting out of bed in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Surely there's outrage boiling over with the standard OAP liveline listener over increase of de postage stamps that Joe need to address.

• That was like my aunt (Dad’s sister) , she went from “middle age” to “great old age” in an instant.

An outraged mammy Vs head of de oye-en-tee-oh saying will resist change in all forms would be gold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What the hell is that accent?

How do I send de voyce message on WhatsApp Joe??

• Roma…. itinerary…. You can’t say dat * 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can anyone call in to talk about their holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭archfi

SoCoDu caller on line

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement