Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Is that the premium plus? I couldn't see the vision roof but wheels looks like it is a premium plus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cyber Grey? Looks pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Summer2020

That's a very high rate of 27c/KW you've signed up to to avail of that offer. Never mind the 20% off..it's 20% off the standard unit rate. I had to move from 36% off the standard unit rate to get the energia offer and I fully intend on switching the minute the 12 months is up. You will have nearly paid for the charger in additional electricity costs by the time the 12 months are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Check the Energia total package before signing up. Be aware that it is only 20% off their variable rate tariff and you have to sign up for a year with a €200 penalty if you change supplier before the 12 months is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adoyle07

No it's the Galactic Grey, LR Premium, as one poster said previously the lack of front parking sensors is a bit of an issue as it will take a while to get to know 'the sweet spot' for forward parking, I had to get out twice to judge where the nose on the car is.

• Advertisement

That’s the approach I’m taking too - you’ll get ICE cheaper but in the long run I think you’ll be spending more and also, Ionic 5 will be in demand in the second hand market so levels of depreciation may not be as harsh as an ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

It was an offer that the Hyundai sales guy told me about. You need to contact Energia customer support to check that you are eligible, then make a grant application for the €600 SEAI subsidy.

Once you get an SEAI approval letter, Energia will schedule an install date. You have to pay them the €600 up front and then claim it back from SEAI once the installation is complete. Energia pick up the rest of the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Anyone having issues with Android auto. Initially worked but now won't. Bought a new cable just in case but no joy

Out of curiosity what is "LR Premium"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭John arse

• Advertisement

This was a bit of theatre. Whether it happens with all Hyundai dealers, or just the one I bought from, I don't know.

What happened was that after completing all the necessary paperwork and paying over the balance of the purchase price, the salesman said, 'OK, let's go get your new car'. He walked off across the showroom with me in tow. There was a car there covered in a large dustsheet, which I though was a new model they were hiding until launch. But as we reached it, he said, 'Stop there!', walked around the back and pressed the button on the keyfob to unlock the car, which had all the lights flashing under the sheet. Then he whipped off the cover, like a magician doing a stage trick, and there was the Ioniq 5. All very dramatic, but a bit cringeworthy I thought. He then took me through all the stuff I needed to know about it (it took at least two more days for me to fully explore all the features and settings) and then asked me to drive it out of the showroom. That was when I demonstrated just how good the brakes are 😛

I hope the brakes hold. That's a hell of a slope you've got on your drive 😆

I just checked the Hyundai Irish site again. I wasn't aware they added more options to the trim levels. You can get 20" alloy wheels on the premium now as well. They also have Premium LE and normal Premium.

I was pretty sure it wasn't like that a few weeks ago.

Post edited by PenguinForce on

You're right. I'll certainly be looking at other suppliers once the year is up. The electrician who installed the unit also told me that I'd save a bit once I get a Smart meter installed (whenever that might be). Apparently, these things switch to a night-rate automatically unless you ask to stay on the Day rate all the time. I'll have to investigate that to see if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Seems to be a €500 price increase across the range.

Do not switch to a smart meter if you don't already have one. At present it's much cheaper to stay on a a standard meter and move to a day/night rate or else get a day/night meter. You can't get the same night rates at the minute with a smart meter if I'm co

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭topdecko

I feel bonkers even looking at the Ioniq5 but feel I need to transition to Electric and getting rinsed on diesel at the moment. Also my current car is held together with bungee cord and overall not the safest with kiddies about.

1 do the economics make sense at this time if i am driving 400km per week on average - are EVs likely to come down in price in next few years.

2 What is the best way to finance this - we have enough to buy 20k car outright but could not stretch to new Ioniq at this time.

3 Is there any value in looking a second hand market or is it a case of " there be dragons" and best avoided given i know a basic amount about cars and next to nothing about EVs.

apologies if covered in the thread already

thanks

Good that you can get bigger battery in lower spec trim level.

I can't see the difference in spec for Premium Vs Premium LE on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

At first glance the Premium LE is missing (FCA) Forward Collision Avoidance Assist junction turning and (HDA) Highway Drive Assist Level 2.

Interesting because that looks to be have been removed from Ultimate spec level cars in the UK.

If Premium Plus keeps it in Ireland it would be surprising.

They have removed the front sensors and termed it HDA 1.5

• Advertisement

Unless you have 3 phase power supply (commercial spec) 7.2kw is the Max from 240 volt 32amp domestic line. Theres no power management going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

I had issues with Android auto on my old car, I think the problem was with permissions or settings on the app.

I think I fixed it by reinstalling the app or resetting to factory settings.

I don't think that would mean sensors would be removed that features uses ultrasonic sensors, radar and cameras I would think. I would think simplication of features maybe prep for new legislation on automated driving & functional safety. Or less powerful ECU required and maybe less chips then.

I wonder is that something that could be removed with SW updates too or are those only for infotainment system?

Has anyone else found the interior door arm rest area to scratch? It's a sort of leather, assume it's a fake type. Noticed a fairly bad scratch on it today that won't rub out. You can feel the scratch in the material. Very annoyed over it as have had cars for nearly 20 years now and never had anything like this happen , especially after 2 weeks ..see attached photo

No scratches on the interior so far, but be careful if using chargers at service areas. The heavy cables can mark the rear area of bodywork close to the charger socket door. I've spotted a couple of nicks which are highlighted by the fact that the composite plastic material underneath is a dark blue, which is a bit of a contrast to Cyber Grey.

https://youtu.be/qbBwwTzQ5sw

Might explain why it's removed it doesn't work very well. I personally haven't used it yet so I don't think will be missing much

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adoyle07

I was able to adjust the angle on the driveway!

The piece I keep catching with my foot is the folded footrest at the bottom of the driver’s seat which my heel seems to hit every time I get into the car. The corner edge is likely to suffer damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

I'll answer these in order for ya.

1. 400k per week is 21k per annum. Decent mileage. Assuming 40mpg on a diesel you're paying about 2.2k per annum on petrol plus higher maintenance, tax and Depreciation. Would cost ya maybe €500-€600 extra electricity for the year. €100 tax and little to no maintenance.

Your Ioniq 5 or similar will hold its value a hell of a lot better than your 20-25k used Hybrid. Try think somewhat long term if you can.

Yes EVs are likely to come down in price a bit, but this could be counterbalanced by the grants lessening or disappearing altogether.

2. If you need to borrow 20kish I'd strongly recommend a Credit Union or Green Bank loan (for EVs etc). About 6.4% ApR with AIB. You can spread over 5 years to keep the monthly repayments down if necessary.

You won't want to do a PCP with the mileage you are doing, they generally like it kept below 15k per annum.

3. You can look at the used EV market for sure. The only problem is that used cars with low mileage are really maintaining their value well at the moment, and even more so for EVs.

For eg. You could buy a used E-Niro (smaller, not as much tech, not as appealing) for like 33k, but sure 6k more gets you a brand new Ioniq 5. No brainer to me but obv you need to have or be able to afford the extra 6k repayments.

Depends on your vehicle needs really... We wanted a 500liter+ boot and lots of rear space, so only really considered the Bigger electric cars like ID.4, Enyaq, Ioniq 5.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement