Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭billyhead

I suppose Mannion could be that target man if he was available. If we had himself and McCaffrey playing this year I don't doubt we would be serious challengers for the AI.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think that we've still got great players, but we no longer have the great tactics to go with those players. Definitely not getting the most out of the players that we've got so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

I've had the same user name for almost 2 decades now. Time flies.

Realistically panel players for Mayo, Kerry & Tyrone look better than ours, but that might be a function of us having a beady eye on our own, and being more forgiving of young lads coming onto those panels. Due to the numbers available in those counties, it is possible that they have to have more patience with a young player and stick with him for a number of years. For every Aaron Byrne who has been on the edge of the panel for a few years, we have a number of players who make an OBC panel, and then drift off, never to be seen again in a county shirt. In my own club I can think of five lads who have lined out at the beginning of the year in one or two seasons, and then are cut adrift never to play IC again. When those lads are compared to the couple of lads in the club who play with other counties, they are not found lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

isnt that what colm O Rourke was getting at a wwhile ago? that dublin has so many footballers many good ones never really get a chance to play for dublin. i think he was mentioning dublin being allowed put in a B team into the League and chamionship. it would actually be really good if counties were allowed put B teams into the League at least. But can anyone tell me why dublin dont have a Junior football team and participate in the Junior Leinster chanmpionship, surely a great competition to view players from non senior clubs at least.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Can't really see us getting a result tomorrow just hoping we show some positive signs as the team and the way we played last week I would expect us to get well beat .Not sure what the Kerry team will be but they would love to give us a good going over obviously .Anyway hope I end up with egg on my face and we get a result .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It was a Junior AI win that really kickstarted a lot of the last decades Dublin panel when they beat Roscommon in 2008. Fitzsimons. O'Gara and a lot of lads were on that team. I suppose Dublin now feel there is no need for it?

To me it is short sighted and has echoes of how Dublin did not even bother entering an u21 team for a good few years in the 90's and in earlier decades. I think Heffernan was well known to have hated the u21 grade as well.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It is live on the telly on RTE. That is my half hearted excuse for not going to Tralee. To be honest, I think it would only put me in a bad humour. So instead I will watch it on telly, and if it gets too annoying, I at least can switch off!!

The Dublin v Waterford Hurling match is live on telly as well by the way - on TG4. But I will go to that one in Parnell as it should be enjoyable sort of a game.

Will watch on the telly myself have been down to the last few there but petrol costs etc a bit pricey for just going up and down for a league game on TV. Will go on Sunday though .I may have to turn the sound down depending who the pundits are of course .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'll be leaving Ashbourne at 12 midday. Could meet ye in Red Cow luas car park at 12.30. I'm coming straight back after the game.

In case it's just the expense putting ye off, the offer is there.

If you dont mention the 5 in a row on the way down. I won't mention the game on the way back if we win

Thanks for the offer dolman but actually drove down to Cork yesterday so don't really fancy another day on the road but anyway say trip and thanks for the offer .

• Advertisement

Fair play for the offer. But I am set as it is. Had a tiler doing the kitchen this morning. I hope this is not a tactic to butter the Dubs up, so they will go soft on youse!? 😉

I would say Kerry are 'quietly confident'. But then again, Kerry always are! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Lol. How could we be confident watching the muck they've served up the last couple of years and in Newbridge last week. But anyway.

Just landed in Tralee, nice few dubs floating around and nice atmosphere in pubs I was walking past. Great to see after the last 2 years of the C word.

Enjoy the game wherever ye end up watching 👍

Is Pat Spillane hogging that umbrella or what's the craic?

Joke shop us naming that team today and so many changes this late.

Whatever about 1 or 2 not being risked coming back from injury, that many changes leaves us so brittle looking.

Edit: should probably go the way of other sports where you name a panel and pick your team an hour before throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Nervous about this match, Dublin look very weak. If they lose, the media will go into overdrive writing them off, which might nit be a bad thing. Given the absent players I don't mind a defeat as long as it's not a heavy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cutbacks in rte, one umbrella between 3 !

looks absolutely shîte down there weather-wise… high winds, driving sheets of rain, a low scoring game you’d think… Extra value in goals…

id agree with McStay… Kerry

ref doesn’t throw it up straight then penalises Dublin when they should have a free..

Lane is nothing but consistently dreadful.

Super strike from Comerford there. Good to have that long lefty option again.

Poor turnover by Fenton there, kerry get a score from it.

was The last Kerry point wide looking?

• Advertisement

Dreadful play. Very weak half arsed efforts along the line to intercept.

Not much contact but you’d see why it was given… missed.. justice you’d say… terrible kick.

Gas...the boy wonder missed!

Fair play to Rock!

Conor Lane strikes again. Wrong man too by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭JRant

G'wan Rock

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

**** sake! Stupid indiscipline, goal wiped, lose a player and kerry score

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That's outrageous referring

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Ah feck it. Disallowed because of a Scully black card - should have been McMahon. Ref got the wrong man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Very harsh penalty. Ref needs to consider the conditions.

Advertisement