Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******* Motors Chat Thread *******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

quick question --->

Matador or Kuhmo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Speaking of exhausts, anyone recommend someone/some place outside of Dublin that does exhaust and manifold fabrication?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Celtic Kustoms seem to do really nice work too, I know Souhans have gone very expensive.

https://instagram.com/celtic_kustoms?utm_medium=copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Celtic Kustoms work looks excellent, will definitely try them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭passatman86

Will need tyres soon

My last 2 sets where kumho

Do these look ok - or cheap for a reason

Nothing wrong with them at all. They’re factory fit on some Seat models.

• Advertisement

Good tyre, good price.

Was quoted €70 for similar in 165/70/14 today... Didn't bite.

what website is that passatman?

@fryup

On my android phone searching with google, if i type my tyre size and brand it lists a load of options

So google search kumho 205/55/16 and you should see a few prices listed from different websites....

There is some well priced sites

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Surely to God you'd get a 205/55/16 Kumho in any bricks and mortar shop for €50-55 ish?

They are a fair tyre, as above the new model Ecowing are an OE tyre for VAG group. Seeing them on lots of new Polo's and Polo based products. Must take note of the exact model for arguement sake.

My 2 local tyre fitters have steadily gone up in price over the last 3 years.. My first kumhos were €78 a tyre fitted/balanced... Now the same 2 fitters are asking €92 fitted/balanced for kumhos.

Ive decided to look online this time round and the results/prices above are interesting. Even if i buy them online and get the local fitter to put them on id save roughly €70 or there abouts. So is it worth the hassle to save a few €... I'll think about it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Four years after aquisition, the 2015 550 is paid off today. The warranty expires next week, so I've got the shop going over it to see what they can charge someone else. There's a class action suit going on the engines of those cars consuming excessive quantities of oil, which I have noticed, but paying for an extra quart or two every year isn't exactly going to break my bank. Still, if they'll replace the engine for me...

That puts the ages of the cars in my garage as 17, 9 and 7. The 17-year-old I'm afraid to drive except for short runs in good weather, it needs significant work, the other's a 2-seater not suited for the family. I think the next car (Another 4-door, the wife hates estates) I'll get a lease instead of a purchase. Never done it before, but with the reserve cars sitting in the garage, I can afford a dalliance. Something for next year, though, I think. I've a few more pressing problems to throw my money on in the meantime, but my kids aren't getting any smaller, and believe it or not, a family of height (I'm 2m tall, my kids look like following suit) doesn't fit well in a five-series.

How much do ye charge for them?

I havent bought that size in a while, but I’d imagine did €50 you’re talking Triangles

I’d have thought they’d be 80 anyway, if you could even get someone to sell them to you over the house special.

are Triangles still on the market?

@Manic Moran any pics of the 550

I don’t know to be honest!

looking on tyreleader, they’re not that cheap these days.

• Advertisement

After reading this I can help but notice the volume from motorbikes. It certainly does seem excessive. How listening to that sound can be enjoyable way to travel is beyond me

Horses for courses, I'd say they probably like different music to you too. Shocker.

Cant remember forcing my taste of music on anyone else.

No but you want to force your taste on vehicle noise to the whole country.

No, i want the legal limit to be enforced and respected by all motorists. And a small bit of consideration for other people by motorists when driving through residential areas. Imagine that.

Apparently not. I could have sworn I had put up pics on the "show a picture of your vehicle" thread, but can't find them by search or date browse. I'll hunt around, and post on the Thread 6.

I did, however, come across this photo I took near my house.

I've also found lots of photos of cars I've rented when I travel. Is there a "Here's what I rented today" thread? It's a great way of trying out new vehicles...

Do you have any credible source to suggest that there is a large enough amount of cars on the road that do not comply with current sound limits that warrant extra resources be implemented to target this suggested issue?

Or are you just generally annoyed at the odd loud car?

Do you want to impound cars which may have had an exhaust fail on the way home from work or only those whomever you perceive to be "performative"?

Will this be an on-site seizure or will a period be given to rectify this issue?

I'd honestly like to engage in this discussion to hash out the semantics.

And this is why I always bring a car in just before warranty expiration. Coolant leak on the turbos, also an oil leak from the gasket.

Yikes, aluminium t piece looks to be growing limbs.

Just as well BMW are paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Advertisement