Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More like 'You Go, Slavia!'....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stick the bread in a ziplock bag, put that in the fridge (or freezer), take out the slices as you need them. Works great, loss of moisture and mould no longer an issue).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

@spookwoman

"I am anti cyclist."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I do actually do this, but it only works for toast/toasted sambos. Defrosted bread is rank in a fresh sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When your trying to do a job that isn't going to plan and someone calls in chatting absolute sh!te talk to you. I need to put a sign on the garage door "if you hear cursing, keep walking"

If you defrost it in the toaster without allowing it to toast it loses that "snow-like" flavour (and I don't mean "yellow snow" 😁).

(EDIT: Note to self: Spelling, woman!! You should know better!)

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No I'm a 6 spuds a day man , bread inbetween. And I'm a rake. But over breakfast and evening tea 6 is hardly much. Anyway, cleaning the bread bin sounds like a good idea 💡

Woekn before 6 AM by a rattle at the front door. I make my way downstairs to find a copy of 'Alive!' sticking through the letterbox. Alive, I thought to myself, you're killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Colleague ranting at me coz she has to train a new start. I also have to train a new start. It's just part of the job, get fcuking over it.

• Advertisement

Ugh there has to be a better way.

The Lotto gods have a lot to answer for the shower of inconsiderate waankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a phone consultation scheduled with the Mater at 13.00 today.

Edit : 14.00 and still no call. A fûckin hour late.

how the sweet fûck can it get to the point that at halfway through their day they are already 60 minutes behind schedule ?

I’ve rechecked the SMS twice, yep, today, 13.00

you'd understand a little more in person consultations, might be a bit more difficult to shift people or stop them talking but jeez on the phone ?!?!

Post edited by Strumms on

Appointments in general piss me off. The amount of times I've been left waiting for an hour or more after your allotted time slot is crazy. Whats the point of booking a 9am appointment if I'm not seen until 10?

I was in the dentists one day, Smiles on O'Connell street as it's close to work. For anyone unfamiliar with this place, it's like the NCT centre....you book in and then get seen to by one of the 7 or 8 dentists working there when they become free (unless you reserve a particular dentist to it's follow-up stuff) .

Anyway, I've been delayed in work the odd time and missed appointments on previous occasions and had to re-book. On this occasion I was early, but there was a long delay for whatever reason. So I'm sitting there within earshot of the front desk and this lad rocks up at say 1.35pm, apologising for missing his appointment time (presumably at 1.30pm). The receptionist tells him he's missed it and will have to come back later in the week. I walked over and said "I'm actually booked in for 1pm and you're running late.....he hasn't really missed it as you haven't gotten to him yet."

Turns out their system is set up so that if you're not checked in by the time you're scheduled to be there, it automatically bumps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yup texter, when I didn't respond to your communication yesterday about my bank account, marked you as spam and blocked the number.

What exactly did you think I was going to do when you sent another one telling me my a/c was blocked? call an 089 phone number in a panic to give you my details?

*Am aware that some ppl would do this without thinking.

The same tactics using different banks over a few months, even with my memory issues would remember I had seen this b4.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I've gone through an ENTIRE box of tissues today for my runny nose. Tomorrow better be less snotty or I'll be onto the bog roll.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I heard a woman arguing that point in my doctor's surgery one day. They used to run way behind, but they were turning her away for being a few minutes late.

I don't know if she was allowed to stay or not in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by Alive. I politely asked the man delivering not to post it through my letterbox. He was rude and abusive.

I like to read the news from all angles, even upside down, but I'm not sure I needed to be woken at that hour to read the startling frontpage headline "Our Lady of Lourdes Pray For Us."

I was also TA'd by the lack of a comma, now that I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The guy who runs that rag lives near my parents. The house and garden are like something from A Life of Grime.

I take great pleasure in using it to light the barbecue during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Would not like to encounter the people delivering ‘The Irish Light’. Anyone else had the displeasure of having that Gemmaroid rag come through their door?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I fancy seeing a play in London. It has one of the Inbetweeners in it and one of the cast of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Could be a laugh. Seats start at £80. FFS.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The English phrase is: "For the TIDY LITTLE SUM of £80. A Snip."

My TA : Still have'nt got on top of paying for all my subscriptions and my wallett is really really going on a diet!

Pft! Don't you have an ATM card? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The company decided to run a graduate scheme and bring in select people to get exposure. “Our” graduate was assigned to the marketing team (who else), but even they didn’t know what to do with her.

Now she was passed on to me. The girl is an idiot and I don’t want her anywhere my team because she will just be wasting time. Guess you’ll be up for HR conversation in due time.

I'm just back from London where we saw Hamilton. Fairly sure the tickets were £90 each. Well worth it IMO considering when I thought about going to New York in 2019 to see it and the tickets were around $600. Each.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

My GSM provider. For about a year mobile coverage in my house has basically disappeared. I have been repeatedly told by my kid's school that they tried contacting me and all to no avail 😓 Comreg map shows I should be more lucky with another operator so I think I'll have to give it a go. Seriously, 21st century, I'm located in an urban area and I can't get 2g while American businessman offers internet from space 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Incompetency in work continues.

We are an independent museum, five staff. All at the same level, but three of us (me included) seem to do 90% of the work. We have the place divided into five segments as a cleaning rota, two of the lazy lads have their areas less clean then the rest of us. I'm fairly sure neither of them know how to use a mop properly.

We have a petty cash money box like most other places if we need to pick up anything any time- those two never have the gumption to go pick up cleaning supplies or printer paper themselves, always defer it to me. They never update the visitor figures at the end of the day nor the accounts, both of which take about 10 seconds to input numbers into excel.

The other day, one of us was moving some display cabinets and was having a bit of difficulty. Lazy sod 1 was watching it all on the security camera and didn't once lend a hand. Last week it was the same- took him a few minutes to compute that he should help me move stuff. I have never seen lazy sod 2 give a guided tour once (it can't be a coincidence that every visitor that comes in on his watch happens to want to walk around by themselves), which is criminal in our industry.

Our supervisor/chairman sent out an email to all five of us this morning to remind us of our duties, but it was definitely aimed towards those two in particular. It's almost like I have to mammy them through everything.

• Advertisement

Document it, log it, keep a record.

I learned in the past that, if it blows up in your face and you haven't got something to use as evidence in your favour, you'll end up carrying the can along with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement