Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

No doubt someone from Leinster will mention it in the build up. Im betting heaslip

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Violent Mediocrity

Personally prefer the Mannings and love Eli. Those two carbon copy drives upfield and basketball shots to flip over the top to take Bradys 4th and 5th rings away from him were like he was almost f8cking the stage/pitch. It was sublime.

Having said that Phelps Federer Bolt Woods are all beneath him in the sporting pantheon of greats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I’m not sure why, but this talk of Tom Brady in the Leinster thread is somehow reminding me of Gavin Duffy’s return to GAA…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Big one next week! I hope the boys are well drilled and up for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Looking forward to it. 6pm kick off is going to be a pain in the arše to get to though.

Edinburgh going well. Quite surprised that they have been this good.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,647 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

anyone any idea when these tickets will be available to purchase?

want to bring my young lad for his 13th bday, and theyre not available yet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yes. Ticketmaster hasnt anything available yet.... Even though the games is in 6 days

• Advertisement

If it's just 2, ya can have my seats. Can't get across to it for 18:00.

Ah that's incredibly generous thank you.

It will mostly likely be him and his mom and me, but if she can't make it id love to take you up on the offer.

I'll should know more by Tuesday.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭hold my beer

You can probably have mine too. Currently isolating in room. Will know for sure in a few days

Good luck! It's **** this isolating and the crap that goes along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭DelMcG

I really don't get where they picked a 6pm kick off from. There are no other matches in the league that night. Is it so it doesn't clash with the U20s game?

I think it'll be a fairly sparse crowd to be honest. I'm grand getting to it, as I work reasonably close by & have booked a day in the office on Friday (first one in nearly two years! 😲) but if I was WFH, I'd be cutting it very, very fine. My brother has had to give up his ticket as he won't be home until 5:30, has to pick the little fella up from creche and his other half won't be home from work until 6:30. And that's just a Dublin problem. If you're living even as close by as Kildare or Meath and are only knocking off work at 5, you'd be really struggling to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep its the U20s clash. Bizarre decision and as another poster said, you can't even buy tickets on Ticketmaster for it so I imagine it's going to be a relatively poor turn-out. I'm WFH and I've no idea if my fiancée can get out of work early to come with me so I might have to bail on it. You're spot on though, whatever about people in Dublin, its going to be near impossible for those outside of Dublin with full-time jobs to make it.

They should have put it on the Sunday.

just an FYI

tickets available now on ticketmaster

@dregin thanks for the offer, but ill pick up 3 tickets for the north stand for the 3 of us.

edit: family ticket is actually the same price so we'll probably bring another with us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

I see Glasgow v Munster is on TV on Friday at 8.15.

I'd imagine that is why the Leinster game is on so early.

I don't think it's anything to do with the under 20s. The Ulster game last Friday clashed with the under 20s.

Its still an awful time for the fans who've payed good money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

That's the 3rd serious knee injury Connors has sustained in his career thus far (although less serious than the previous 2)

I wonder has it been the same knee each time

That is worrying for Connors and Leinster. Connors has no luck at all. Leavy is out too! Penny will get minutes now and I suppose an academy player could get into the mix.

Connors must be devastated. His whole career has been one injury after the next. I worry about his future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

With injuries and assuming we get no internationals back I guess were looking at a team of:

Byrne Tracy Ala'alatoa

Molony Murphy

Ruddock Deegan Penny

Luke Ross

Frawley Osborne

DK JOB Byrne

Cronin Dooley Vakh Toner Soroka McCarthy Harry TOB

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Sounds like Ross byrne has some fans in France. His contract must not be sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

I think I'd go for:

1. Edward Byrne
    2. James Tracy
    3. Michael Ala'alatoa
    4. Joe McCarthy
    5. Ross Molony
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Max Deegan
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Harry Byrne
    11. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Ciarán Frawley
    13. Jamie Osborne
    14. Tommy O'Brien
    15. Jimmy O'Brien
    16. John McKee
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Vakhtang Abdaladze
    19. Alexis Soroka
    20. Sean O'Brien
    21. Nick McCarthy
    22. Ross Byrne
    23. David Kearney

If Joe McCarthy isn't fit stick Murphy in there, I guess. Hopefully McCarthy will be available. It'd be good to see him fast-tracked. I know Murphy is leaving, but having a heavy 6 in there would be helpful for a rookie second row. Maybe Murphy will return to Leinster one day. I don't really see the point in involving Cronin. It wouldn't really be progressive. And surely it's time to try to get HB significant gametime so he can bed in? Jimmy O'Brien plays the game beautifully at fullback. He's a real asset for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

You'd hope larmour might get released if he is not in the 23 2 weeks in a row. I'd imagine Hume with travel as one if the 24th men if henshaw comes back in as expected. But with larmours versatility he might be kept in camp.

Id hope Harry starts this week as Ross started the last game great window to rotate the 2 of them and give the 2 of them plenty of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Connacht v Leinster Friday 9th April kick off 8pm.

Return leg on Good Friday, 15th April in the Aviva Stadium with kick off at 5.30pm.

I know it's Good Friday but still a terrible time for a kick off and to try sell it to the public.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yeah, 5:30pm on Good Friday isn't great. A lot of people would still be working since it's not a public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ridiculous kick off time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Yeah very few get this as a day off. I think it's a very strange time to be given when then trying to sell as many tickets as possible for the Aviva.

Advertisement