Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

not really, I've just pointed out that most of what you say is garbage, but you're too engulfed in self prophesying to even think you could be wrong about it.

Let me guess, going to ask where you have been like this? Like I said, look at you previous posts in this thread.... numerous have been picked apart correctly and factually... but no, you could never be wrong in your eyes

so much garbage in this to even start picking apart

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The Russians are now trying to say that there is no evidence Russian troops have surrounded ukraine ,and that the WMD should be looked at as proof they have not surrounded ukraine,.

Unfortunately for Russia they haven't been able to hide the thousands of tanks , infantry vehicles, artillery , missles ,truck's, amphibious forces

Remember there's nothing to see here 😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭MFPM

Do let me know what's garbage and what's not....I'd be fascinated to be better informed by someone of you're undoubted critical thinking prowess!

I don't need to, plenty others already have, like I said.

• Advertisement

Morning All, just a quick check in to see if the 'imminent' invasion has happened? No? Right so let's see what tomorrow brings...

So you’re liberally throwing around 'garbage' but you're not prepared to illustrate the point....definition of cowardice right there!

it's not really, I agree with the sentiments with a lot of what other posters have challenged you with, which you haven't answered, shrugged off, or resorted to slagging about... so yeah, there is nothing cowardice about it when all I'll be doing is just repeating what others have asked, and to which to respond with garbage about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It was under Yeltsin that Russia became a free for fall for the goons and the oligarchs but I’m not surprised you don’t know that. The election was bought with billions of IMF loans, most of which disappeared in a black hole during Yeltsin’s watch.

The Exceptional Nation didn’t even bother to try to hide the fact that they installed their own puppet. It was all a joke and and in true American style they even made a movie of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

It is disconcerting how shrill some western governments and main stream media become over Russia conducting military exercises.

Perhaps one silver lining is that this media frenzy may drive Russia and China into a closer relationship. They should probably consider a mutual 'defence' pact.

Never mind others, have the courage of your convictions...you are liberally throwing around the term 'garbage' but you're not prepared to indicate a single post that would illustrate how you arrived at that conclusion. It's a cowardly approach to discussion and debate...

but again, it's not, like I said (I'll say it again) ....

I agree with the sentiments with a lot of what other posters have challenged you with, which you haven't answered, shrugged off, or resorted to slagging about...

anything I add will just be a repeat, so to save time, it's easier just to let you know that you're talking garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

This is the conspiratorial garbage I'm talking about.

Who's "they" Fudd? Are the political consultants (who by all accounts were useless and had f*ckall to do with the campaign) Yeltsin and his team hired the all-knowing CIA?

You're putting up a straight to video movie that no one has heard of as some sort of evidence of another spooky CIA conspiracy.

Tin foil hat merchant.

Post edited by Yurt2 on

So again, you refuse to own your allegation and back it up but you're prepared to throw it around liberally... As I said cowardice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

You’re conspiracy theory tin foil accusations have been flogged to death by now Ross but keep they coming anyway.

You’ve never heard of the Harvard boys? No?

Ask the Russians about them. They called them idiots who had limited contact with the campaign and were holed up in a hotel producing reports nobody read and had limited knowledge of Russian political culture. They came back to America trumpeting their achievements.

I'll ask again, who's "they"? Yeltsin hired no-name political consultants who did f*ckll and you're trying to infer it was all part of some grand CIA conspiracy?

My next door neighbour is American. Should I go rooting through his bins to figure out if he's part of some intelligence plot as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If putin wants a deal ,

He can withdraw from Crimea and eastern Ukraine ,

Other wise call his bluff ,and move 100,000 US and NATO troops into ukraine proper ,I would imagine the 100,000 Russians would be returned to Siberia and elsewhere to prevent them being anilated

Maybe, just maybe Russian nationalists and their useful idiot political fringe mouthpieces in the west need to accept that their standing in the world and economic problems aren't the fault of shadowy foreign intelligence agencies.

Perhaps they should accept that they have treated their near-abroad former satellite states with contempt and expect them to play a vassal role they no longer accept. That attempts at military and political coercion has driven them into the arms of Western institutions that value them as peers and not as tributary states.

That they have wasted the energy riches the country enjoys and have developed a resource curse economy devoid of innovation and productivity.

That their potential following the collapse of the USSR has been ruined by a thug political culture where dissidents are assassinated and poisoned, and independent media has been scrubbed from the landscape.

It's a pity party. Much like elements of Brexit Britain, Putin wants to be seen and treated like a great power from an indeterminate time in the past where he feels the country had more pull in the world (except this sentiment is writ-large with Russia). It's just too bad for them that their neighbours have new pals and economic relationships they find to be more reliable, and that their economy doesn't match their notions of great power status.

If Italy or South Korea (economies of roughly the same size as Russia) were banging the table beating the war drum because they felt they weren't being treated as a great power, they'd be laughed out of the room by countries little and large.

Yeah, that's the way to go, whip up further instability, provoke, provoke, provoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

If US/NATO planting 100000 troops and armaments in Ukraine is provocation, what is Russia amassing a similar army on the borders of Ukraine going to do?

Christ, you really are bloody clueless. If ever the expression 'can't see the wood for the trees' was relevant it's with you.

This situation is precisely about a changing global situation, the US are increasingly challenged by the rise of China in particular, to a lesser degree India, and lesser again Russia. The US will not accept any challenge to its hither to dominant global role hence NATO's aggressive expansion east and indeed the evolution of AUKUS in South East Asia.

This is also why the US have broadly ignored Europe in this crisis and left them out of talks on Ukraine. The US really doesn't give a sh!t about Ukraine, but they also know there isn't going to be an invasion but it suits their broader global strategy to whip up the crisis and try to weaken Putin...

As I said in a previous post, the Saudi war machine is bombing the sh!t out of Yemen, killing huge numbers of innocent civilians, where's the condemnation, where's the moral crusade from the US and UK?

India?

🤣🤣

Can you play the spoons? I hope so, Because "GeOpolitICaL AnalYSys" really isn't your thing

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

The most surefire way of kick starting a nuclear war.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

There seems to be a lot of name calling and personal attacks in recent pages of this thread. God knows it's frustrating at times when you think someone is engaging in bad-faith arguments and is being intentionally obtuse and I've certainly engaged in it myself at times. However at this stage I think it's worth highlighting that it's the lowest form of debate. It makes the thread difficult to read if it's just people squabbling amongst themselves taking pot shots at each other. I know that this particular forum is full of threads that fit that description but this one has been pretty decent on that front and hopefully we can get back to that.

I’ve started to imagine the posters on both sides of this thread as weapons. But I don’t know much about different types of weapons so you’re all water pistols with some holding water balloons that they drop every now and then 😂

I’ve found myself just scrolling through the last few days tbh. Any news on our fishermen?

I expected this kind of response, it's in keeping with your approach on the thread thus far. At least you've exposed yourself in full view...

Indeed, we are where we are but your position is to provoke it further, not very sensible or useful.

You may want to take a look at the US's defence and political cooperation with India on matters Pakistan and China before you off on another tinfoiler and making grand pronouncements about America being challenged by India.

You're causing yourself a great deal of embarrassment with your posts.

And once again, this thread is about Russia and it's bellicose actions to neighbours. Your Ayatollah of Iran posting style about the great Imperial American Satan is wildly off topic and diversionary besides being ridiculous. It's designed to be diversionary.

• Advertisement

Not only are my MIC's bombs more virtuous and good looking than your MIC's bombs, but our bullets are more intelligent, our explosives have a finer grasp of logic, our drones have more noble intentions, and our scorched earth doomsday planning has a universal appeal that yours can only dream of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement