Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment 2021 (Closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

Did you fail the AC last time round if you dnt mind me asking? I recently had mine and cannot tell how I did. I feel I did ok for some but terrible in other parts. The time given I found wasn’t sufficient enough for me and that’s where I think I failed. But then again one never knows what they look for as I may have hit key points.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

Yeah I failed by only 1.5 percent 😪

I've looked back and realised things I should have said. And have firmly engraved these into my mind for this time, and I'm attending a training class, so I'm hoping to have an edge this time round.

There was a scenario i did the first time round, that i thought I absolutely sucked at, but when I got the feedback, I did better than I thought. So I wouldn't work yourself up. You might have done better than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 po-lo-iceh

How has AC been so far? I’ve heard that they could make you resit the IST?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 weePetrolman

At my AC there were no facilities or frankly even no time to be able to resit the IST for verification purposes. That being said, I'm sure they can introduce certain sessions that will do a retest but it isn't something you should be worrying about - that stage is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

As far as I know it's something they can reserve to do for verification purposes only, probably if there's a suspicious IST score. Not sure how someone would cheat the IST though I was so pressed for time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 usernameused95

This may be the least of my worries but what was the dress code like for AC, both men and women?

Thank you, and best of luck to everyone.

Thanks. was it easy enough to move from room to room on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alpha Charlie

Completed my AC yesterday. Definitely worth while and advisable to nosey on FB for No Tomatoes, their class definitely made the AC that bit easier, not sure how I've done yet, but without their class I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Moving between rooms is easy , Deloitte staff were very useful and friendly.

I also had role players smiling at the end, again may have just been them being polite

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Hi was the no tomatoes class worthwhile . I haven't booked yet. Its pretty expensive tho.

Missed out on merit list last time by 1.5 %

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

I had mine recently too and felt the exact same way! Felt I was stonewalled but going over it in my head I was maybe overthinking it. But yea so hard to know just have to wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alpha Charlie

I seen it as a small investment into your future.

If you fail I think they reimburse you 50% of the fee, that's how confident they are

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I believe so. I done their course and it helped me big time! I know they offer a 50% refund in the case of not passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Unknown117

anyone else any experience of said course? i’ve it in the near future and i’m hoping it’s worth the money 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CGX21

I missed my AC last year by 1.75% and due to go again very soon. Didn’t do the course and didn’t know what to expect last year. I think you just have to get into the mindset of a day on the job, the assessment starts as you walk in.

this time around I will take the course, I feel it’ll just give me the edge to bring my mark up and over the line hopefully! Also NT are paying candidates half their fee if they don’t make merit, so they must be pretty confident their advice is good advice!

good luck to all.

Did my AC there, anyone else really not sure how they did after finishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

I think that's normal. I did it in the last intake and had no idea how I'd done, but I came 300-400 in the merit list!

Bit of a relief then, definitely knew two parts I did not perform too well in but hoping that overall it balanced up, nows the waiting game I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

What stage in 2020 campaign are you on now? Did You hear anything else?

• Advertisement

Are they talking about new, March intake there? 🙈 Any news?

Hopefully your intake won't be waiting as long as we did 🤣

I passed all stages of 2020 campaign but withdrew my application. Another opportunity arose and, almost 2 years after applying my circumstances changed!

Good luck then. Hope it will be much quicker than last one 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MoonBaby01

Hi guys

I have my AC date coming up this month, I know I can do it if I can just get over myself and keep my head in the game, however getting this job means so much to me that there is so much pressure. Has anyone got any advice to settle your nerves before hand because every time I'm thinking about it has my mouth dry and my heart absolutely racing!! let alone how I'm going to feel when I get there, which typically isn't like me at all - but because this job means so much I guess it's effecting me like this.

The NT training with Roger and David covered a good amount of training however there are some scenarios I feel haven't been talked about enough and I am worried THEY are the scenarios in going to get at the AC!

Any advice or tips for a very keen newbie would be appreciated this is my first time applying.

I did very very well in my IST scoring over 40 so I know I can do this - it's just this hurdle that's getting me!

I totally understand how you're feeling, I felt the same way when I did mine in the last recruitment drive. I didn't do any courses or anything so can't advise on what you did and didn't learn from it.

What I will say is, they aren't expecting you to know it all. They aren't expecting you to know how to be the 'perfect' police officer. Be yourself. Really read up on the competencies and values framework. Every stage of your assessment is based on how you meet those.

It is nerve wracking and you are put on the spot, but stay calm and think logically about what you want to say. You have a short amount of time to plan for each role play before doing it so use that time wisely!

You can do it!

The best thing to do is be yourself. Read the materials that NT gave you. They will be your best friend in any scenario. Don’t rush things and think of what you’re going to say and how the CVF comes into effect. The guys at the AC’s aren’t there to catch you out of make a fool out of you. If they see you stuck they will help you. You will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Double-Espresso

Hello. How long does it take to get your AC results usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

Mine took around a year due to covid, generally about 4-5 months unless you’re fast tracked

Are the results usually released in two stages? Like firstly your initial results then secondly if you have made merit list, or is it usually released in one correspondence?

• Advertisement

If they are fast tracking people they usually have 3 FT groups. They get told they are on the ML but not where on it. Everyone has to wait until initial date which is May for results

Advertisement