Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I learned today that I'm a close contact of someone with the virus. I phoned my GP's surgery for accurate information re PCR tests.

"That has to be done online, perhaps you could get someone to do it for you"

Never have I given that person the impression that I'm incompetent or incapable of a simple online task. The f...ING condescension.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Look at your last paragraph…. There is your problem… the supervisor emails all 5… I worked with a twat like that…

that’s a cowards way out.. if two people don’t wear full uniform..talk to all 5 ? If two people are not clocking out correctly, talk to all 5 ? Nope, address the non compliance, bad performance with those not meeting that standard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Completely agree. That cowardly approach by a manager / supervisor just pisses off those who work hard. Plus the workers lose all respect for the mealy mouthed person who sends emails like that, instead of tackling the problem.

And meanwhile the dossers continue to do what they do best, ie little or nothing. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've a package with Three where I top up every 28 days and keep my credit. I generally use this on competitions, etc. I had about €60 credit in my phone and I got a text on Thursday saying my credit was running low and I had €2 left. I accidently missed my top up date.

I somehow activated the voice assistant on my phone. Now I don't know how to shut her up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ask her. 😁

The endless sickness when your kids go to a creche.

There's a little old lady that delivers National Party leaflets out this way.

Sometimes she mixes it up and delivers anti-CCP leaflets.

You have to diversify to stay competitive, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The announcer on RTE pronouncing the new show Peataí all wrong

she pronounces it Patty instead of Pathee . You would think someone would know better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Ireland's Eurovision entry is null points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A family member who has this habit last few years of setting expectations of you without even consulting you initially … without even asking you… how you are feeling, are you tired, can you possibly do ? When I am not in compliance with their request due to genuinely being fûcked tired they get snarky and condescending , which meant in turn so did I x10 in a kind of OTT manner but fûck it, I’m past caring…

double annoying as it’s the weekend and I’m really not of the mind to want to have to put up with people or their BS, be nice to just relax…. So fûck it I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ppl on social media declaring that they paid for some poor souls coffee/shopping/haircut/whatever, ffs I thought that it's meant to be a nice gesture not a 'like' and 'look at me' scenario!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are attention whores on you tube that have videos of themselves giving a big tip or dropping a few hundred dollars on a homeless person and then shoving the camera in their face to see the reaction. Pathetic stuff

There just desperate for an article in the Mirror or Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When my missus makes tea she'll never stir it which I find baffling and extremely annoying

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Whoa whoa whoa, when it's drawing or when something is added to it?. If the former i wouldn't flipping drink it, weird.

That could brew into a serious karfoffel ☕🙊☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just saw an advert halfway through had no idea what it was for.

Showed a man with Down Syndrome working as a chef. Tagline was they said he could not be a chef but 'his smile said different'.It continued on like this showing various people of different backgrounds who overcame adversity - I suppose you would call it.

At this stage I was thinking is this one of those abstract Bank empowerment type adverts that have nothing to do with the Bank. Yep, I was sure it was a bank advert - I said. Maybe Amazon or something I starting thinking. Yeah it must be Amazon or Ebay or the like. It kept showing a swoosh symbol thing like a sort of smile.

It came to the end of the advert. It was for a very famous brand name toothpaste!!! 🙄

I was wasn't smiling at the end of it. Whatever about Bank, ads or online delivery companies at least they can vaguely claim it has an impact on 'life'. Still annoying though.

But when the toothpaste companies try to pretend they have a link to 'empowering people, it is getting really silly.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Actually yeah, you are probably right.

Latest TA: was out last night for a couple of pints with some mates. I'd be known around the area for being involved in the coaching/management side of GAA despite having not played since I was a chap.

There were fellas out from our rival club (think Liverpool-United or Meath-Dublin rivalry) who were winding me up, basically accusing me of not knowing the game because I didn't play at adult level. I am proud that I showed self restraint but I came so close to causing a row. I shouldn't have to put up with that **** on a night out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got a notification 'news about your ticket ' No I didn't win it , but won £68 so a win :)

• Advertisement

Opening a box of matches upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Companies trying to make 'St Brigid's Day sale' a thing, there's enough occasions hijacked by marketeers!

Vomiting bug. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog caught and killed a rabbit on our walk earlier. Then tried to bring it with her. Most distressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Congratulations!

You've won the thread! 🥳🎉🎊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

No people featured in new housing adverts. Is it because they'd be obliged to feature non-nationals and that might affect sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm not sure what's more puzzling, the fact that you think companies are obliged to include certain nationalities/colours/cultures in their ads, or the intimation that there are people put there who are actually bigoted enough not to buy something because the company in question used - quelle horreur! - non-White/Irish people to advertise it.

In TV programs when the characters sit around in the dark and it's hard to see what's going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The top of my pepper grinder fell apart as I was using it

• Advertisement

Those little pieces of popcorn that get stuck in your palate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement