Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OH MY WORD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

His first goal for Liverpool and he’d be doing very well to ever score a better one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

What a touch and goal. He looks sharper than before he got injured, very promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Was the best player on the pitch from the moment he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just need Diaz to smash one in now to make it a truly perfect day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Wow, what a cracker that was. Delighted for him, what a perfect return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dare I say it, the squad is looking VERY strong at the moment. Options all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goal nice finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Poor from Jimmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Millie very slow to react in midfield but lovely run and pass and then followed up with an excellent finish.

• Advertisement

Lovely Cardiff goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Been a good game overall. Would have been nice to get a clean sheet.

need to focus a bit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Thinking the exact same, I've been very underwhelmed by Jones all season bar 1or2 games when we are already absolutely cruising....

And the clean sheet goes to sh*t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That looks sore for Diaz. Studs down on the knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh no :(

Awful for Diaz. Looks bad.

Great goal from Cardiff to be fair....

Ohh fack Diaz!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Thank fook it looks like an impact injury

• Advertisement

Oh for christ sake. REALLY!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Defender can so take weight off his knee when he felt it under him, choose not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Very happy to see Diaz get stood on there.

It did not look good before the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Firmino will never score a goal again will he

I thought Minamino deserved the Motm

or maybe Virgil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Won't count our chickens yet on Diaz getting out of that unscathed for a few days.

Treble still on!

I thought Minamino was brilliant today too, beat the first man most times and either drew a foul or got us going in attack everytime he got on the ball....Elliot very good for the 30 minutes he was on, very comfortable and sharp in possession.

• Advertisement

Minamino's goals to minutes make him a 1 in 2 goalscorer.

11 goals in 2038 minutes played since he joined the club including today.

Not bad from the 5th/6th choice back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jones should go watch Elliot's performance. Forget his goal which was obviously brilliant, but watch his maturity in his play, simple passing, builds up his forward play, knows when to break forward, awareness, defensive work and no wild shots. He is streets ahead of Jones.

One angle of Eliiotts goal showed how much rain was falling during the game.

This is one of the things that annoys me about Jones, he's simply unable to get on the ball and take control of the game when we required. He can be very good when we are 2/3 up and pouring forward but that's it, he also has no defensive awareness and reacts way too late when a situation is unfolding against us!

I think Elliot’s natural ability and the type of position he takes up suits a Klopp team more than Jones.

I am struggling to see what type of player Jones is, is he a Henderson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I said it in the sunmer and people laughed but Jones needs to go on loan, He needs to play football week in week out to learn the small boring things like blocking passing lanes,

Villa for a season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Elliott.

Elliot.

We have to get this right my peeps. Not hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Harvey Elliott goal was just so nice. Really happy for him.

A nice introduction to Dias too, and his workrate.

Jota is incredible in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

He reminds me of Coutinho a little in terms of type of player, just not as good atm. He just doesn't fit in to a Klopp midfield or system. For me he is an attacking mid or playing off / behind a traditional striker(s). He is terrible off the ball and as others have said he isn't a controller either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Of course he was. We were playing a Championship level side and Taki is an upper championship level player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What does that say about all our players who were poor today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He's a slower, less defensively aware Wijnaldum, who has the very odd screamer in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

This is horseshyte. Taki is much better than that. Very useful player to have in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

To me he seems like the type of player that would have been indulged under Roy Evans or Gerard Houllier but the team is a a couple of levels beyond that now.

Jones broke through to the first team squad two years ago but he doesn't seem to have matured at all. He got a run of games in midfield last season but he was a passenger in the big games particularly against Man City and Chelsea and he lost his place in the line up shortly afterwards. It seems harsh to judge a 20 year old for his performances against the teams that played in the Champions League Final but that is the level he's playing at. Harvey Elliott replaced him in the lineup at the start of the season and Jones wasn't missed. Injuries to Elliott, Thiago and Milner are to thank for the opportunities that he got in the team earlier in the season and against Man City and Brentford he exhibited the same weaknesses in his game.

Today Elliott came into the game and demonstrated why he is ahead of Jones. Jones is a liability where we need the midfield to be switched on, everything Elliott did had purpose - pressing, passing, movement. In contrast there was the Curtis Jones show where he jogged about, chose poor passing options and tried to work himself into positions to have a crack at goal to replicate his effort against Everton two years ago.

Jones is a talented individual but he plays as an individual and there's no place for that in our midfield - maybe a loan move where he plays regularly would allow him to develop as required but I can't see him getting sufficient opportunities at Liverpool without him showing more maturity.

Jones is another Shelvey bags of talent who will bang in a few screamers a season however he just doesn't have that x-factor to bring it game in game out and when a good offer from a midtable club comes the club will take it.

Look back through this thread for match days where Taki featured. Utterly useless, missing sitters and making up the numbers is about the height of it. He scores the odd goal and suddenly people forget the buckets of game time where he couldn't get a kick. He tries hard but just isn't that good. He wouldn't feature for City so why do we tolerate him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just on the Cardiff goal... I think if Becker had been between the sticks today, he gets something on that and makes the save.

Jones was admittedly poor today but he just turned 21 a week ago.

Not everyone is going to be Trent or Mbappe when they break into the first team.

You don't play 30 odd games in a season for Klopp, when you're 19/20, if you're a donkey.

Instead of comparing Jones to Elliott and concluding that Jones is rubbish, why not just acknowledge that Elliott is potentially very special. A generational talent.

Comparing Elliott to 99.9% of youngsters is not going to turn out well for the other fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

He's Steve McManaman 'lite' - he doesn't have the dribbling but he has the swagger and the hair. Watching McManaman used to frustrate the sh!t out of me, you could tell withing minutes if he was likely to do something in a game or whether he was just going to go through the motions and Jones has the same feel about him.

Minamino has more goals than Sancho & Grealish combined and only one behind Lukaku this season that's not bad going for a player you wouldn't tolerate at the club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement