Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowpiercer [TNT/Netflix] (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still the same feelings as my prior thoughts a few posts up: ostensibly great news this is already renewed for a season 4, but do hope there's a plan and actual end to the story. Even trains that circle the world must eventually stop 😁

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Wouldn't be surprised if we find out at a later date that season 4 will be the final one. I think they could maybe go to 5, but agree with you, this is a show that needs to resolve. For now, delighted it's getting a 4th season, and looking forward to the 3rd...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

She gets one standout episode where she has to account for her actions during the "Wilfred" era, but otherwise she has been a tough character to get a handle on. She talks a good game about maintaining standards during chaos, but hospitality only really worked during the before times. I like her though in balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Looking forward to it. A mainstream show with the most significant uptick in quality from season 1 to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah it is, right? Trailer didn't feel it though.. just a trailer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Post edited by corkie on

I thought people already knew she was in the new season😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Maybe so, wasn't paying attention to casting news.

Currently re-watching 'The Good Wife' on Albi, head like a sieve for names, recognize by site or sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Connelly and Bean make this show some special

Seanson 3 starts tomorrow night in the States and drops on Netflix here Tuesday morning.

Looking forward to it; nice to watch a show where you're not quite sure where things could go given the premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Setup for the current state of the trains.

Anyone else find the dark parts really dark?

Does Wilford know Ruth is on the train?

Trying to genetically modify the baby to being protected against the cold like Bob?

Javi just being made to stay awake 24/7?

3.1: Yeah, episode gave a decent update on where the major players are. I felt a loss of Jennifer Connelly there especially

towards the end there before the stranger who Layton returned with was unmasked.. I thought it could be her! Was getting my hopes up.

The rest of the cast gave it socks though!

Yeah, that did feel a fair bit..

dark when the baby experiment was being done. Yeah I'd guess the same as like Bob.

Not sure about that being the only thing he might have done to Javi

I just meant dark as in not being able to see clearly, especially where Ruth and all were

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A decent start, the show misses Melanie though I expect we'll see some contrived story to bring her back. The "visions" worry me - will be quite annoyed if they move from a world where the survivors rely on science and engineering to some kind of "promised land" narrative...

Good first episode that kept the delicate, perilous situation on edge. Hadn't occured to me that without the main train the 1,000 carriages would freeze - but yeah. Things gotta get worse ... 'n all that. Do I detect a little something between Ruth and Pike?

Not sure about the show going a bit Battlestar, with Layton suddenly pulling a Starbuck with his mysterious visions - but equally this show has earned the right for an odd, new swing.

Battle Stations, Battle Stations, You Dogs!

• Advertisement

Was sure Pike would speak up.

That ending came about quicker than I expected. Figured would be saved for later and maybe even the season finale.

3.2: That episode felt like laying a lot of groundwork. Maybe dragged a bit.. like they were unsure what to do. Maybe the next one is a big event that needed everyone in a certain place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Enjoying season 3 mostly so far but have to say those 2 characters who got married have been the most dullest in the entire series so far. No interesting backstories and I'd happily see them killed off in the next episode

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I know this is a spoiler thread but I’ve only just finished season 2 so please so spoilers.

How many tracks are there? I had thought that there was only one but if Snowpiercer is going to pursue and try take back the cars then that means they can get ahead of Big Alice and as we see in this episode they were able to turn around and go the opposite direction without encountering Big Alice - so there must be at least one other track.

A great cliffhanger. Wilford is obviously going to make people suffer, some lives left hanging in the balance and a big story altering event in splitting the train.

A very surprising and original move to kill off the lead character “off screen”. Makes it seem like more of a loss because we don’t see it. However I suspect that Connelly has not left the show - writers would have made a bigger deal of characters grieving her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I could be wrong here but I think Wilford just joined up all the world's existing train lines and build new ones across seas and oceans or something like that so he could have the train travel around the world. In some areas there are probably multiple routes they can take so to catch up they could just take a different line that goes along a shorter route.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I have been thinking since posting and I know why I had “one track” in my head.

Prior to the movie coming out I mistakenly believed that Snowpiercer was super-sized train - not just long but I also thought it much wider than a normal train. Obviously this wasn’t the case in the movie or isn’t in the series but for some reason “one track” is stuck in my head - plus the characters often talk about areas they pass through repeatly - which adds to they idea of “one track”.

what you say makes sense. That Wilford joined up the existing tracks.

I think it's an entirely custom track that was built, given it does some particularly crazy routes like going up over the Arctic circle to cross the Baring sea so it can cross the Pacific, IIRC. It's a huge, superfast train so like the Japanese bullet train would likely necessitate its own track - especially once the world collapsed and had to get going. Otherwise it might have slammed straight into some old world train, running slowly or stuck on the tracks once that country's rail network collapsed.

As to the number, I think there's at least one test track; and again, IIRC, that's what Big Alice was using to sneakily exist behind Snowpiercer's back.

Chiefly though, it's a show that kinda asks you not to think TOO hard on the premise, as it is inherently silly.

I think Oz will either be killed or join Layton.

Well that ended quicker than I expected.

Asha is definitely hiding something or maybe she is straight up bonkers.

Long live the resistance :)

• Advertisement

3.3: Well.. that sure looks set up for

the end of Laytons side and the return of Wilford.. again! A bit of a shoehorn feel to the lie.

That sure was some performance out of Annalise Basso though! Long live the resistance!

Advertisement