Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the attempts to stop the British government amnesty for the troubles futile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

More personal insults from the usual source. It is all you have, referring to other posters as foolish and children when your arguments have no merit.

Your analysis is wrong. Soldier F wasn't the British State on Bloody Sunday. There were no orders from London to do what he did. There was no referendum to approve his actions in advance. There were no laws passed by Parliament to authorise him. In fact, there were no acts of murdering and lawlessness in Northern Ireland carried out by the British State, they were actions by individuals.

The British State is the collective of all the citizens of the UK. The British government is those elected to government in that democratic state. There is no evidence that the British State had any hand, act or part in approving the actions of those who took part on Bloody Sunday - just ask any ordinary British citizen. As for the British government, whatever about hiding the deed afterwards or not responding properly to them, there is no evidence that they ordered Bloody Sunday in advance.

I may well be wrong but I am of the belief that many of those who refer to the British State in some sort of abstract way are doing so because of their uncomfortableness in actually expressing their true beliefs which might reveal them to be sectarian or racist. It is a thin veneer that doesn't take much to scrape off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

'It has never been demonstrated that the British government murdered innocent people?'

Eh?

its army certainly did. the anniversary of one such sad occasion has just passed. My god, i think that really says a lot about yourself blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Soldier F wasn't a sole trader. It was the British state organised terrorism and murdered civilians and covered it up and are denying victims families justice. You trying to dismiss it as a definition of what state means was childish to me and dishonest. As bad as when you tried to claim it was a few people crossed the line. What a joke.

An underhanded inference of racism. How low. Its literally used to separate the ordinary person from the actions of the state. You cant be that unaware.

Admiring the Queen and denying crimes by the British state. Busy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Miniegg

Blanch152 - I certainly do believe the British government ordered the parachute regiment into Northern Ireland to kill it's own citizens. There is insurmountable evidence that points to this - i can list it if you would like. The governments absolute refusal to investigate and prosecute, and their disgraceful decision to seal documents for another 100 years does not mean no evidence.

To say that I am somehow "racist or sectarian" for holding these views is absolutely pathetic and completely untrue. The fact you would enfer this upon anyone who challenges your willfull naivety tells alot about your own mindset than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You think you're being all lofty and high minded but actually all you're doing there is holding the British state to the same standards as proscribed terrorist organisations..

• Advertisement

There isn't a single piece of evidence to suggest that the orders to open fire on Bloody Sunday came from the government in London. Yes, they covered it up, and hid what their army did, but protecting after the fact isn't the same as ordering in advance.

I wasn't referring to you in my post, I was actually responding to a different poster, so unless you are the same person posting, how do you take that reference as being to you?

The government has investigated, there have been two tribunals on Bloody Sunday, albeit the first one was a farce, so that doesn't hold water. Prosecutions have been attempted but failed in the courts. There is no evidence that the British government ordered the parachute regiment to kill its own citizens.

Not sure what you mean by "same person" - you didn't refer to anyone specific in your post. You made a general statement that "many" who believe the British state ordered and covered up British army killings are, beneath it all, sectarian or racists. At least that's how I read it.

So your evidence is that a rogue captain in the British Army turned a blind eye to a single Loyalist operation, and somehow that means that the whole British people organised terrorism and murdered civilians. What a stretch.

You are the one that took the reference to include yourself, not me.

• Advertisement

You made a completely incorrect general statement that people who hold a certain view (which is not unwarranted) are sectarian or racist. I hold that view and am 100% neither of those things. Generalizing people who you do not agree with into being something repugnant is doing exactly what you are preaching against.

There is mountains of evidence that Britain ordered and covered up British Army killings in NI. Their conduct, treatment of guilty soldiers, smearing campaigns, inconsistencies, withholding of documents and even attempts change one of the fundamental laws of the civilized world all point to this.

But you are willing to ignore all of this because there is no official British government document has surfaced showing that they directly ordered killings? Unfortunately that document cannot be ascertained as the British Government have ordered all official documents relating to their role in those killings to be sealed for 100 years, completely circumventing freedom of information and the usual protocol.

Why would they do this do you think?

I posted my evidence. Cameron apologised and it was more than one killer. Who incidentally never faced justice thanks to the British state. Which was my point before you tried to come to its rescue.

I always found it bewildering when looking at the like of Fine Gael but hate is a curious thing. Your own are only your own when its convenient and they vote for your party it seems.

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

I made a typo error in one of my previous posts, the UDA was actually a legal terrorist organisation up until 1992 despite being involved in the murders of hundreds of innocent Catholics.

It's ironic your attitude on this blanch, the same logic (faulty logic btw) could be applied to many of the IRAs worst atrocities, the British intelligence assesment done by the British on the Kingsmill massacre showed that the IRA leadership did not order the attack and it was done by a small IRA unit acting on their own.

