Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

No advice, but hope you get sorted Coillte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry but it was a red. Both yellows were justified.

All the panel on Celtic TV agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The 2nd yellow would not have happened if the ref was doing his job. Taylor was fouled and the ref waved play on, Bitton then took the DU player out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

That is it for me. It was not even an arguable foul on Taylor either it was clear as day. Thus the second yellow should never have happened. Credit to the team though after all the misses and some great saves from their keeper even after the red card the game didn't change at all and we just kept going until we eventually got the goal. Not for the first time this season we showed some real mental toughness and character there yesterday which bodes well going forward.

The foul on Taylor ignored by the ref, probably should have been a booking for Niskanen but the ref decided to ignore it and then books Bitton for the 2nd yellow... go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

just because 2 people on a panel agree does not make it right,As ADIG says Taylor was fouled by the no 7 and it was completely ignored by the ref,but straight away Bitton gets a second yellow for a very soft touch on Glass who threw himself to the ground,Ref could not wait to send him off.Iwill also mention the amount of time wasting by Dundee (keeper especially) that went unpunished by the Ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah, keeper did time waste, I agree.

But I also think Taylor went down very easily, just like the DU player did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Vital win v Dundee United. Bitton red card means he’s out for Wednesday, McGregor unavailable as well.

Looks like it’ll be an opportunity for McCarthy to put in a performance that he would have always dreamed of as a kid for Celtic. He’s had some amount of injuries that have clearly taken their toll. I’m hoping he’ll go to the well for this game that can put us on top in the title race.

Bitton has let Celtic down plenty of times against Rangers. He always seems to struggle against them. With Ramsey signing, and if he plays on Wednesday, McCarthy will find it tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm really looking forward to this..some atmosphere !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hatate 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Only for MacGregor Celtic would be 3 up !!

What a finish from REO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

We've looked like hammering a team for a lot of this season and looks like it might be tonight.

3 great goals and should be 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That #31 for Rangers is having as bad a half of football as I've seen in a long time.

3-0 Abada.

Rangers being eaten alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Celtic on fire! 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Oh my fcuk. Cannot wait for Kris Boyd’s mush at half time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kris Boyd will be going mad at half time! Why no away fans ?

• Advertisement

What a first half, absolutely battered Rangers. Could easily have been 5 up

Rangers decided they can no longer watch Celtic fans celebrate at Ibrox so cut the Celtic fans out of Ibrox. Celtic decided to reciprocate in kind

That second goal from Reo so important. What a finish. This quality that Ange has brought making a huge difference. We needed to get ahead, and ahead by I thought at least 2.

3 even better. Need to game manage it now. Let them have the ball if they want now and just pick them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

What a half This team is special,I am in heaven after that 1st half .Lets give them some more in the 2nd.

Good to see early subs from Ange

• Advertisement

Would be nice to pick them off with another one or two here, but that would be greedy. This has been excellent from Celtic, absolutely excellent.

Top of the league. Let’s go for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Right back where we belong.

Sensational performance. Everyone of them was terrific, from Juranovic, Hatate, Giakoumakis, Jota, CCV, O’Riley and especially Callum McGregor in my opinion.

What an atmosphere the fans in the stadium generated.

Well done Ange. What a man you are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Special night. Anyone remember the mood in here last year and then in the summer the concern that Ange might not be afforded the time to oversee the necessary rebuild. Only two players from last season started tonight. No league won yet but the manner he has assembled this side and got them performing in such a timeframe is hugely impressive.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hi folks, just checking in and being slightly smug at the same time 😂 delighted to see things going well for Ange, he’s a great coach and even better personality.

Missed this earlier but so glad you quoted your post... a very accurate assesment of Ange!

Congrats Celtic! What a game and what a night. It was an absolutely fantastic performance, I always call things as I see them, and that was as good a first half as I’ve seen in years. The stats of game don’t really reflect the true story of the game. It’s like Celtic had 22 men and rangers 11! Early goal just set the tone. You don’t get time and space in these games but Celtic players looked like they had all the time in the world. It’s one game, I’m sure Rangers will re-group and go again. It will be a great end to season. Fabulous.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brilliant game tonight, won in the first half and could have been more aside from some quality goal keeping from McGregor.

Was disappointed when we didn't get Eddie Howe. How wrong I was. Kudos to the club bringing in Ange at a difficult time, as they had to win the fans over. It's clear he was the right choice for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very enjoyable game, in particular the first half. Hatate seemed to be everywhere. That was some bargain buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Giovanni was giving out about the ball boys not throwing the ball back quick enough. Grasping at straws there.

Rangers have been poor enough all season. When Ross County put 3 past them last Saturday and they drew against Aberdeen the previous week I thought it was our opportunity to hit them hard.

Ange has done some job and the players he has brought in have really improved the team. The attitude of all the players tonight was top class. Need to keep it going against motherwell on Sunday.

I thought he might have given Scales a few minutes late on when Taylor looked like he was injured. Scales has done well when he has been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Doesn't matter what English team you support, or even Irish club, Celtic beating Rangers is always the pinnacle of the season

• Advertisement

So true about Ange. Not just are we winning games but the football under Ange is a joy to watch. I did say it early on when we were losing some games that I could see what he was trying to do and if he could pull it off it would be something special to watch. The exciting thing is clearly we are still in the rebuilding phase you can clearly see there is more to come.

But it is who Ange is as a person as well that is so impressive. When he said this after Wednesdays game there is simply nothing else that needs to be said about Ange as a person.

"We had 60,000 in here. I’m sure a lot walked in with some problems in their lives and for this 95 minutes we made them forget that and feel good - and that's something special."

I was definitely disappointed when Ange was appointed, I thought the board had panicked when Howe took himself out of the running but very happy to admit I was way off the mark. It's still early days but the potential is there to see and no matter how this season plays out I think next season after a full pre-season with Ange I think we will be a real force.

As Eire said the football is exciting to watch and its great but equally impressive is Ange himself and how he carries himself. He has done an unbelievable job since he took over and puts forward the positive side of Celtic on and off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Another good thing about the manager is he takes no nonsense from the press. It reminds me of the response years ago by Jock Stein when they tried to trap him. He was clear Celtic were not sectarian but one reporter asked "All the same Jock if there were two boys of equal ability, one Catholic and one Protestant, which would you sign?" He was sure he had trapped Jock who replied "That's easy. I'll sign the protestant lad. Rangers will nae sign the catholic" The trap rebounded.

Totally agree. How he has dealt with nonsense from the MSM has been brilliant to watch. They are out of their depth with Ange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I feel very sorry for poor mcgregor, they must have really upset his feelings.

Great ball by Hatate and great run and finish by Abada. Abada is some player for 20, could be an absolute top player if he continues to improve

And Rogic with a cracking goal to make it 2

Brilliant couple of goals

Abada should have left that for Rogic who had a tap in

Rogic now makes it 3

• Advertisement

Another for Rogic, great play by Ralston and Abada to set him up

Advertisement