Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tbh it's a GPU that only came to market with the current situation. In normal times when you could just pick up a GPU for RRP or even cheaper AMD would never have released this as they know it would never sell but that's the way the market is at the minute.

Coins have also dropped in price the past few days so there may be a flood of second hand GPU's on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

For anybody trying today there will be the grand total of 50 x RX6900XT and 200 x RX6700XT available for all of Europe.

Pre queue to open at 14:55

Post edited by Confused11811 on

The queue was a mess today. I got in with a sub one minute queue added to basket but when I went to checkout got kicked back to the start of the queue, the sense of disappointment after thinking you've beaten the odds is unreal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

There's a lad in Athlone on FB marketplace selling off mining gear and in the lot he has a 6800xt for €600, but he says the bios is fooked.

Sounds from the description that a mate tried to flash a mining bios onto it and that didn't work.

Card shows in device manager but no output.

Possibly something who's experienced with flashing BIOS onto GPU's could pick up and fix?

I've heard similar stories before and even bought a few non-working GPU's, revived about one third of those with the supposed bad flash. If you can detect them in the device manager it's usually very easy to flash the correct bios to restore it. If it can't be restored to working order that way it's most likely something else which could be impossible to repair.

I'd question why you'd actually flash the bios to begin with when you could use MPT to remove power limits for undervolting without actually messing with the bios. However if it was flashed I'd say anybody flashing the modded bios to begin with would have the skills to do a repair too, I'd be very suspicious about that claim so I think 600 euro is alot to be looking for. You'd be better spending that money on one of the professional bots to buy a number of cards and resell for profit to get your investment back :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

F*ck him, he can eat crow. 600 for a maybe-dead card? Not on your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

shouldn't that have a dual BIOS?

the reference/founders/whatever cards don't have dual BIOS, dunno about the 5700xt.

Has anyone here ordered via AMD USA and used a re-shipper like address pal ?

I know you'd have to pay VAT @23% but computer parts should be exempt from custom charges ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Since when are computer parts exempt from customs charges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

As above computer parts do get charged tax. Other wise many years ago I would have been ordering from America all the time as back then they were significantly cheaper for parts.

I've seen it qouted here and several other places - https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html . This relates to just the Custom charge not the VAT which will be 23%

"Some Examples of Items that can be imported to Ireland with NO Import Duty

Here are some examples of goods sold from the UK (or anywhere else) that can be imported duty-free into Ireland regardless of the country of origin.

Computers & Computer Parts

Computer Monitors

Calculators

Printers/Copiers/Faxes

Printer Inks & Accessories

Phones (Mobile/Non Mobile)

Laptops"

Also see here - https://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/press/index.cfm?id=1522&title=EU-removes-customs-duties-on-IT-equipment

I dropped an email to revenue today about the above. I'll update when I get a response.

Got a response from revenue. No custom charges only VAT.

AMD queue to start in about 20 minutes at 14:55. Just 175 x RX6700XT & 50 x RX6800 available today for all europe

It's more to do with stock levels than anything else, I've 2 people waiting on me to build a PC for them, no pressure from them they'll take them when I can get them built. Ah I was just thinking out loud :-)

PS - I got a 5 and 6 minute queue today and didn't even get in the shop :-(

Ah it's 20 minutes a week and I'm working from home so I've nothing to loose by trying. Been lucky a few times before , no reason it can't happen again.

so I've noticed the last week or so that some cards, specifically things like the 6600, are starting to be in stock more often, available for longer, and starting to come back down in price. higher end stuff is still massively over priced but that will change too.

It's happening lads.

As an aside, tere are 6600's on UK sites for about €400-€450 a lot of the time these days, and while a little steep, a bargain compared to how things were until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I know I'm repeating myself, but the reintroduction of large amounts of "cheap" cards by the two companies will go a long way to fix stock problems of all cards.

And I suspect the only reason the 6500/3050 were introduced, is the upcoming Intel cards joining the market.

Today there are 50 x RX6900XT and 125 x RX6700XT , Pre queue to open at 14:55.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wish it would just not give a spot in queue rather than this "more than an hour" rubbish.

Don't hate me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you use a script or was it just blind luck? What you manage to nab?

Luck really, some random guy on the part alert discord posted this AMD queue-it link

https://amd.queue-it.net/?c=amd&e=eu81028du4&q=f0b3e535-62ff-4a87-be8c-2763aca73bf3

Said it was sub one minute queue. I opened one and I got straight in RX6900XT

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

No wonder I have never had the chance to buy when with 10 tabs open, didn't realise the scripts were that good.

I think my only chance now is to buy off scalers or ask Confused11811 to build me a PC minus the all the parts except graphics card 😜

For anyone trying next week be sure to check your Google captcha score. Using this link :- https://antcpt.com/score_detector/

If your score is 0.3 or less you'll be blocked trying to add to basket. You'll get never ending captcha.

AMD brought in some changes recently that'll block you IP with the method above if you try to open more than 10 queues. The way around it is to open the queue one genuine IP and once open switch to another genuine IP like mobile data. VPN and data center proxy are now blocked by AMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

• Advertisement

Amd should be dropping today. There was no CAT16 alert last night but there have been changes made to the sites API. Looks like they've mixed things up again in an effort to combat bots, probably a response to that Reddit thread

Advertisement