Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,510 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the only way the episode makes sense is if mando shows up in the last episode to save the day when Boba is on the brink of defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ironic that the best episode of the series so far didn't have the main character in it. Thats how average its been up to now.

When you watched Mando last night, you realise thats the character Fett should be.

He should be using lines like, "if you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you leave now".

People should be afraid of him, move when he comes through. But in the show Fett has no presence, people show him no respect and he seems lost as to what to do unless his right hand woman tells him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I missed Boba Fett in this episode, the character and show I tuned in to watch. Despite the best efforts of Disney, I'm enjoying the acting of Temuera Morrison, I think he's a solid lead and there is scope for a great character arc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

We got a great episode of tv last week… people are acting like that’s a bad thing… if you are not enjoying book of Bobba just add beer/wine and or whiskey when watching or pre booze before watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I enjoyed the episode, great to see Mando back (though I wonder was it Pedro or a body double), though I kept expecting to see Boba show up at some point in the second half.

It was tied up somewhat when Fennec showed up at the end, so at least there was a link there. But it did seem to be a replacement / trailer for a new series of Mandolorian (which I'd really rather than BOBF, though I'll still be watching BOBF).

Agree with comments of the ship, at no point does he say "this is too small". However I did like the exchange with the X-Wing pilots; they really are the highway cops of the galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I read that he hasn’t been on set yet all for the shooting of season 3. The doubles learned to stand and move exactly like he does.

He is only needed for scenes where the helmet comes off - in season one the double used even do the gun play instead of him.

It is probably quicker and easier to just let the doubles do everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was another good epsiode of The Mandalorian and the Adventures of Luke & Baby Yoda with a 10 second appearance from Boba.

I keep thinking this is supposed to be The Book Of Boba Fett however I must be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Cad f'n Bane!

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I've been vastly more engaged in the last two episodes compared to the first three, but this is a very odd direction for the show to take. Feels like the writers don't have the confidence or interest in Boba which is a problem when his name is in the title of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1 episode left? Grogu to arrive and save the day? 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I see the Ice Cream maker from The Empire Strikes Back making a reapearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was another really good episode, but R2D2 was in the episode longer than Boba Fett. I'm guessing this was only planned to be a one season show used to support and build the extended universe of Star Wars shows.

I really hope Grogu stays with Luke. I'm guessing he doesn't as if he did it'd likely mean he dies when the school is destroyed by Kylo etc, but I was really hoping it'd free Mando to have a Season 3 without Grogu. It's getting to the point where they've gotten all they can from Grogu, especially as him walking and particularly his training in jumping etc is really starting to look Team Tatooine: World Police. Grogu leaving at the end of Season 2 opened the way for Mando to go in a new direction.

I know the guy who shot Cobb Vance is either from the comics or Clone Wars/animated shows, but never saw him before. Thought his appearance was great though, almost a pity he hasn't been in the show earlier, even just skulking in the background or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm hoping Luke is just testing Grogu and if he chooses Mando he passed. It was family ties that saved Luke's life in RotJ after all.

Really cool seeing Cad Bane.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,259 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a good episode. I am guessing the sheriff of Freetown is not dead.

I am also guessing that Grogu goes back to the Mandolorain because otherwise as someone above mentioned if that is of course if this show is in the same Universe as the films then Kylo Ren would have killed Grogu as well as all the other Jedi that Luke was training in his academy but if so then what. Does grogu stay with Djin and become a mandolorian too?

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

What's in the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: Oh that was good! Filoni Written and Directed! Nice!

I swear, I could tell it was

Cad Bane the second I saw the outline with the hat walking towards the town with the heat rising! I was totally like.. well there goes the marshal!

One really good scene I thought had to be when

The Mandalorian was torn and choosing between going to see Grogu or not.

Right.. so.. back to Robert Rodriguez directing and Jon Favreau writing.. who previously delivered episode 1 and 3...

.. for the season finale 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only watched episode 5 today....it was terrific pretty much everything Boba Fett hasn't been. Did they blow the budget on this episode?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They needed a decent episode to keep people watching after the general crap so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This show is so much better without the titular character in it

Think even the Luke parts looked more realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,599 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the episode but it's so strange how Boba Fett has become marginalised in the last 2 episodes. Has it ever happened before to this extent on another show? Other characters coming in and taking centre stage like this? It feels pretty unprecedented.

Looks pretty likely that Grogu chooses the armour and goes back with Mando. I feel this would diminish the importance of the Mandalorian S2 ending. It's too early for it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

From a Starwars fan boy perspective it's always a bit of a thrill to see them pulling in various characters from the canon. unfortunately they haven't mastered the art of weaving them in organically or in the right amounts, so it all hangs together somewhat awkwardly ,compared to the concise efficient storytelling from the first season.

- I'd bet dollars to donuts Grogu gets a vision of Djin in trouble next ep and rushes off against Lukes recommendation to go help him ala Luke to Bespin in ESB.

- Either the algorithm they used to approximate Mark Hamills voice needs more work ,or Mark Hamill himself gave the flattest line readings ever. Even a chuckle at Grogu would have helped humanise him and help negate the aural uncanny valley I was getting off him .

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Bravo Disney, everyone giving out about the lack of Boba Fett is missing the big picture. It's all Star Wars, forget about the title.

My money is on Obi Won Kenobi turning up in the finale.

Queue his series with appearances by Boba Fett, Fennic, Grogu, Luke, Marshall(who's not dead btw).

And I like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

ben kenobi is dead at this point in the timeline , we might see him if baby yoda has more flashbacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why is the Mando episode MUCH better than the preceding 4 episodes, i was actually interested in what was happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Also, i am going to buy that Naboo Starfighter when the inevitable Lego set comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Who was this show supposed to be about again?

🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I was very surprised to see Luke involved.

The last 2 episodes (no Boba) have been much improved over the previous 4.

Once again Fennac Shand dominated the wee bit Fett was in ... Whats going on there ?? #GirlPower ?

I think Grogo will go with Djin ....

Was the stone building supposed to looklike the buildings Luke was living in on Skellig Michael ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement