Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New alarm cost using existing cabling

Options
  • 29-01-2022 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what it will cost me to upgrade my alarm by replacing everything except the cabling. I will need magnets on 5 doors and two windows, 15 shock sensors on windows, a new panel, bell and GSM. As I said, all cabling is there, just need to change the hardware. Any idea of a ballpark figure?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Ring a few companies and get some quotes. Personally I'd stay away from the companies that charge a fee per month and you'll never own the equipment.

I had a HKC system installed a few years ago and I'm very happy with it...and I own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MuttonDagger

the HKC panel & keypad are 220

Then say 25e per door/window for contacts, sensors & bell.

You can get the gsm Q modules off adverts for 50e and a payg sim for free.

So around 750e in gear for a wired HKC

edit - you might need to add more zones if you have more than 10 (another 120e)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Comer1

Thanks for the responses. With the help of another member here I'm working on a fix for my current alarm. It's an Aritec CS350 and I waiting for delivery of resistors to install in the three new sensors that don't seem to be compatible with the Aritech. If that doesn't sort it and I can use my old sensors with that HKC panel, I might just try replacing the panel myself. Scary but also an exciting prospect😨😊

BTW, all my old sensors were installed 26 years ago😱

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SloppySkidMark

I fitted my own HKC a few years back,

the manual is online and shows the wiring . I thought it was very straight forward for the most part

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SloppySkidMark

You can even set it up on your kitchen table and see how it all works ,a roll of alarm cable is only 15/20e.

There is millions of options in the set up but you don't use 90% of it.

Advertisement