Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Did they give you a delivery estimate for the comfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not yet as I haven't made the order. I'm due to drop in tomorrow to do that. I did ask about rumours of the 2022 production already being sold out and I was told that they are aware of delays but can't give me a timeframe yet.

I'll post up an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

I'll be interested in what dates you are given. Ordered the same, comfort and standard colour at the end of October. Was told then it would a March delivery. Called dealer middle of Jan for an update and he said "Don't worry you will have the car this year" with a vague mention of end of Q2 after I sounded shocked.

I've been following updates here https://www.id3forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1088&start=2100 UK don't have same trims but being RHD would assume same ish build times. Not looking good based on what's being discussed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was speaking again with the VW dealer about placing an ID3 order. I was told today that the earliest it will be is November '22 and likely to slip to early '23, possibly March '23. Didn't sound confident at all on November.

I didn't put a deposit down yet, as they are going to get a bit more detail around price protection, if for instance VRT changes between now and March '23, will they honour the current price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

At least they were honest about dates and mentioning it could go to 13 months. That's a bit riskier like you mentioned with vrt or grant changes if anything comes in. An absolute pain but seems like many other manufacturers are in the same boat. Back in Oct 21 Hyundai were saying July 22 minimum for an ionic 5. Hopefully through 22 things get back to some normality supply chain wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sounds crazy alright, but as I said before, VW don't appear to be prioritising the ID.3 atm, preferring to sell higher profit models.

Hyundai however seem to have no problems now with the new Ioniq 5, I asked just last week how long would I have to wait if trading in. Was told availibility was not a problem, a new order perhaps a month or so. (Not sure if that from stocks already or due in)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What’s the earliest an ID3 will come off PCP? 2023? Might be awkward when upgrading isn’t an option due to availability

lots of Korean semi conductors, probably prioritising local companies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mine will be up in October 2023.

I'm going to drive the Born when it's available in March and see what I think.

Mégane is also on the radar. If not I think I'll just buy this out for the €14K GMFV and sell it privately and buy a older smaller EV for a runaround as we're also looking at switching the Karoq to an Enyaq/Ioniq 5 so a smaller and bigger combo should work better for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

On the ID.3 UK FB group someone posted this as an announcement from VW. Seems legit but I haven’t been able to find confirmation. If it is real, I wonder if a similar streamlining is likely here.

Id.3 changes from 10th Feb 2022.

Due to the huge sucess of the id3 being the no1 selling electric hatchback in the uk for 2021 VW UK are rationalising the current id range. This is due to the semi conducter issues therefore changes are being made across europe to optimise the supply situation. From the 10th there will only be one model you can order this is an enhanced ID.3 life with the 58kw 204ps motor with an enhaced trim. This gets

1. Interior style premium seats with artvelours micro fleece finish.

2. Tinted rear windows.

3. Assistance pack, inc rear view camera, keyless entry and illuminated door handles.

Cost will be £35835.00

Options 

will be metalic paint, 18-19 & 20" alloys, three pin charger cable, bike carrier and heat pump.

VW will continue building existing orders which will be built as planned and price protected.

The family, Max and Tour are being removed from the ordering site and showroom apps and website.

This decision has been made to minimise production restrictions and to optimise the current supply situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PabloMolina

Hi all!

We put a 1000 euros deposit on a Life moonstone grey yesterday.

I will keep you posted with the waiting times.

They mentioned that the Life will be discontinued soon. With the over 2 grand more expensive Comfort model becoming the cheapest option.

Does the ID3 comes with a granny charger and type 2 to type 2 or are they an option? I was also offered the Autoglym LifeShine pack and mud flaps. Is it worth it??

Thanks for any feedback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

That will make the Tour models quite sought after machines for those who don’t want to waste their time queuing for the appalling e-cars network.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Got my ID3 Life back in october 2021. Granny cable and type 2 cable inc in the purchase..Type 2 was 6meters long I think.

Ordered a set of mud guards from plugear for 29.00euro plus 6 for shipping, so depends on the cost of the package you are been offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

A different version that is more complete and suggests something similar will be occurring Europe-wide. Still don’t have a web source.

From 10 February 2022, Volkswagen UK will rationalise the current ID.3 line-up and offer one pre-configured ‘Life’ trim level on the most popular 58kWh 204PS Pro Performance engine.

The ID.3 has been a huge success, finishing 2021 as the number-one-selling electric hatch in the UK.

That high demand is only increasing, but unfortunately the semiconductor issues mean changes have to be made across all of Europe to optimise the supply situation.

Changes from 10 February

We will rationalise the ID.3 line-up from Thursday 10 February to minimise production restrictions. We will close ordering for all derivatives apart from the pre-configured ‘Life’ trim immediately, but continue building and delivering existing orders which will be built as planned and price-protected.

The rationalised derivatives (Family, Max, Tour) will be removed from the Volkswagen.co.uk website, configurator and Showroom app.

Specification changes

To ensure the longevity of a specification that appeals to the masses, the pre-configured ‘Life’ derivative will, from 10 February 2022, include the most desired options and upgraded premium seats as standard. This will result in an increased on-the-road (OTR) price of £35,835 for the ID.3 Life 58kWh 204PS Pro Performance.

This additional specification comprises:

Interior style in Dusty dark grey/Soul black ArtVelours microfleece

Tinted rear windows

Assistance pack including rear-view camera, keyless entry and illuminated door handles

Options will also be reduced to: metallic paint, 18-inch, 19-inch and 20-inch alloys, three-pin mains charge cable, bike carrier preparation and heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

your first post referred to Europe

therefore changes are being made across europe

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Thanks a million for your reply. Mud flaps 234 Euros and floor and boot mats 175 altogether. I must order Plugear ones also.

Any advise on the 450 Euros Autoglym LifeShine paint, upholstery and glass protection package anyone??

Thanks!!

Thanks a million for your reply. Mud flaps 234 Euros and floor and boot mats 175 altogether. I must order Plugear ones also. 

Any advise on the 450 Euros Autoglym LifeShine paint, upholstery and glass protection package anyone??

Thanks!!

These are the Plugear Mud Flaps..They do boot liners and floor mats as well. Sorry no info on Lifeshine.

• Advertisement

They look amazing and they are a fraction of the one sold at the dealership!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I got the Lifeshine package on my previous car. Not worth the hassle. I was told that it protects the paint.... it doesn’t. Bird poo will still mark it unless it's removed quickly.

They always include it in the price as well as the RTI (return to invoice) protection insurance.

Your are not obliged to buy either of these. Lately they are also including a service pack in to the "delivery " price. This is also not a compulsory purchase.

have the standard Steel wheel with upgraded plastic hub caps..Looks the biz and most people think they are alloys..I saved nearly a Grand on alloys on the original purchase.

Thanks. I will do the same. I don’t like alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Is there a name on those plastic hub caps? Did you get them from dealer?

Morning everyone!

Any info on waiting times for 2022 orders??

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Yeah, 2023. ;)

• Advertisement

Really. Wow! Where did you get that information?

Advertisement