Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

There are two start up and turn off settings I found in the system, and can't find them again or in the manual, and want to apply to both user profiles - anyone know where they are?

1. When you turn off the car, the radio/media/infotainment turns off. By default it stays on until you open the door.
    2. When you turn on the car, the radio/media does not start regardless of what was playing. By default it starts where it was left.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

No surprise ioniq 5 is best selling ev in Jan. Impressive numbers. Cars in Jan are more than half the number of Tesla's sold last year.

Is the next delivery date for ioniq 5's march. Dont see any ships booked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

I happened to ask yesterday while collecting g ours and was told April if you were ordering now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

Found it under: Settings - General - Media settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Picked up mine today ....

Went to have a look last Thursday week. Was smitten. Did test drive Friday, ordered Monday and picked it up today.

Great service from EP Mooney Deansgrange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks. Mystic Olive - lovely when the sun hits it - hints of copper and green.

Nice, haven't seen it in real life as yet.. Enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

I ordered 1st Dec and was given mid April delivery date. Still no VIN or update + a lot of customers in uk have had their deliveries stretched to 5/6 months

so hoping all goes to plan here. Obviously some dealers here placed orders for phantom customers which is resulting in some lucky customers now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's a fabulous looking car. Best of luck to all who have bought or are waiting on one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

The mileage won't matter unless your handing it back I thought? If your keeping it and paying off the gfmv at the end of three years it doesn't matter what the mileage is at that point. If your going to refinance for the next 3 years, again the mileage doesn't matter as you refinance on the gfmv. If your going to hand over the keys after three years and say you don't want it anymore, then the mileage matters and you may need to hand over money based on how much you went over the set limit made out on the contract for PCP. But who does that after they have payed off over half the cost of the car. Am I right in saying this or has something changed since my last PCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

What's the story with front parking sensors on Premium Plus models? Seems to be a random thing if you get them or not!

I see in adoyle07 Plus model a few posts back that there are no sensors on front bumper or wheel arch where as on Plus model just gone to customer from FitzPatrick's in Kildare that there is on that one.

Edit: adoylo07 has Premium with 20" alloy option maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

adoyle is a premium so appears no front sensors. There is on the premium plus. Their two different specs.

Premium plus has the additional parking functions like remote park etc which sensors all round the car are used for. So all premium plus have front sensors if not those features wouldn't be present either.

So seems that is premium with 20 inch wheels and apparently dealers can retrofit sensors also for additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That is really lovely well wear! When we decided to go for one in January we were told only black, white or shooting star matt were available at the time out of the stock in the country in the executive 58 models, went for the black in the end but its a nightmare to keep clean in the crap weather, maybe you got lucky with a cancelled order or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

What to do in case of flat 12V battery

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Wow that's gorgeous. i really wasnt mad on the Olive colour when i saw it in the premium with the silver trim, but with the black it just looks brilliant.

I really think the black trim just looks better in pretty much all colours, maybe Cyber Grey or Gravity gold aside.

Enjoy, Mooney's Deansgrange were excellent with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Always worth watching. Be aware that he has a 2021 model Project 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

i'd agree with all but also add -

1. if your plan is to keep the car after 3 years there's no reason not to take the pcp. it'll be a much lower rate of interest so save you money. even if you want to change car at the end of the 3years you can pay the GMFV and sell privately. i think you'll still come out in front as the car will not be depreciating to a point that you will loose out.
    2. having moved from an old diesel to an electric myself (not an ioniq but, initially an egolf) i can say that you will love it and not begrudge the money you spent.

Collected ours on Wednesday, like others I'm impressed. Lot's of toys for the price, and so so smooth. Some of the positivity is more general enjoying our first EV. (e.g. preheating cabin this morning!)

Coming from Fabia Estate, the back seat is huuuuge. Have 2 x rear facing car seats and you wouldn't notice up front.

Did airport run today, and let the various driver assists keep me on the road on the M50. The lane control is pretty aggressive, but on decent width roads it really reduces driver load. That and adaptive cruise control means that very little driver input is required to maintain steady state.

Consumption was about 18.5 kWh for the 90 minutes driving. 90% on M50, 10% getting to/from M50.

No real questions or mmmm moments. Lack of cubby holes in the boot maybe, have ordered a couple of velcro sticky organizers to sort that out. With young kids, it's handy to have different spaces to try to put order on the sh!t you need in the boot! (esp. in winter!)

Got it from Mooney's long mile, and their service was pretty good. They had no issue with my endless stream of chasing emails asking when car was coming etc. And then took a good while over the handover which was nice.

This weekend we're planning another road trip for the craic, and to try public charging (to see what its about), but other than that I think we are just settling into using it normally. Have a trip to the South of France in August, so that will be a different experience. :-)

Interesting watch (and interesting that it's basically the same procedure as an ICE jump start). Out of interest, for people who've had the I5 for a while, has anybody actually experienced this 12V "issue" for reasons outside of their control, e.g. leaving lights on or playing for ages on infotainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

That looks like a great accessory to have in case of a flat 12v battery. A friend of mine with an Ionic recently had that very problem and he had to call out the AA to get him going again.

The only problem is that the Arteck shown in the video doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere on-line. Does anyone have experience of any decent alternatives?

The mention of using the 'Utility' setting was new to me. Didn't know about that. Very handy when running the radio or messing with settings while the car is not powered up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 adoyle07

Yes, Mine is Premium with 20 inch wheels, in October when I test drove a Premium it had the front sensors on it, I think I will get these fitted as it is hard to judge except if you are forward facing a wall with the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

I saw it mentioned earlier that front sensors could be fitted for approx €300 I would be very interested if anyone can confirm if sensors can be fitted. I asked my dealer to get them fitted as add on while car is being built and was told Hyundai are only building to spec and not offering add on option at present!! I then asked them to fit when car arrives in Ireland and pointed out that a kit seemed to be available on Hyundai Europe site but was told this kit was not available in Ireland. Just wondering if anyone has managed to have it done and where so I can challenge dealer to get it done?

Your quote.."The only problem is that the Arteck shown in the video doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere on-line. Does anyone have experience of any decent alternatives?"

There are many different makes, all should do similar job. Doesn't need to have much power. We went for Noco boost, a bit more powerful but handy to have in the car as will start other engines such as auxiliary boat diesel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

An odd one this morning on my Premium Plus. Used the app to preheat the cabin for just under 10 minutes and, using the app, switched of the heating as I left the house.

When I went out to the car the doors would not open either with the proximity setting or by pressing the fob or by pressing the handle but the tailgate opened with all three methods. After gaining entry with the key the other doors opened using the individual internal handles but the fob did not work. Where people have reported 12 volt battery problems the doors would not open from the inside. The car was warm.

The car started immediately but the heating came on full blast and the steering wheel heating came on, though the settings by the app were for off and a max of 19.5 degrees. Switched all the heating off manually, ensured the air was off re circulation.

The car drove OK but soon steamed up. Manually used the controls to clear the windows.

After 20 kms tried the fob to lock and unlock the doors and all worked OK. Dropped into the dealer’s and they put the problem on the car’s history on the computer.

I suggested that the problem was more likely with the app than with the car and the best idea would be to keep an eye out for similar problems with or without use of the app.

Driven 35 kms since leaving the dealer’s, in and out of the car a few times with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I think the app in general seems to have a lot of bugs. A lot of people are having trouble with the scheduled charging and on our own car it sometimes alerts us that the car is unlocked, when it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adoyle07

I asked the Dealer today if he can fit the front sensors, they haven't done any to date on the I5. On another note found a great spot for a phone holder with suction cup that would normally work on the windscreen... works a treat, smooth surface beneath the climate control..

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

PCP and HP are same APR with Hyundai for Ioniq 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

You are correct. Only really an issue if you want to hand it back and walk away as there are mileage penalties then if it’s over the limit.

Higher mileage will affect any trade in value too of course.

You would only really be handing it back if they got the GFMV really wrong and the car was worth less than the GFMV, something the finance company will definitely try to avoid happening. They want their money back not a car they’ll then have to sell on. If you go well over the mileage limit you could push the trade in value under the GFMV, but if you wanted to keep it then just pay GFMV.

Advertisement