Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Answer me this....why on EARTH would Russia invade Ukraine?

Now there are idiots who will answer that simple question with "Putin is a nut and wants to reestablish the USSR" despite the fact that he exposed a plot in 1991 to do so. We have that retard, Liz Truss (spokes-moron and British Foreign Secretary for Downing Street) saying "we are sending supplies to our Baltic Allies across the Black Sea" ...and she commands a paycheque? I even saw on TV some imbecile in the US State department refer to the capital of The Ukraine as "KEEEEEVE". Enjoy your Saint Patties Day.

Let's go back to the 1930's. Neville Chamberlain went off to talk to Adolf requesting a peace guarantee. He came away with nothing put a promise. Adolf. with the connivance of Britain established a "non-aggression" pact with the USSR. That was completely betrayed 2 years later. Fast forward to 1944..the Russians have defeated a 4 million strong German war machine at the expense of 20 million Russians, liberated Nazi extermination camps and pushed the SS, Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe back to the ashes of Berlin.

Russia has always been the target because of its position, mineral wealth and strategic importance.

So who has attempted to invade and conquer this place? The Romans, Poles, Finns, Lithuanians, Japanese, French, British, Germans and now Americans?

Do you think that Russians have amnesia?

The US is yammering about peace and they are arming The Ukraine to the teeth.

NATO will do NOTHING. They will bitch the same way that they always do.

Germany right now are in a tizzy about American blabbering regarding expelling Russia from SWIFT.

Such waffle.

Russian troops will sit there and conduct their operations. Dummies like BOJO will say "You must move your military away from Ukraine" ..even though the Russian military can go wherever the hell they want within RUSSIA. So it will all be done by Valentine's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,451 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

And in between Russia did a deal with Hitler to invade Poland.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,451 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Unfortunately Putin forgot that Russia are a third rate military force.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

With those letters to the EU and NATO it really seems the Russians are having a genuine meltdown. It's like a slow motion car crash in front of the international community. The Kremlin resorting to bully boy tactics , intimidation, confusion, gaslighting and manipulation. Its quite the spectacle and the west has shown more resolve and unity than I had anticipated . I'm sure Putin himself is bitterly disappointed so far.

No doubt however Vlad is a crafty one and I'll give him props , he's some operator and been playing 4d chess for years whilst many leaders in the west are playing checkers. But despite being the best player at the table he has the weaker hand and where he goes from here is anyone's guess. Does he have anymore moves left even? Unless he gets big concessions soon he has to do something to either get what he wants or to at least save face. I think he's screwed but I won't count him out just yet.

• Advertisement

If they are so weak than why the worry? Surely they are no threat to anyone if they are just a bunch of starving conscripts who share a rifle and boil fish soup in a helmet and huddle around the Ukrainian border wishing they were back in Siberia

We [Putinbots] don't care. What are you going to do about it?

Apparently Russia has been "invading" The Ukraine for 8 years now. Why don't they just blast into the place? A few bombers could smash Lviv and Kiev to bits. The whole thing would be over in a week or two

Since a handful of "little green men" just took Sevastopol and the entire Crimean Peninsula without so much as a mouse-fart then they should be able to take the rest of the country with maybe a few sprained ankles and the odd hangover before the country capitulates.

POP QUIZ: How many of the 16000 Ukrainian servicemen in Crimea wanted to return to Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Monsanto, flamengos, North Korea and crusty knickers.

Gracious me, that's quite a tour of your hall of mirrors BurgerFace.

These thoughts you're having...tell me, are the flamengo eating Venezuelans in the room with us right now?

Do these thoughts of edible flamangos only surface when your family and friends mention Russia or do the flamengos appear at random? I understand, It must be very distressing for you.

• Advertisement

Look, I'm not saying we have genuine Putinbots active in this thread but...

"Prominent journalist and Russia expert Peter Pomerantsev believes Russian sponsored troll efforts are aimed at confusing the audience, rather than convincing it. He states that they cannot censor information but can "trash it with conspiracy theories and rumours"

Just an observation...

Back to the flamengos...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭MFPM

The US have 750 military bases in 80 countries, that's after they've closed hundreds particularly in Iraq as they wind down their illegal occupation there.

Another day has passed and while the US continue to send troops there is still no invasion of Ukraine. We shall see if that changes tomorrow!

*Checks thread topic*

About them Russians though...

That's a side step. You said it wasn't history we were discussing it's current events, I pointed out current events where the US is intimately involved and you say this is not the place. I'm not suggesting a full blown discussion on Yemen or Palestine here but it is appropriate and relevant to point out the hypocrisy of US imperialism and that of their supporters on this thread.

Checks thread and poster made point about US bases in Eastern Europe...

About US hypocrisy though...

No one's interested what you're kooky off topic take about what you think is hypocritical or not.

Apart from your Ayatollah of Iran posting we have another bot prattling on about Venezuelans eating parrots and flamengos.

Get on topic about Russia or get lost. The mods have already warned you about off topic posting but you're determined to trash proper discussion of Russian activity with irrelevant posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The term is "Useful Idiots"

Poor smuks repeating russian propaganda verbatim while they want to believe that they working for the Kremlin more often than not they are just desperately seeking attention.

Not officially bots but wannabes hence the term "Useful Idiots"

I know 'our' thugs and criminals are inherently superior to 'their' thugs and criminals, but speaking of Putin-esque gangsterism on an international scale, what about the Biden family's business dealings in Ukraine and how much are those playing into the US response? Surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

• Advertisement

The real useful idiots are in Russian and U.S. military uniforms. But the term isn't helpful. Hate the war and those that start them, but not the soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Because some of those are of an area called Novoozerne which is in the Crimea. No snow cover there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bullshit, you took an article from 2014 and are now trying to suggest it's been used as evidence today.

Thats not even being Useful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's not a side step. The thread is not about the entire history of Russia, but of Putin's actions. However it's clear you want to use it to attack the history of other select countries. If Scholz wants to criticise Putin for a heavy build up of forces, it's not "hypocritical" because Germany once did the same. Likewise Biden is not beholden to what Trump did before him. It's personifying countries by their cherry-picked history, which is dumb as bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

We've seen this very same ruse before with Washington claiming troops massing on a border.

When Saddam rolled over Kuwait back in 91, Washington claimed that he was massing troops on the border with Saudi Arabia.

US didn't have any treaty obligations with Kuwait, but they did with SA.

So that was the excuse to get the US war machine in motion.

The truth of it, was there were no such iraqi troop concentrations that Washington was claiming.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1991/01/06/photos-don-t-show-buildup/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sorry to disappoint you but I found it on a link posted by jmreire at 11.54 last night.

I’m not worried by your groundless accusation by the way, it’s to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

I agree with much of what the video (which could easily be part of the non linear war too) says but we must remember the weapons of mass destruction the Americans told us were in Iraq. They tore the country apart and found none. So, the Americans have no credibility whatsoever in this matter.

What else is there? Stock imagery from Sky News? For all I know this imagery could be 10 years old. The main point I'm making is that Filatov put his cards squarely on the table: there is no build up, these are troops that have always been on Russia's western front. Now, the question I'm asking is this: Is a Russian diplomat lying to the nation on national tv? Because if he is and is found out, Russia loses credibility instantly. It would be a diplomatic disaster for them. Are they really going to say "Fill 'em up with a bunch of lies and buy some time" when they have so much to lose? Russia has repeatedly denied a build up and I don't care what the Americans say, they are a shower of lying f'ers, so...

Post edited by zv2 on

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

Read my post above this one. Pictures don't prove anything. How old are these images? Did you see how Sky News are constantly showing the same images of Russian tanks? When were these images made? Stock images of Russian war games? Before the Iraq war the Americans showed a truck parked a bit down the way from Saddam's house. It was supposed to be evidence of wmd. So they invaded.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement

Can you park your back seat moderator practice please. My reply was to someone else, there's no obligation on you to engage with the post whatsoever. All my posts are on topic, they just don't suit your narrative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement