Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Thanks for that update. Still nothing on my end. Hopefully the above is the case for the rest of. Tried calling again there but the phone lines close at 1.30. Silly me.

Received an email saying I've received correspondence and to check My Documents. Nothing in there, no response in my enquiries and still no Statment of Liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Resu eman

Check your banking online if you can folks. Still nothing showing on my Revenue account, but a nice lump sum has been lodged to my account by them. Hoping everyone else gets sorted too.

Post edited by Resu eman on

Just checked my account. Received a small sum back but was expecting more. Will have to see what the Statement of Liability says whenever it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Still nothing for me in my bank or showing in Ros

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Peterk88

I redone my 2020 SOL start of the month as I had a tax credit I left out..that an accountant spotted for me..and I still haven’t got the return back 🤦‍♂️ It’s not even much of a rebate.

And same day done my 2021 SOL and had a bigger rebate off that and was available the next morning..the mind boggles 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Checked at 5pm Friday, just before finishing work and nothing there 11.30 Fri night and the wife checked her bank account and €1500 had landed in it, logged onto revenue and the SOL was there. Almost €3k back between us, happy days! No email notification received.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 x982021

Hi All,

I was filing the tax refund for year 2021 and then found that the credit section stating that I've already claimed all my health expenses. I did add my receipts into the receipts tracker throughout the year but didnt make a claim on those yet but now it's showing that i've already claimed it. Have I been robbed? and by who? Tried asking through Revenue.ie enquiries and even tried calling but no luck. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Hello! It’s been a long long time since I last messaged on boards.ie!

I tried to request my preliminary end of year statement for 2021 when it was to become available on the 17th January but it wasn’t available for me to view. I tried earlier this week as well and it still wasn’t available to view. I made a statement of enquiry online and subsequently rang Revenue to follow up who have passed the issue on to their online technical team.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would prefer to have the preliminary end of year statement available to me as a guide of what emergency tax I’m due back rather than going in blind and just completing an income tax return unless anyone can say that I wouldn’t be at a disadvantage otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I just checked My Account earlier and I can now see my preliminary overpayment. Revenue must have acted upon the technical error after I contacted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Submitted on the 1st of January, today 31st of January and still nothing.

I had maternity benefit and illness benefit but surely that can’t hold it up this long, getting a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

i finally received a response from them on Friday . A comment on a date mismatch in one of the documents i uploaded. Figured that it is a human error during English translation. Their message didnt even say what they want me to do about it or what the next steps are. So i assumed they wanted an explanation and maybe a new copy of the document. I did all of that on Friday and still waiting. So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

After a month of going back and forth on the phone and my enquiries and getting error messages every time I submitted the SOL. I was told to print out the 20 page FORM12 fill it in and upload it to my enquiries, get a copy of my payment statement from my welfare and upload that.

did all of that today and the man dealing with it on my enquiries has manually submitted for my SOL.

Hoping it will be sorted in the next 24/48 hours

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Peterk88

Anyone still waiting or was everyone sorted ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Still waiting. Have submitted a message via my enquiries. My patience is being tested.

I got my updated SOL and refund for the credits I could claim automatically \ via the online form.

But for 1 credit I had to submit extra docs via my Enquiries and have heard nothing about that 10 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

i must be lucky, got my SOL and money into account 3 weeks ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

I'm still waiting too. Submitted 2 January. No SOL, no reply to my enquiry submitted, no refund in account. Cant understand the delay. No excuse for this....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

Been waiting over a month for my SOL. it usually takes 24 hours most years. I sent them an email and heard nothing.

Weird because it says its available but you cant open it

SOL came through today €1200 less than the preliminary. I've gotten back in touch through my enquiries.

What would be the reason for such a cut? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You're lucky it was only 1200 less than preliminary, my estimate was 2,200, i got 207 :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

• Advertisement

Check your SOL. Page 1 shows the calculation, the result and what's happening with the overpayment/underpayment. Page two has details of where the calculation came from. Your DSP payment should be on page 2 to show it's been included. Make sure whatever credits/reliefs you were expecting are also on page 2. If you think the calculation is wrong or something is missing then contact them via MyEnquiries.

How long do they take to come back with reply in My Enquiries? Still nothing here, over 30 days since tax return and 2vweeks since enquiry sent. What in God's name is the hold up!!!

finally got my SOL yesterday. I think what helped is that i gave them a call and i got lucky because i got connected to an actual case worker. She did the calculation while i am on the phone and told me that she was going to respond to me on myenquiries when it is completed. I got my SOL the following day.

Just called, waited 12 minutes on my lunch hour to get through and then got put through to a voicemail!!!! I was told by a guy last week of what my refund is, so it has been calculated but no Sol or money yet. I'm so annoyed and even more so because its the civil service you can't even make a complaint.... I just don't understand the hold up if the calculations are done!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sweetkisses

Where do you see preliminary figure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Sweetkisses

Also waiting 3 weeks .. normally the tax back helps a bit in Jan

Apparently it popped up after the return was submitted. I didnt see any preliminary figure though. They told me last week what my refund is about €1700, which I expected and gad been banking on having it in January.

It sounds like anyone who did a really early return is stuck. Everyone I know did it weeks later and got it back straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Except me :( I didn't put mine through until the 20th and still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't think that's the case, if you look back a few weeks on this thread there are many people who got their SOL and refund in the first or second week of Jan after submitting on 1/2/3 Jan, me included.

So just off the phones again and apparently mine was pulled for manual review!!! Still no excuse for delay. Guy last week obviously didn't have a clue. I assume figure he gave me was only preliminary so I'm back to square 1 , 2 jan all over again. Seriously need this for my bills!!!

i received an email yesterday " Revenue has sent you new correspondence." and that i should check my unread documents. I logged in but there was nothing. no message or a document. Has anybody come across with that before ?

Yes it happened to a bunch of people last week. Keep an eye on your bank account for a refund and your updated statement of liability will probably be uploaded in the next 24 - 48 hours.

Mine was pulled for manual review as well in early Jan Becuase they asked me for proof of health insurance. Haven’t heard anything. Sounds like they pulled a lot for manual review and there’s a back log

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

After nearly a month wait finally got my SOL back today. Getting a tenner back. Pints on me.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I am not sure if thats the case though. i already received my SOL and then the refund . However i asked them to recheck because according to my calculations they made a mistake. I received the email after my appeal. Maybe it is a late email for the SOL i already received. as of today no additional payment in my bank or a sol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PukkaPad

Over a month here and nothing back yet! GRRR!!

They FINALLY came back after hubby rang them. Now they are looking for med2 form for my root canal, (had this done before and never had to provide) and as I claiming fir working from home all receipts! Its hardly worth the hassle for €50 for that. I have receipts from oil deliveries, no idea how to prove what I spent on coal. I have top up electricity meter so have to request statement of this . Honestly if they have requested this before I could have had it all ready!!! There was no request for this when I did tax return on 2 Jan. I think they added request for receipts online on 4 Jan but because I was early going mine, it wasn't there. So much for early bird catches worm. Can I forego my credits for WFH. Its really not worth the hassle... I'll be waiting another 2 weeks at least now. Its been a lean January, not February the same..... seriously bad service. If we hadn't rang how long would it have been before they requested this!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭nhg

How did you make the WFH calculations if you didn’t have the exact amounts to start with - you should have requested the statement from the your electricity supplier to enable you to make the correct calculation to start with….

As with any claims to Revenue all receipts have to be kept for 6 years unless you upload them to MyAccount

Just for the record before anyone makes a claim for anything, you are supposed to have the verification documents to hand/already uploaded otherwise how would you know how much to claim? You are also supposed to know the terms and conditions for the relief/credit you are claiming and that you meet them. When you sign and submit your return you are making a declaration to Revenue to that effect. You are also declaring that all your income is declared for that particular year.

I top up by 35 a week. I based my claim on that. Now I have to get statements. My provider sends a statement once a year in March.

Re the dental exps I have receipts for my root canal. This won't do, they want a med 2 form, which I never heard of, I cant see why receipts from dentist don't suffice.

I didnt pull the figures out of the air.

I still can't understand why it took them over 5 weeks to ask me for these. I think anyone in my position would be a tad upset!

The description on what's required for tax relief is listed on the Revenue website. Not everything you have done at a dentist is allowable for tax relief which is why a dentist has to complete a Med 2. The delay is frustrating alright.

I rang revenue today, the delay is mine was pulled for manual review. Huge backlog and no timeline.

Same here. This never happened me before. But it would have nice to have been told that! We only found out because we got through to a lovely lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 PukkaPad

Finally got mine back.... as expected but a long ol time!

Advertisement