So judging by the logic you use, the IRA were in no way responsible for Kingsmill and many of their other worst atrocities? Or let me guess, the rules are different for the British🙄

At least the IRA did not award the people who carried out Kingsmill with medals for their "good work" as the Queen on behalf of the British state did the soldiers of Bloody Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

they threw a lovely coming home party for garda murderers though didnt they , and after trying to force early release for the murdering piece of dirt

fact is we still dont know who carried out many of the iras atrocity's because there were and are still protected by sf , isnt that true ?

Yes and quite rightly. You see were the British have their rules and decisions to legally dodge trial or any justice the former IRA would be at the mercy of the very people they were fighting against. You wouldn't leave former French resistance to a nazi court.

As per the thread topic, the British state is doing the exact same only under the pretence of being 'legitimate'.

your quite happy to support a "political party" who are protecting war criminals rather that justice for all sides ?

that's an interesting stance considering your party's active attempts to re write history

I believe they and everyone else except the British, want no part of this amnesty.

You are asking me if i have a particular stance, then criticising me before I answer. Hilarious.

I don't have a party.

The British are the only 'legitimate' party who are actively hiding from accountability.

so they lost control of their army - even worse. and then lied about it. You dont really think your arguments through ...

• Advertisement

at least have to balls to stand by your support of terrorism brucie

i asked you if you were happy about sfira throwing a party for garda killers who were first denyed then accepted by sf you said

"Yes and quite rightly. " disgusting attitude in favor of disgusting behavior. i even gave you a chance to clarify but all you did was evade and bluster , and Gerr McCabe was only one of the many victims . at least he got some justice , many more didn't get any .

Sort of sick that you think thats "hilarious" brucie

of all the aggressively pro sf posters here ive never seen one own it and admit to it ,

I mean sf advertise and promote their "on line army" yet no one ever admits to being a member , why the deception and secrecy i wonder

I don't support any violence. I'm trying to explain to you why the former members of an illegal organisation wouldn't be turning themselves in to the very authorities they were fighting against.

I was answering the question you actually asked regarding sf hiding IRA.

Don't the British give their killers medals and pensions?

I'm not pro SF. I have my own opinions. You are being very dishonest in your failed attempts at sensationalism. You're losing the run of yourself.

The only online army I'm aware of is the one Vardkar floated setting up.

Why are you trying to deflect the actions of the British and try make it all about SF? Are you a rabid FG'er? Your tactics seem very like theirs.

you support those who carry out violence if you support sf, killers bombers smugglers , peados rapists and fraudsters . dont know how any normal person could thing that those people shouldn't face justice for their crimes regardless of their political affiliation

those british soiders who committed war crimes should be punished in the same vein

sf on line army . Become an Online Supporter | Sinn Féin (sinnfein.ie)

you post almost exclusively pro sf ira propaganda ,at least own it, your fooling no one francie sorry bruice

and display this by the default setting to being called out is to accuse that person of being a fffger ( a just slightly less offensive pair of organizations imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Forgiveness with the ability to control the anger at those who did us wrong. Sinn Fein are no innocent party yet we have to move on from the topic of the smoking gun literally in politics. SF has evolved over the years to become a centre left party maturing to gain ground by parking their ambivalence of promoting violence against others whilst hating it being done to them. The DUP not acquiescing to that modus operandi in the way of thinking has lead to gains for the Alliance and that is going to benefit SF in the future. Now stand back from the first enquiry (total horse sh*t that it was) and take the following into consideration. Whether or not the soldiers were ordered to shoot innocent unarmed civilians on the day of Bloody Sunday, the army is still vicariously liable for their actions therefore must hold those culpable to be brought to justice. I am not a member of SF by any stretch of the imagination however would have and would still give them their vote as they have matured. SF as of late started with apologies for Mountbatten (judos to Mary Lou for that, a monumental occasion). Summing up - forgiveness is not easy when one is stuck in the midst of the blame game

Jerry McCabe has not yet got justice. The person who authorised the operation has never faced justice.

The only way you can excuse terrorists not turning themselves into the authorities is if you are a supporter of those terrorists. Let us see which terrorists you support and which you don't and how far you would go to support them. Three quick yes or no answers.

Do you think that the people who fired on the PSNI and killed Lyra McKee should turn themselves in?

Do you think that the people who submitted Mairia Cahill to an illegal IRA court should turn themselves in?

Do you think that the people who beat Paul Quinn to death should turn themselves in?

If they lost control of their army and lied about it, they were certainly taking lessons from the playbook of the PIRA, from Jean McConville right through to Jerry McCabe the PIRA have been at that one plenty of times.

That only applies if I consider the IRA to be a proper army rather than a organised group of criminal thugs.

• Advertisement

Blanch, as if you care about Jerry McCabe or Jean Mcconville anymore than the people who killed them, you've tossed those names about on threads a shocking amount of times like some sort of political footballs, and quite frankly you should be ashamed of yourself.

You always go on about Jean Mcconville yet I've never once heard you mention the name Joan Connolly, another Mother of eight who a few months previous was shot in the face and body numerous times by the army and left to bleed to death for hours in a field while she screamed for help with half her face blown off.

Advertisement