Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

For a trip across France have a look at abetterrouteplanner website/app and would be worth getting an Ionity subscription, if you didn't get one with the car.

Glad you're enjoying the EV, no going back now 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah, been playing with it already. (Did it to inform the buying decision initially!)

Was thinking about ionity alright, but hadn't done maths on subscription v PAYG. The news about tesla supercharger was interesting too. Not sure how much of a French resident one needs to be though. ( I have a French address I could use if that's all they need).

The network seems pretty good in France, and charge points seem to have lots of bays.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

I was flicking through the manual yesterday and came across a section which stated that when the 12v battery charge level drops below a certain percentage the vehicle monitoring system will spot this and switch in a recharge for 20 minutes from the main battery. If this works, then a separate booster would seem unnecessary. The trouble is that the only way to find out is to wait for a flat 12v battery!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Boards be like To Gandalph: " "YOU SHALL NOT POST!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

This was in the old car also, the problem is if there is a continuous drain on the battery then this boost isn't enough to maintain the battery so an alternative way of boosting the battery is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

There are plenty of examples quoted of the recharge from the main batteries to the 12 volt either not kicking in sufficiently or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Jeepers 5.9% is high. That’s a serious consideration for any buyer- I only pulled the trigger on a new car because 0% pcp was on offer with vw.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

That's for an ICE right?

Best rate loan or PCP you'll get for an electric vehicle is 3.9% from certain credit unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭fits

no 0% was on offer for the Id.3 last may. A lucky few of us availed of it.

i think you could get 1.9% on the Id.4 tech model until recently.

• Advertisement

Fair play! I was trying to get an ID 4 (style) around July and was nothing like that rate

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Post edited by DaveByDavid on

I did a small top up last night of about 35% of 58kWh battery, so about 20kWh. Asked my wife to guess how much a third of a "tank" cost us...she knows EVs are much cheaper, so guessed about e8. I delighted in telling that it was about e2! Lol.

Nothing really to ad here, just feeling happy about EV world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

It is, but all the big manufacturers are the same. VAG are 4.9% across the board now and there's already a big price difference between the ID4 and Ioniq 5, for the 58kw at least. We were on a 0% deal on our Seat Ateca that we sold to get the Ioniq and the way I justified it was the grant was covering the cost of the interest repayments with the deposit we put in, were on HP rather than PCP. The car is costing us exactly €200 more a month but I'll easily save more than that on petrol and that's without counting what petrol my wife was using. I know there's a bit of "man-maths" at play but it sits ok with me anyway, as long as these Ioniqs don't drastically drop in value which I don't think they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

I’m a big fan of man maths too…I’d be confident your ioniq won’t depreciate like a stone, they seem like a great machine- I’d gladly swap my id3 for one.

the high interest rates though- it’s almost as if the car manufacturers are ahead of the central banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

Jaysus lads, our lady folk would be ashamed of us! "What spec did you go for"..."Oh, The blue one".😄 I have to admit, the whole colour range on the ionic 5 is really nice!

I test drove one today and followed up with the Kona (salesman knew what he was doing there with that sequence). The Kona is so loud in comparison, felt like little difference to an ICE, but it was really perception after the ionic 5, which is one seriously classy vehicle. Well wear to all who have got one👌.

Anyone found much haggle room on price of the ionic or is supply shortage impeding any potential haggling on price? A bit smitten by it, so hoping to place an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Doesn’t seem to be any shortage of ioniqs on route!

we too are seriously tempted, just the boot space we are unsure of/ need to make sure our dog fits. Anyone with a large breed dog how are they getting on? Reckon we’d have to take the partition out for ours to fit.

We have two dogs: A Cockapoo and a Labradoodle, both medium size. No problem at all fitting them in the boot (having first fitted a decent boot liner!). The only slight problem is that the Ioniq 5 is quite a bit higher than my previous car, so the older dog can't jump in any more. I've got a folding ramp which works just fine, or failing that I just lift him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Between the pics on here and seeing a few around Galway City, I actually now prefer the Ioniq 5 to the EV6, love the quirky ( though not too quirky) styling , prefer also that it's higher ,the Ioniq 5 has grown on me where as I've sort of gone off the Kia ( I spend quite a bit of time car spotting )

Looks best in silver in my view, haven't ordered one yet ,still considering which spec ,most likely the one just below 50 K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'm strongly considering an Ioniq 5 and will be looking to finance. We can afford it and have used PCP before but with 0% finance first three years and 5.6% for next three. So looking at total cost of credit this time is really bothering me. Can afford it but trying to figure out how to reduce it. I see Avant Money have car loans at 5.9% APR. was thinking that with a loan through them would have more chance of getting money off with some of the dealers as would be giving them straight up cash, where as taking Hyundai's finance would mean they aren't likely to give much off it. Also can have certainty of the repayments over the next 6 years and won't be wondering about the costs of refinancing on the GMFV down the road. Has anyone been able to get some money off when negotiating price with dealers and if so who was giving the best offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

There is no scope for price reduction even for cash sale. Demand here and worldwide is outstripping supply so they will just sell to next in line.

The only pro for the purchaser is that trade in values are way up since 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

you are more likely to get a discount if financing a new car with the dealer than being a cash buyer , this true for every brand

that said while demand is outstripping supply no deals are to be had at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Hyundai's finance is through Bank of Ireland. They don't have their own bank like VW do. 5.9% from Hyundai is as good as any bank is offering. The whole 0% interest on the VAG cars is a big marketing ploy. The cost of the finance has already been built into the cost of the cars and margins, it just makes bottom line look a lot more attractive and affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Yeah I'm seeing a few EV6s around and have to say I'm not having any buyer regret with the Ioniq 5. The EV6 is a great looking car, but it's not as striking as the Ioniq 5. Couple that with the better head room and boot space and I'm confident made right decision.

I'm sure people with the EV6 feel vice versa when they're seeing Ioniqs around so no problem with that, 2 great cars. Different strokes...

Yep I got 1k more selling Audi A3 in Jan than what I was being offered 6 months ago. I don't think trade ins are still great I'd recommend zucar much better than dealers and no hassle or bargaining. Sell it when your ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Would definitely have the Ioniq 5 over the EV6. Totally agree about the styling, the Ioniq is funky without going over the top. Read an article that it handles slightly better too, although in everyday driving we probably couldn't tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

That's exactly it. Kia offer 0% finance from BOI on certain models but in reality, they have to pay BOI for that so whatever they pay BOI is added onto the list price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

From what I see EV6 getting marginally better reviews but both receiving terrific praise

Advertisement