Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crinkley

Nice to see a continuous flow of interviews. I think it was roughly a week for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bleak House

How Many was called Last Time for Galway? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lisaconway

Did my interview for Dublin last Tuesday, I had done one before and was confident but I got a prickly panel who were really nit picking..oh dear..and I had a fractured rib doing it as have had really bad cough since covid. Jaysus!!hopefully I got it..I tried to charm them but it didnt work..haha..good luck everyone..That was on the 1st of February so hopefully I hear soon!!

I am sure you did fine. I felt very nervous going in and thought it was 50/50 that I passed after but heard back just over a week later that I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Did my interview yesterday and got the good news today I’m over the moon. Can someone advise what is the process.

• Advertisement

Congrats, what a way to start your weekend. They’ll be in contact about pre employment checks. Hopefully you won’t be left waiting long

Thank you so much, I’m delighted I really hope my number is called quickly lol I did it for Dublin so im praying it won’t be long

• Registered Users Posts: 20 VictorMR1990

Hey guys, I also got the good news today that I passed stage 2. I applied for Dublin. But they didn’t mention anything about my position after stage 2, does anyone know if I should get really excited or I could end up waiting for nothing? 😅

You keep your same position and considering it’s dublin I would feel safe get excited. Just be patient it can take a while but hopefully not

You’d imagine dublin will move quickly enough at least you know you’re practically guaranteed a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

Had my interview weds. Just got the message! Was supprised to have kept OOM in Dublin. Hard to know if i should be excited or not with a 1 year panel!?

Don’t worry at all Lindy I’d be very shocked if they didn’t call at least another 5 dublin batches this year never mind everyone who passed the first batch getting a job

Thank you for all the advice you have been most helpful, Can I ask what preclearance information they would need?

You’ll need Garda clearance so all your addresses from 16 I think it is. Also references, and they’ll be a health questionnaire as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9 VLN

Thanks a lot for the info. Received expression of interest for interview also for Waterford today. I'm in mid 50's. Not sure what to do as I would prefer Wexford instead of Waterford. Found out yesterday that Wexford interviewing atm 11.

If you would prefer Wexford I’d email Pas and see what number they got to last time and then consider your number for this year and if you’d likely get an interview. Saying that you can interview for Waterford and put in for mobility but you can’t move for 2 years

It would be amazing my oom is just under 300.. fingers crossed.

Tk u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 VictorMR1990

My OOM was 412 after stage 1, so I’ll keep an eye on this forum to hear if Lindyd33 gets called cos I should apparently be right behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bigmac_a

Does anyone know the total number of applicants for Dublin?

I think you’d need to email PAS for that, there is 100 jobs urgently required for the passport offices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnym

Congrats to all you got great news. Well done to you all. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

The new county forms they send you allows you to pick locations i.e. Glanmire, Mayfield, Bishopstown, Cork city, Blackpool etc.

Is it almost a given so that those of us on the Cork and Dublin panels with OOM's due to be called soon will be placed in the passport office?

I have no idea I just seen that there is a push to get in 100 new staff in the passport offices. It was the 9 o’clock news.

Im in Dublin, i got expression of interest for interview on 17/01 and had interview 02/02. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hello.there

I came second on my county panel and last night I was asked to fill out a form stating which areas of my county I would accept a job. This was sent from the pas recruitment team so I'd presume they have jobs to sort 🤷‍♀️🎉

Hopefully you're all not waiting too long. 🙂

Just out of interest are passport office workers allowed work from home, even part time? I know it probably wouldn't be an option at the begining. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

Hi Vologda69 - Could you explain this a little more please? It sounds very interesting. Thanks!

Advertisement