Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 nations and world championship 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

Devine the scrum half has been excellent, keeping speed in Ireland attack. Great run by Culhane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

TMO was gagging to overturn that. Very harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

They are all out of their depth FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dreadful from the TMO

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

That's the softest obstruction I've ever seen given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Shocking call by the TMO, the ref should have stuck to her on field call of no obstruction and not have been pressured by the TMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That’s incredibly harsh… there was nothing unnatural about the arm position… unless he was to take his arm off and put it in his pocket…

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

What is this nonsense, since when have tmo's moved from answering the ref's question to pushing their opinion and changing the ref's mind?

The officiating in this game is just getting worse

The ref I think made the correct decision. Who does the final decision lie with ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

where do they think the irish hooker is meant to go???

He didnt change his line, he just stopped and turned.

Terrrible call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The referee allowing the TMO to make decision there. She appeared to feel he was wrong but didn't have the confidence to challenge his view.

Hold onto a few phases here as a very clear forward pass there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep, clear as day. The linesman in completely wrong position.

I didnt compare her to anyone. She has made several mistakes. If she wants to learn on the job it should be done at a much lower level. This is definitely not the place for her to do it and could do her development more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

For a moment I thought the ref had been hurt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

She should be taken off for a HIA.

She took that hit well

She got in the way of the play again and had to jump on the floor. Her positioning is brutal.

Can a ref be replaced at HT?

• Advertisement

Being a ref is an incredibly hard job, ive done it in other sports and its difficult.

Look she is doing her best.

Its not the level you want international rugby refs to be at, but its not the difference between the teams. She has room for improvement in her game and hopefully that happens.

You would hope that games are not decided by refs mistakes and this one does not look like it will be.

Ireland Look impressive, and wales look sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I actually feel sorry for her. She’s way out out of her depth. If it was a male ref we’d be calling for his head although not sure a TMO would have pressured a male ref like that.

Plenty I the league have been as bad ref wise. She has calmed down with the pens thankfully

I've reffed too. She has been terrible so far and someone else pointed out she was poor in a previous game.

Not good enough to say "well at least she hasnt cost anyone the game"

Thats nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Ref is dire. Spoiling the game in my view. 10 penalties against Wales in 22 mins. Even the commentator is questioning the decisions now. Such a shame. The Welsh coaching staff must be fuming. Having said that the Welsh are poor. All over the place in defence and lacking structure in attack with poor decision making.

Ireland going well.

All im saying is that I dont think she is going to impact the result in a way that refs sometimes can.

If this was a tight game with a championship on the line it could be a far bigger problem, currently its only an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

The Welsh fans as they always do are just moaning about the referee, its never the fact they have just been totally outplayed its always the ref's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Can ye move on from the ref. She isnt having any impact on the result of this as Ireland have been clearly the better/stronger team

Far from spoiling the game. there has been some lovely rugby from Ireland against a very big Welsh pack especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The ref hasn't been remotely as bad as made out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

I must say for such big players that welsh pack hasnt got half a brain between them, the amount of dumb penalties they have conceded is incredible, makes you wonder was their whole gameplan just to try bully Ireland.

Advertisement